****The Official U of Washington Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

So is there no more interview offers available?
Unfortunately there won't be any more interviews for the class of 2020

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when the next round of offers go out and when the adcom usually meets? I know the last interviews were on the 22nd (I interviewed in November).
I hope we find out soon!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the adcom meets next or when we will hear something???

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the adcom meets next or when we will hear something???
I spoke with Carol this week and she said that they are still reviewing applicants from the January interview, and people can expect to hear in the next couple weeks. She told me that, "if people haven't heard back thats a good sign, we are telling people now if they are unlikely to be accepted". So no news is good news guys.

Also, the waitlist will be coming out soon after the next round of invites I would assume, and MANY of my classmates in c/o 2019 and other classes got in off the waitlist. Don't worry!

I spoke with Carol this week and she said that they are still reviewing applicants from the January interview, and people can expect to hear in the next couple weeks. She told me that, "if people haven't heard back thats a good sign, we are telling people now if they are unlikely to be accepted". So no news is good news guys.

Also, the waitlist will be coming out soon after the next round of invites I would assume, and MANY of my classmates in c/o 2019 and other classes got in off the waitlist. Don't worry!

Thank you for the update!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Accepted!

School: Washington
Notification date: 2-4-2016
Method of notification: call
Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: 09/18/2015
GPA (science, overall) 3.97, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/21/none below 17

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!

when did you do your interview? And what time did you get the call?

Accepted!

Great job man! Congrats I remember you at the interview in Jan!!! Don't forget your umbrella when you move up here lol!

Accepted!

Hey, great resume! With that I presume you would have had your share of great schools to choose from, my question is what is it about UW that set them apart?

Has anyone heard anything lately?? I heard invites and denials got sent out yesterday? Still waiting to hear anything

Members don't see this ad :)
Still haven't heard anything:( I talked to Sue last week and she said my application was going to be reviewed by the admissions committee last week Thursday. But I haven't heard anything since. Does anyone have any idea whan acceptances go out again or what does this mean? Has anyone talked to sue recently?

I talked to her office last week and I guess a bunch of acceptances and rejections were suppose to go out last Friday, but I haven't heard or seen anything, but I am sure that we will know something by this Friday and at the latest by the end of the month. I wonder how much of the class has been chosen, because it doesn't seem like that many people have posted on here except for a couple and mostly RIDE members. Anyone know how many people have committed or are on the FB page? I know that no news is good news this far, but the waiting is killing me :whistle::cryi::soexcited::cryi::whistle::idea: lol. I want to go here soooooo bad!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I haven't heard anything either...

If anyone has an updated timeline/information I'd appreciate the information too.

Does anyone know if acceptances/rejections are via call, email or post?

Thanks

do they know how many people get waitlisted each cycle or does it vary?

The admissions website says the waitlist (alternates) number varies from year to year. I've been informed in recent years the waitlist typically has 15 places and usually gets down to ~10.

Last edited:
I called Sue a couple hours ago and she said they denied all applications that are not considered competitive. So if you have not heard anything then your considered competitive. I asked when I would expect to hear any news and she told me that I might be getting an offer soon (at least in 2 weeks) because the class is not full or I might have a good spot on the waitlist. She said the class will be hopefully full by March 1st and that the waitlist will be sent out shortly after. So again the waiting game begins. I hope to hear some good news soon because it would be a dream to attend uw (my home state). Anyways hope this information helps because it was hard not knowing about what's happening...good luck to everyone and go huskies!!!

I called Sue a couple hours ago and she said they denied all applications that are not considered competitive. So if you have not heard anything then your considered competitive. I asked when I would expect to hear any news and she told me that I might be getting an offer soon (at least in 2 weeks) because the class is not full or I might have a good spot on the waitlist. She said the class will be hopefully full by March 1st and that the waitlist will be sent out shortly after. So again the waiting game begins. I hope to hear some good news soon because it would be a dream to attend uw (my home state). Anyways hope this information helps because it was hard not knowing about what's happening...good luck to everyone and go huskies!!!
Thank you very very much!! This made my day for sure :))

Thanks! The wait is almost over guys

I'm glad you called Sue and that is great news. Just to make it this far is so awesome! Good luck to all of you too and Go Dawgs!!!

Emailed Sue, said that they mailed my rejection letter today. Good luck to the rest of yous.

LoL, I didn't even open the envelope they sent. It went straight from my mailbox into the recycling.

Emailed Sue, said that they mailed my rejection letter today. Good luck to the rest of yous.
Dude that sucks!!! Keep your head up!!! Did you get any other invites or acceptances? Did Sue email you and say you were no longer considered or did your aadsas portal change to something else or did you get an email? Ahhh now I'm worried :(

Dude that sucks!!! Keep your head up!!! Did you get any other invites or acceptances? Did Sue email you and say you were no longer considered or did your aadsas portal change to something else or did you get an email? Ahhh now I'm worried :(
I emailed her asking her for an update and she said that they sent snail mail letter today.

