****The Official U of Washington Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Does the microbiology credit have to be upper division? I'm OOS and my microbiology credit is MIC 205.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know where to find when classes will begin? I heard that UW starts late July. I'm getting married late July so it's important I know an exact date!
Everything is so up in the air with all the curriculum changes your best bet would be to call whoever is listed on your interview invite to ask them, and they can direct you to someone who knows if they don't. Congrats on the wedding and interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was invited for an interview OOS

Last edited:
Everything is so up in the air with all the curriculum changes your best bet would be to call whoever is listed on your interview invite to ask them, and they can direct you to someone who knows if they don't. Congrats on the wedding and interview!
Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
I was invited for an interview OOS, with one semester of General Micro 205, so hopefully they don't make go back to undergrad and take an upper div Mic..which I doubt they even offer at my undergrad...
I would call them for sure but one of my friends currently at the school had to take upper div micro over the summer online.

Interview scheduled for October 9th and 10th.

For those of you that have confirmed your interview dates: Have you received the second confirmation e-mail?

Second confirmation email received today!

Hello Applicants!

I am a first year student at the University of Washington School of Dentistry. I just wanted to post and let you all know that I am around and can answer any questions you might have about the school, new curriculum, Seattle, MMI's etc. I will also be browsing through and answering questions along the way if it seems like it is needed.

Does anybody know where to find when classes will begin? I heard that UW starts late July. I'm getting married late July so it's important I know an exact date!
We started on July 20th, went for five weeks and had a two week break, started fall quarter right after Labor day

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally I found this thread! Looks like many of you have already had your interviews.. Mine is coming up in two weeks. Any of you applying to RIDE?

How many candidates does this school interview every year?

161 last year. 113 is. 48 oos.
Hmm. I think they're interviewing more candidates this year then. At least, that's the vibe I'm getting based on the size of my interview group.

For those of you who have interviewed already, how did you dress for the tour day?

Hmm. I think they're interviewing more candidates this year then. At least, that's the vibe I'm getting based on the size of my interview group.

capnamerica: there are many people at the interview days compared to last year, but they are conducting fewer interviews. So the number interviewed should be about the same to my knowledge.

Tour Day: Business Casual
Guys: suit without the jacket/tie = collared button up shirt, slacks, oxfords or loafers
Gals: blouse, dress pants/long skirt, flats or low heels

Just look professional and you'll be fine. You'll be touring a couple buildings, crossing streets, and probably using a few staircases during the tour. "Sensible" footwear is recommended by the admissions staff.
I feel silly! Got the "interview details" email a day after I posted. Thanks karanja! :)

Anyone receive an email about the event this Saturday?

Has anyone recieved an email with details for today's event?

Yay! I found this thread finally. Has anyone had their AADSAS portal updated to anything other than "Invited for Interview" yet?

Yeah mine changed to Denied.

No interview. What I did get to do pay the supplemental fee though. :lame:

I'm not bitter about it. I guess I'll just try harder for next cycle. Being a WA resident, UW is my number 1 choice.

I'm not bitter about it. I guess I'll just try harder for next cycle. Being a WA resident, UW is my number 1 choice.
Ha yeah I'm not really that upset. Wish I could've seen the school though!

@andkhn how did yours go?
I think it went well! I guess you never know. I liked the MMI format, it sort of works well with my strengths. I did ask one of my interviewers a controversial question, which I hope didn't change his opinion about me... I guess that's why it's nice to have so many interviewers - you aren't likely to offend them all.
I really liked the staff and their school so I guess now we wait until Dec 1st to hopefully be picked! :)

didn't even get the supplemental, no rejection
I wouldn't discount it altogether. They are still interviewing one more group in January, so maybe they'll still send you a secondary :)

Does anyone know if UW fill up the whole class by Dec 1st?

Does anyone know if UW fill up the whole class by Dec 1st?
From the sounds of it, they are doing more interviews in January so I am assuming that they will fill up the majority of them tomorrow but of course save some spots for those interviews. I'm curious to see how many people they call tomorrow!

What time do you guys think they will be calling? So nervous!! Also, any status updates for anyone?

What time do you guys think they will be calling? So nervous!! Also, any status updates for anyone?
Oh my goodness, so glad that I'm not the only one who is nervous! It's all I can think about. I tried to look at last year's thread and most people said that Kathy calls in the morning I believe? I don't know for sure though! No update here! How about for you?