***The Official UCSF Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Did anyone put down anything in the additional info section? Is it bad to skip the section? I'm not even sure what else to add.

I think I will skip it. Everything I need to say has already been stated in my personal statement, on the supplemental questions, and elsewhere in my app. I feel no need to be redundant.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm almost tempted to just flip a coin, but I'll call the school tomorrow.

So I just called and she said to only put down the minimum requirements, so 1 semester of organic chemistry and lab. Also, convert all semester units to quarter units!

Has the problem with supplemental been resolved yet or not?

Members don't see this ad :)
So i got my supp in the email today. It says that i need to have it finished by Sept 3rd. However, as i'm filling out the supp, im under the "DDS/PhD program" tab/page, and it says that i need to complete a separate application (it gives a link to the page), and it says that it opens on Sept 1st. It also says that i need to complete a personal statement, resend my letters of recommendation, and transcript.

How in the world am i going to submit it to them in less than 2 days? Whaaaaattt?????

Wait hold on, is this for a dual DDS and PhD? Should i select "no"? WHAAAA

Last edited:
gnleff call the UCSF admissions number and press 3 when they give you the options, I forgot her first name but Ms. Williams is really nice when it comes to the admissions and application questions.

Also got request to submit supplemental due on september 3rd. given that I barely met their minimum on one section, I'm hoping they can see something else in my application.

Just got an email from UCSF stating that my supplemental has been received and is now under review. Hopefully that means we'll be hearing back from them relatively soon? The email reads:

"Please accept this message as confirmation that our office has received your supplemental application and that your file is complete. Your application will now enter our review process. If we require any additional materials, we will contact you directly.

You can monitor the status of your application by going to the AADSAS website.

Our office will be unable to respond to individual application status inquiries by phone or e-mail.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions
UCSF School of Dentistry"

Received supplemental 8/5, sent it back out 8/12.

Just got an email from UCSF stating that my supplemental has been received and is now under review. Hopefully that means we'll be hearing back from them relatively soon? The email reads:

"Please accept this message as confirmation that our office has received your supplemental application and that your file is complete. Your application will now enter our review process. If we require any additional materials, we will contact you directly.

Our office will be unable to respond to individual application status inquiries by phone or e-mail.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

Received supplemental 8/5, sent it back out 8/12.

Same here.

Sincerely,

Office of Admissions

Same here! I received the supplemental on 8/5 and sent it back out 8/10.

Edit: Also, I put two classes down for the organic prereq..that shouldn't cause a problem if they said differently in Sneakerblue's phone call, right?

Edit 2: I emailed the office and she said it would not cause an issue in the application review..in case anyone else listed two classes and was wondering as well

Last edited:
Hey guys, for the experience part of the UCSF supplemental, did you guys put down many dental experiences or just discuss one? It sounds like we are only supposed to discuss one.

Hey guys, for the experience part of the UCSF supplemental, did you guys put down many dental experiences or just discuss one? It sounds like we are only supposed to discuss one.

I only discussed one of my experiences (the one that had the biggest impact on me)

I submitted my supplemental on 8/20 and haven't gotten an app complete email yet. How long did it take you guys to receive an app complete/under review email from UCSF?

Members don't see this ad :)
I still don't understand the Qtr Units part. I'm guessing Credit Hours = Semester Units, since my school year is divided on semesters. How do i convert credit hours to Qtr Units?

Wow nvm... it says on the site to multiply semester units by 1.5.

BTW... Credit Hours = Semester Units right?? :D
From What i'm understanding - Credit Hours = Semester Units, Semester units = Qtr Units x 1.5

Last edited:
I still don't understand the Qtr Units part. I'm guessing Credit Hours = Semester Units, since my school year is divided on semesters. How do i convert credit hours to Qtr Units?

Wow nvm... it says on the site to multiply semester units by 1.5.

BTW... Credit Hours = Semester Units right?? :D
From What i'm understanding - Credit Hours = Semester Units, Semester units = Qtr Units x 1.5

What's next? How do I fit my long course titles into "Course title or test subject?":eek:
Yes

So i got my supp in the email today. It says that i need to have it finished by Sept 3rd. However, as i'm filling out the supp, im under the "DDS/PhD program" tab/page, and it says that i need to complete a separate application (it gives a link to the page), and it says that it opens on Sept 1st. It also says that i need to complete a personal statement, resend my letters of recommendation, and transcript.

How in the world am i going to submit it to them in less than 2 days? Whaaaaattt?????

Wait hold on, is this for a dual DDS and PhD? Should i select "no"? WHAAAA
If you apply for the DDS not for the DDS/Ph. D, you should say "no".

Hi guys, I also received my 'application now under review' email today. Got my supplemental 8/10, sent it back 8/19. Good luck to everybody. :thumbup:

Submitted 8.26. It would be awesome to meet one of you guys at an interview! Good luck everyone!

