*** The Official RUTGERS Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

anyone else' status changed from invited for interview to received/under review?

Members don't see this ad.

no one can say for sure what a status change at this point means, so dont get too worked up over it.
im cautious because i have no idea...but hoping for the best.
suspense sucks

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else' status changed from invited for interview to received/under review?
mine was changed from invited for interview to received/under review. I don't know what that means right now

Accepted via email @ 7:50 am. Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted earlier today by email... Historically speaking, anyone know if there was any significant movement on the list in years past? I'm just trying to figure out where I stand in the mix of things at this moment in time.

I was accepted also......in state. For those who are choosing Rutgers....can you explain why you would rather go here than other schools if you are OOS?

Congrats everyone! Any school willing to take that chance on you is cool in my book.;)

I'm OOS (from NY), I got in to a few schools in NY as well and will be withdrawing from my Rutgers acceptance. I don't know how significant the movement is, but that's at least 1 spot for the waitlist to draw from!

If you have heard nothing from Rutgers and are OOS, would it be beneficial to call them and reiterate interest, or is it not worth it?
Thanks.

I was accepted also......in state. For those who are choosing Rutgers....can you explain why you would rather go here than other schools if you are OOS?

Congrats everyone! Any school willing to take that chance on you is cool in my book.;)

Has anyone gone through the packet of information? If we do decide to send in a deposit do all forms need to be submitted by January 6th to save a seat?

Has anyone gone through the packet of information? If we do decide to send in a deposit do all forms need to be submitted by January 6th to save a seat?

I think so. But I think there is a form missing ( essential something form)

I'm OOS (from NY), I got in to a few schools in NY as well and will be withdrawing from my Rutgers acceptance. I don't know how significant the movement is, but that's at least 1 spot for the waitlist to draw from!

Thank you!! Rutgers is my dream school and I was totally crushed when I found out I was waitlisted. Congrats on your acceptances

Last edited:
Does anybody know what to write in the email to confirm the interview?

Ok thanks. Yea I heard RSDM is a mostly laid back interview. Anybody here interviewed? Which adcom should I mostly prepare for? Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Ok thanks. Yea I heard RSDM is a mostly laid back interview. Anybody here interviewed? Which adcom should I mostly prepare for? Thanks

There are literally 10-15 different interviewer lol... You can't prepare for particular adcom

Received my acceptance monday morning, sent in all the forms, made my deposits and got my background check cleared :) Officially a Rutgers Dental Student Class of 2018 :) Congratulations to everyone else and good luck to those who have been waitlisted! Also, if anyone is curious I am instate.

Received my acceptance monday morning, sent in all the forms, made my deposits and got my background check cleared :) Officially a Rutgers Dental Student Class of 2018 :) Congratulations to everyone else and good luck to those who have been waitlisted! Also, if anyone is curious I am instate.

mind making a fb group?

Had my interview last Friday, I received a phonecall today from Dr. Chaviano telling me I was accepted. Sorry I can't join the facebook group--I don't have one. I'm out of state (nyc) and I'm interested in going :)

Congratulations on your acceptances! I'm a D1 @ RSDM. If you have any questions, I'm here to help - feel free to shoot over a message.

Last edited:
Not to worry... a few people will drop throughout the months... even in July... a classmate of mine received her official acceptance 3 weeks before orientation :)
If you are OOS and you haven't heard anything (not even an interview) do you think calling them would help?
Thanks.

Had my interview last Friday, I received a phonecall today from Dr. Chaviano telling me I was accepted. Sorry I can't join the facebook group--I don't have one. I'm out of state (nyc) and I'm interested in going :)

Woah, so you were literally accepted a few days post interview?

Absolutely! I had called and many people do.

What's the point of calling them? I found that any time I call the schools, they just give me the generic response "your file is still under review".

You need to develop "cold calling" skills... sales skills will be vital to your career. You need to learn how to get past the receptionist. Do some research on how to do this. You just need to be adamant that you need to speak to that specific person directly as a personal matter... whatever it takes. Just do your research, you'll find some helpful tips.
Please give tips. I really want to go to Rutgers

have my interview at rutgers this friday! any advice from those of you that got in?

just relax. I had Dr. Singer. It was probably the easiest interview I have ever had.
I hope so! I really want to get in! Was your interviewer the same person that emailed you to confirm your interview? My invitation was from Dr. Rosa but some woman named Christine is emailing be confirming?