***The Official UCLA Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just over 2 weeks now everyone....wish you all the best of luck! Who else has UCLA as their #1 choice?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an invitation on the 8th. OOS.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who have interviewed already, is your AADSAS status for UCLA still at "Invited for Interview?"

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to those of you that are waiting for a phone call tomorrow.

I hope to see all of you here next year!

Does anyone know between what times they inform us over phone? Do they do that before updating our statuses on AADSAAS?

Does anyone know between what times they inform us over phone? Do they do that before updating our statuses on AADSAAS?
Ms. Benitez said they will be doing it throughout the day. Don't expect first thing this am. I believe they make phone calls and emails.

Just got the call!!! I'm in! Can't believe it's real now.

congrats!!! did anyone else get a call yet? I am so nervous

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call too! Last name T :)

GOT THE CALL! SO STOKED!

Got the phone call as well! UCLA is my first choice, so hopefully I'll be seeing some of you in Fall 2014 :)

Got the call at 1030 this morning! Do we have a facebook group yet?!

Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted! I was hoping for a Pre-December interview.. alas it was not to be! Would you guys mind sharing your DAT scores and GPA as well as when you submitted your application? Just to get an idea of the stats of those who were given Pre-December interviews. :)

Last edited:
Did anyone receiver their offer packet yet in the mail? When should we get it?

Did anyone receiver their offer packet yet in the mail? When should we get it?

Nothing here yet.....on the facebook group someone posted that they were sent out yesterday (Thursday the 5th).....Depending upon how far away you live from the school I'd say they have a very good chance of arriving tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

Received the official letter today ! Has anyone received any scholarships from UCLA this cycle?

Anyone get invited for post-December interviews from UCLA?

Anyone know what % of the class ucla fills in December & chance at this point of an interview invite?

There are plenty of spots post-december. They still interview months after December. No worries.... If you are interviewing in April, you might have reason to get worried.

Also, UCLA I believe are more selective for their interview candidates. From what I heard, those who get an interview have a very very high chance of getting in.

Just declined offer :( such a hard decision but I'm glad it has been made:)

Just got an interview invite today! Is it worth going at this point or am I interviewing for a waitlist spot?

Just got an interview invite today! Is it worth going at this point or am I interviewing for a waitlist spot?

I don't know how many spots are left, but UCLA is definitely very selective in who they invite for interviews. In my opinion, there's a good chance you get accepted if you attend.

To those of you that went to ucla interviews this cycle: what were your opinions regarding the patient pool and how feasible it is to graduate on time? Some students say they have no patients, others say they have more than enough. I don't know what to believe since I'm out of state and have no idea how budget cuts are affecting the patient pool. Thank you!

The patient pool is generally a little lighter than other schools I interviewed. You are encouraged to seek out your own patients and some students have only self-referred patients that they work on. You are allowed some discretionary funds to use on patients that are unwilling/unable to pay for care if you deem it likely that they will get the work done if subsidized. That amount however changes year to year.

When asked, the fourth year that spoke to my interview group said that maybe 4 or 5 people would likely not graduate on time and have to continue on through the summer. That is about 5% of the class, including international students, and he thought that was about par for the course. I asked him if it was surprising that those students would have to stay on and he said that no, it was pretty apparently during their D3 year that those students weren't putting in the same hours as others and now it is coming back to hurt them.

Depending on what your other choices are in terms of schools I chose UCLA based on geography and cost. I am going to UCLA with the knowledge that I am going to probably have to work harder to get patients than if I went somewhere else.

Last edited:
This is what I have heard about patient pool (as a student). If you are not scheduling days off in clinic and taking "vacations" often (which you can do) then you will be out on time NO PROBLEM. I think this patient pool question has been floating down on SDN for the past 10 years and is simply not like it was before. I remember EVERY other interviewee asking about "patient pool" at my interview and every student answering said (with no reservation) "I have never felt like there is a lack of patients"

Take it with a grain of salt... But, I don't think you have much to worry about. You will get your patients and you will graduate and you will be a dentist.

Just got a Dean's Scholarship! Extremely shocked and could not be happier! Does anyone know if these are for each year or just a one-time thing?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a Dean's Scholarship! Extremely shocked and could not be happier! Does anyone know if these are for each year or just a one-time thing?

Congrats!

The letter you received from Frank should specify whether the scholarship is renewed or not. For example, my letter indicated that my Dean's Scholarship would "cover full fees (tuition, registration, etc.) for all four years," meaning that the scholarship would be renewed annually by default.

You can also always contact Frank Doucette to confirm. Let me know if you need his email, although it should be included in the scholarship letter.

Congrats!

The letter you received from Frank should specify whether the scholarship is renewed or not. For example, my letter indicated that my Dean's Scholarship would "cover full fees (tuition, registration, etc.) for all four years," meaning that the scholarship would be renewed annually by default.

You can also always contact Frank Doucette to confirm. Let me know if you need his email, although it should be included in the scholarship letter.

Wowww Congrats on your scholarship offer that is a fantastic deal......Mine was just a 1-time 20k from what it appears since there was no mention of renewal.

Just out of curiosity, what do you guys think made you good scholarship candidates? Was it some kind of research, or wide array of experiences? All I've ever heard is that dental schools aren't big on providing scholarships, because when you get out, you'll be a dentist.

I also applied to UCLA, thus the reason to check in here.