My friend who interviewed with the last group said his portal status changed to rejected so just a heads up for everyone else

My friend who interviewed with the last group said his portal status changed to rejected so just a heads up for everyone else
Do they know when it changed? Today or yesterday?

Last edited:
My portal status is still invited for interview (interviewed Nov. 14th)...

I guess I'll be making a call Monday for the real scoop. Appreciate everyone who is providing info. Thanks.

Has anyone had a hard time getting a response from Admissions? I have emailed and tried calling several times only to get voicemail.

I emailed way back and do not get a response that often (they are really busy especially now when they have to finalize everything). I would recommend calling. I usually call Sue and ask for an update (if she does not pick up, then I usually call a couple hours later). She is really nice and willing to help. Anyways, hope this helps and if you hear any news/update, make sure to post! Go Huskies!!!

My portal status is still invited for interview (interviewed Nov. 14th)...

I guess I'll be making a call Monday for the real scoop. Appreciate everyone who is providing info. Thanks.

What did they say?

Just now had time to post what I found out:

I was told that everyone no longer being considered has been rejected and that they are now forming the wait list. As I understood, everyone who has not been given an acceptance is on the wait list (like me). The waitlist will be finished in the next couple weeks and I was told they expect a lot of movement on it. The number of spots on the list wasn't brought up and I wasn't given any indication as to my position. It was implied that everyone's placement on the list has not yet been determined.

I've been told and read (current student and forum posts) previously that the list is typically 15 long and last year went to 11. A couple of current students informed me that if you are 10 or less on the alternate list your chances of matriculation are very high/certain. -edit: the list may actually be and info not 100% accurate see customx post below.

Obviously this isn't as good as an offer and sorry if my report is bad news for some people, but I have to admit this news makes me pretty happy. I'm glad not to be rejected and still have a good(?) chance of matriculating.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just now had time to post what I found out:

I was told that everyone no longer being considered has been rejected and that they are now forming the wait list. As I understood, everyone who has not been given an acceptance is on the wait list (like me). The waitlist will be finished in the next couple weeks and I was told they expect a lot of movement on it. The number of spots on the list wasn't brought up and I wasn't given any indication as to my position. It was implied that everyone's placement on the list has not yet been determined.

I've been told and read (current student and forum posts) previously that the list is typically 15 long and last year went to 11. A couple of current students informed me that if you are 10 or less on the alternate list your chances of matriculation are very high/certain.

Obviously this isn't as good as an offer and sorry if my report is bad news for some people, but I have to admit this news makes me pretty happy. I'm glad not to be rejected and still have a good(?) chance of matriculating.
Thanks so much for sharing all that awesome info!!! So is the class full then? If we haven't been rejected yet are on the wait list and no more offers are going to be made? I guess that's better than nothing! Good luck!!!

I've been told and read (current student and forum posts) previously that the list is typically 15 long and last year went to 11. A couple of current students informed me that if you are 10 or less on the alternate list your chances of matriculation are very high/certain..

It may typically be 15, but I'm certain there has already been some movement. Last year I was initially at #17 or 18 on the waitlist, but I found out later that applicants had already withdrawn their name from the list, so I was added late relative to other people. IIRC I moved up to #10 by June. They may put 20-25 on the waitlist in total, but if you're one of the first 10 then you have an excellent chance of being offered an acceptance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
It may typically be 15, but I'm certain there has already been some movement. Last year I was initially at #17 or 18 on the waitlist, but I found out later that applicants had already withdrawn their name from the list, so I was added late relative to other people. IIRC I moved up to #10 by June. They may put 20-25 on the waitlist in total, but if you're one of the first 10 then you have an excellent chance of being offered an acceptance.
When they let you know that you are on the waiting list, do they inform you of what spot you're in as well? Or do you have to call and find out?

When they let you know that you are on the waiting list, do they inform you of what spot you're in as well? Or do you have to call and find out?
I had to call to get that info. I would call every two weeks to see if I had moved up

Thanks so much for sharing all that awesome info!!! So is the class full then? If we haven't been rejected yet are on the wait list and no more offers are going to be made? I guess that's better than nothing! Good luck!!!

I'm not sure about if the class is full or not, but anyone not yet been given an offer is on the waitlist was how I understood it. I think offers might still be made as applicants withdraw and go to other schools. That was what was meant by "a lot of movement" I guess.

How they administrate the waitlist isn't known to me. Hopefully customx will continue to illuminate. Not that it really matters, I suppose that if enough people withdraw then you get a call/offer to come.