****The Official U of Washington Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Oh my goodness, so glad that I'm not the only one who is nervous! It's all I can think about. I tried to look at last year's thread and most people said that Kathy calls in the morning I believe? I don't know for sure though! No update here! How about for you?
Nope, no update. Just says "invited for interview" still. And I'm also starting to second guess, did Sue say it would be Dec 1st or 2nd? lol Last year, they were informed the 2nd, I believe. I just hope to get an answer tomorrow.... :)

Members don't see this ad.

Oh my goodness, so glad that I'm not the only one who is nervous! It's all I can think about. I tried to look at last year's thread and most people said that Kathy calls in the morning I believe? I don't know for sure though! No update here! How about for you?
Just curious, when was your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, no update. Just says "invited for interview" still. And I'm also starting to second guess, did Sue say it would be Dec 1st or 2nd? lol Last year, they were informed the 2nd, I believe. I just hope to get an answer tomorrow.... :)
Oh I'm not totally sure! It may actually be the 2nd that we're informed. That's a good question.

October 9th & 10th! When was yours?
November 14... We will find out it due time, but I honestly am enjoying obsessing about it for a short time. I was super calm through the weekend and it just hit me today... Dang, I've worked so hard for this and I may know tomorrow ;)

November 14... We will find out it due time, but I honestly am enjoying obsessing about it for a short time. I was super calm through the weekend and it just hit me today... Dang, I've worked so hard for this and I may know tomorrow ;)
It sounds like we are feeling the same way! I totally agree, couldn't have said it any better. I just looked on the website at the timeline and it looks like they start notifying applicants of their status Dec. 1st! So fingers crossed :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys we found out dec 1 last year my portal hadn't changed up till after I got the phone call! I got the call the last out of all the schools I got into I believe it was around 9 or 10 AM. Good luck!!! I remember how anxious I was last year haha remember everything will be fine *deep breaths* let me know if you have any other questions

Oh also they only fill up like half the class by dec 1 at least that's how it was for us last year.. Not sure now since they're only Doing one post dec interview but they definitely leave a decent amount of space open!

I've been trying to sleep for the past thirty minutes but I cannot. All ten fingers crossed - good luck everyone!!

Accepted!! "Offer Made" status update on the portal, about 7:15am mountain time

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Offer made. Interview 10/9. IS. Congrats everyone, Best of luck!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Congrats on getting accepted!! More info will be forthcoming on a facebook page from the first years so hold off on making your own!

Last edited:
Once accepted join the UWSOD Class of 2020 Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/920256668023162

Hey everyone! Congrats to those who have received the call already and hold tight to everyone else, it is still so early! As is mentioned above, the class of 2019 will be managing the class Facebook page until your class officers are established, so again hold tight! Just enjoy the feeling of your future career taking form, call your mom and have a good rest of your week!

Reactions: 3 users
Offer made! So excited to get the call!!!!!!! And I got into RIDE!! Dream come true :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I remember being so stressed on Dec 1 last year waiting for the call that never came. Dont stress if you dont get the call today guys. I didnt get the call until like Dec 18th and I was in the first interview group (first week in September). I got really stressed when they didnt call on Dec 1 and I let it just completely ruin my week. So dont stress out!

Reactions: 2 users
Offer made. Still waiting for the call. Anybody know when they will notify us about RIDE?

I remember being so stressed on Dec 1 last year waiting for the call that never came. Dont stress if you dont get the call today guys. I didnt get the call until like Dec 18th and I was in the first interview group (first week in September). I got really stressed when they didnt call on Dec 1 and I let it just completely ruin my week. So dont stress out!
This is me right now (1st interview group, still waiting). Thanks for sharing!

Did your status change on the portal?

ahhhh first group interviews and no call yet... should I freak out yet? Too late im freaking out.

Just got the phone call! Didn't get into RIDE but I'm still in!!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the phone call! 10:30am mountain time. My status on the portal changed to "offer made" this morning around 7:15am

Not until after they called me.

It appears that this year the portal status changes prior to receiving a call. That should provide a better indication to applicants as to whether they were accepted or waitlisted/rejected - no need to hang around your phone or computer waiting for a decision.

Last edited:
It appears that this year the portal status changes prior to receiving a call. That should provide a better indication to applicants as to whether they were accepted or waitlisted/rejected - no need to hang around your phone or computer.

My portal says Offer Made and I'm waiting for the call, so this is incorrect.

My portal says Offer Made and I'm waiting for the call, so this is incorrect.

I suppose the latter part of my statement is incorrect. You should be around your phone to answer the call even if you know you received an offer! :p

Offer made :)

Already so ready to put my security deposit down. So stoked. YASSS

First year UWSOD student here. Congrats to everyone getting calls today and in the days to come! In previous years, some people who received acceptance calls had changes in their portal while others did not (there is still hope). Waitlist was not notified until March (there is still hope as the WL moved ~14 people last year, maybe 20-25 total were originally WL'd)--i.e. if you do not receive an acceptance call right away, no call is a good sign, UW can be slow handing out acceptances (there is still hope). Enjoy your holiday season and feel free to PM me if you need a pep talk/have questions :]

P.S. don't spend a lot of time on SDN, it's toxic to your sanity

The day is not over yet:)
I just got a call from another school.

Accepted!! Saw my portal change this morning and then got a call around 11:30 AM PST.

I'm on the same page with you, desperately waiting for UW call

Will we get a call with a rejection or is it a silent rejection?

Will we get a call with a rejection or is it a silent rejection?
With a rejection, your status will change to like "Application Declined" or something along those lines and you will also get an email "regretting to inform you"...

Has anyone heard from the school today?

Last edited:
We might not hear anything until they form the waitlist.
Meanwhile pay the deposit somewhere else and stay positive:clap:
The game is not over yet

We might not hear anything until they form the waitlist.
Meanwhile pay the deposit somewhere else and stay positive:clap:
The game is not over yet

Thank you for you positivity and optimism! I'm hoping for the best. Wish you the best of luck too! :)

Looks like we just have to hope we're in that second round of offers :D or improve for next year.

Is there any facebook page for class of 2020 that's going to be put up?

It appears that this year the portal status changes prior to receiving a call. That should provide a better indication to applicants as to whether they were accepted or waitlisted/rejected - no need to hang around your phone or computer waiting for a decision.
My portal status changed on dec 1st to offer made but havent receive any call or email? Is this normal? Hoping its not a computer glitch...