I submitted my supplemental on 8/20 and haven't gotten an app complete email yet. How long did it take you guys to receive an app complete/under review email from UCSF?
9/05/13 UCSF Confirmation supplemental received
8/22/13 Supplemental application subbmitted
8/12/13 Supplemental fee paid
8/12/13 Invitation to submit supplemental
7/19/13 UCSF email confirmation AADSAS application received
6/30/13 Sumbitted AADSAS

Sent mine on 8/19 and just received confirmation email saying that my application is under review!

weird tho... I don't know why I got the confirmation email so late.

haha same here.

Sent mine on 8/19 and just received confirmation email saying that my application is under review!

weird tho... I don't know why I got the confirmation email so late.

They do state that they review applications in the order they're received... so probably a high volume of applicants is the reason why.

sent my 2nd on 8/22, still no confirmation... start to get worried...

Just received application complete email as well.

averagejoe sent it 8/22 and got confirmation on 9/5.
On contrary, I sent mine earlier ( 8/19) and got confirmation way later.
That's why I find it so weird.

That is weird... are you oos?

I just got an interview invitation about half an hour ago!! I'm OOS. PM me if you want any details. Good luck you guys! :)

Just got an interview invite as well! Posted my stats in the Official Interview thread. I could barely contain myself, I called my mom right when I saw the email haha :rolleyes:

Hi sorry to ask again! I was just wondering if anyone that is interviewing on October 21st is wanting to split on hotels and taxi to the airport (SFO) Message me thanks. =).

Congrats! For those of you that got your invite, when did you receive your supplemental application received email? I submitted mine awhile back but only received that email 3 days ago. Thanks!

Congrats! For those of you that got your invite, when did you receive your supplemental application received email? I submitted mine awhile back but only received that email 3 days ago. Thanks!

Thank youu! I got my "supplemental application received" email on Aug. 20th. Best of luck! :)

Congrats to all the interviews! I look forward to seeing you all there :)

Question though. I know they wrote a whole paragraph in their email about restrictions on rescheduling (can only do so for an exam or a medical emergency). However, I already scheduled an interview with UoP in November, and I'd like to schedule UCSF close to that, that way I won't have to pay 2x for flights and hotels to go to the same city within the same 3 week time span.

Do you think they will let me reschedule with this situation?

Reactions: 1 user
Just received the "Supplemental application received" email. 3rd batch. Submitted supp. app. on August 22nd.

Just got denied from here...I have officially lost hope with 0 interviews and my number 1 choice rejection

Just got denied from here...I have officially lost hope with 0 interviews and my number 1 choice rejection

Hey don't give up! I know people with your stats close to yours who got post december interviews last cycle. It's only september. It's way too early to lose hope so chin up!

well first rejection

24TS, 23AA, 3.74 GPA, NIH research fellow

Same, got rejected from UCSF. Insanely competitive I believe lol. From CA as well. I think the rejection emails were sent about 5-6 hours ago as a whole batch.

Last edited:
well... I'll be expecting a rejection letter soon then...

Same, got rejected from UCSF. Insanely competitive I believe lol. From CA as well. I think the rejection emails were sent about 5-6 hours ago as a whole batch.

The averages of this school are 20 DAT and 3.5 GPA which seems to be mediocre. But just like UNC, the school has its own evaluative process. I believe you would have stronger chances at Harvard, Columbia, and UCLA than this one. :) gluck! :luck:

Hey if you received a rejection when did you get the app complete email? Supplemental and all.

The averages of this school are 20 DAT and 3.5 GPA which seems to be mediocre. But just like UNC, the school has its own evaluative process. I believe you would have stronger chances at Harvard, Columbia, and UCLA than this one. :) gluck! :luck:

Thanks, good luck to you too! Unfortunately, I only applied to 8 schools, and Harvard and Columbia aren't on that list, but UCLA is.

Hey if you received a rejection when did you get the app complete email? Supplemental and all.

I was 2nd batch and got the supplemental email on Aug. 8th and sent it out on Aug. 11th. I got the supplemental app completion email on Aug. 22th.

Jee.... ReaverOps.. even with your stats?...
waiting my rejection as well

Just got my first rejection as well. I'm from Florida with competitive stats (or at least I think they are).

Just got my first rejection as well. I'm from Florida with competitive stats (or at least I think they are).

I just saw your post on the official acceptance/rejection thread. Your GPA is above 4.0 and they rejected you...

I feel like I wasted my money applying here.

I was 2nd batch and got the supplemental on august 8th. I submitted it on the 12th or 13th of August and I just now got the received supplemental email. Did anyone else take that long to get processed?

i submitted my secondary on august 22nd and received a confirmation email on 9/17. no interview or rejection yet.