***The Official UMichigan Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Found this on their facebook page, posted on Aug 14th...good luck everyone!

"The first 60 DDS interview invites have gone out. 1414 DDS applications have been received by AADSAS as of today."

im going to guess* that a majority of those are OOS applicants and by guess i mean hope....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you receive application complete email?

i was first batch. average DAT and above average GPA

Just got an invite so excited!!!! I'm Texas resident with 1st batch.

Congrats to everyone who received an interview. For those of you with recent invites, what are the dates that they are offering at this point?

are all the interview dates for Michigan only on Fridays?

Just got an interview today! AA 22 TS 23 PAT 21 GPA 3.5 First batch.
But they scheduled it for a day I already have an interview. Does anyone think they would be able to reschedule me?

Stats
-OOS (Canada)
-sGPA 3.4, cGPA 3.5
-DAT: AA/TS 20/21
-interview is on October 11

was anybody not 1st batch that got an interview today?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can reschedule! All of the interviews are on Fridays only since one of the admission person e-mailed me back.

Hey guys! I already booked a hotel room and got a rental car. I will be landing in Detroit and was wondering if anyone wanted to split up the fees for hotel and rental car from/to the airport with me for the 10/11 interview date. Message me if your interested and well discuss it.

Thanks!

Second interview, top choice :biglove:

Notification date: 9/11
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Michigan
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 6/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.77, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/18/none

plz post your stats? what was ur gpa? what was ur DAT score? Thanks :thumbup:

Notification date: 9/11
Method of notification: email
Residency: WI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/28
Application complete date: 7/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.49, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/18/na

Hey guys, so UM is by far my top school and I am getting a little anxious waiting though I haven't been waiting long at all compared to some. I submitted the AADSAS app pretty late compared to most I think (8/11) and the supplemental as soon as I got emailed (8/20). I was wondering if this late send date will hurt my chances significantly or not. I heard back from University of Detroit Mercy a few days ago for an interview and I sent my supplemental to them after UM. I also attend undegrad at UM, does this help or hurt? My stats are below:

GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/24/none

any 2nd or later batches in state received invitations yet?

Hey guys, so UM is by far my top school and I am getting a little anxious waiting though I haven't been waiting long at all compared to some. I submitted the AADSAS app pretty late compared to most I think (8/11) and the supplemental as soon as I got emailed (8/20). I was wondering if this late send date will hurt my chances significantly or not. I heard back from University of Detroit Mercy a few days ago for an interview and I sent my supplemental to them after UM. I also attend undegrad at UM, does this help or hurt? My stats are below:

GPA (science, overall): 3.25, 3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/19/24/none
UM showed up on my AADSAS portal as Received/Under Review only on 9/6, so I'm assuming they just starting looking at their in state applicants, therefore I don't think you are late by any means. And to address your second question, big portion of in state students come directly from UM undegrad, but according to Pattie Katcher it is not because those students are favored, there is just more of them applying, so it doesn't hurt or help you.

UM shows up on everyone's AADSAS? Mine doesn't :/

So i got my invitation on 9/11 and did the online scheduling on 9/12... But my interview date is on 11/08. Is it suppose to be that far?

Wow so pre-dec Interviews are almost gone?!

Some of us enjoyed the MMI, others found it stressful and difficult to be put on the spot like that. My interviewers seemed very understanding of the situation. We all singed a non-disclosure agreement after the MMI, so it is likely that you won't get any specific insight.

Was everyone invited from out of state? When is the next set of invites going out?

Some of us enjoyed the MMI, others found it stressful and difficult to be put on the spot like that. My interviewers seemed very understanding of the situation. We all singed a non-disclosure agreement after the MMI, so it is likely that you won't get any specific insight.

Thanks for your input! I definitely wasn't asking for specifics - I respect their desire for confidentiality. I just wanted to hear general impressions of the format, ie, how stressful/difficult you all found it compared to the traditional interview.

So exited!!! It's on 11/15/2013 8:30am. I am looking forward to seeing you guys soon.
Korean (Permanent resident)
Registered Korean pharmacist (I don't have an American degree but I do have American prerequisites)
Interview: University of Colorado, University of Michigan and University of Maryland

I'm OOS and I got an invite for November 15 as well. I'm excited, I've heard great things about Michigan's dental school

Thanks for your input! I definitely wasn't asking for specifics - I respect their desire for confidentiality. I just wanted to hear general impressions of the format, ie, how stressful/difficult you all found it compared to the traditional interview.

I really enjoyed the format! I thought it kept things moving and interesting. I do think I fared well because of previous interview experiences and just a lot of God's grace :) You have to be ready to be flexible. The questions are not your typical tell me about yourself. You will be asked questions about events and scenarios, which I think if you did well on the reading comprehension portion of the DAT, then you should be able to have a good handle on the MMI method. Just be ready have fun and meet lots of different people.

I interviewed last week... it was a larger group of students. For me, it was the most stressful interview I've had (mainly because it was such a different format, i had to make up my answers spur of the moment etc..)
other than the MMI, the day was great!

hey guys! I'm an OOS student and applied to michigan pretty late (submitted it on september 3rd). Here are my stats: oGPA: 3.55, sGPA: 3.41, AA/TS/PAT: 20/20/18
Do I actually have a chance since I applied so late?

I interviewed last week... it was a larger group of students. For me, it was the most stressful interview I've had (mainly because it was such a different format, i had to make up my answers spur of the moment etc..)
other than the MMI, the day was great!

Ive heard differing things. Do you get put into group discussions? Wouldn't be a fan of trying to compete with someone else to try and dominate a discussion.

Hey guys! I have an interview there on 11/8 and staying at a hotel a bit off campus. Anyone know a good cab service or shuttle that takes you on-campus? I'm OOS and have never been to UMich before and by the time i booked my hotel, all the ones on campus were full :/

Also, any advice on how to prepare for the MMIs (w/o obviously giving specific questions)? I cant seem to find that many dental ethical scenarios online.

Also, any advice on how to prepare for the MMIs (w/o obviously giving specific questions)? I cant seem to find that many dental ethical scenarios online.

The best advice I can give you is the advice that is on their website: don't prepare. They aren't that big of a deal and for most of them, there is no right answer. That's the point. They don't want to see that you've put the time into it and done the research, they want to see that you are a real person, that you can take some criticism or feedback and that you can formulate good ideas on the spot. Just relax and you will do fine.:)

Also, they aren't group discussions. They are one on one with someone (faculty member, student, random guy... haha.) for 8 minutes each then you rotate. You do this 10 times.

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I had my application in super early and have not received an interview invite yet.

My application was complete and mailed on July 5th, and I'm a Michigan resident,
sGPA: 3.94 oGPA: 3.96
AA: 21 TS: 21 PA: 18

Other interviews: Case Western, UPenn, UDM, Marquette

Is anyone else in the same boat as me? I had my application in super early and have not received an interview invite yet.

My application was complete and mailed on July 5th, and I'm a Michigan resident,
sGPA: 3.94 oGPA: 3.96
AA: 21 TS: 21 PA: 18

Other interviews: Case Western, UPenn, UDM, Marquette
Michigan resident too. 3rd batch. I guess they send out majority of in-state invitations after OOS? It's a quiet place for MI residents thus far.

im 3rd batch, 22 TS/22AA and 3.6 GPA OOS. no invite.

Almost in nearly the same boat as you. I imagine they're going to get back to us soon, Oct. 15 is fast approaching :) #staypositive