***The Official UMichigan Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

is UofM done sending out interview invites or nah?

Members don't see this ad.

Just called for a different thing and asked your question for you. Jim said orientation starts June 23. That is when we absolutely need to be there.

That's like no time at all.

Dang, I'll have to change some plans around then. Thanks man.

Does anyone know if any more acceptances have gone out since the first wave on Dec. 2?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my interview today. For those of you curious, there were 30 of us today and probably 30 next friday. They still have 20 spots open, which is in accordance with their interview 300/accept 100 ratio. (Interviewing 60 for 20 spots).

I was impressed, and if HPSP doesn't work out, i would have to debate over picking the instate michigan tuition over more costly options if admitted. Great school.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Just had my interview today. For those of you curious, there were 30 of us today and probably 30 next friday. They still have 20 spots open, which is in accordance with their interview 300/accept 100 ratio. (Interviewing 60 for 20 spots).

I was impressed, and if HPSP doesn't work out, i would have to debate over picking the instate michigan tuition over more costly options if admitted. Great school.

Best of Luck! U of Michigan Dental is Amazing!

Thank you for the update. Did you get the feeling that former interviewee's are not being considered for those 20 spots?

Thank you for the update. Did you get the feeling that former interviewee's are not being considered for those 20 spots?

No, i think former interviewees will still be considered, but they would of course face more competition with the 60 interviewees between this week and next. In my opinion, our interview group had some pretty high quality applicants, which was surprising considering how late of an interview we're at.

Im also in the same situation, waiting on a few schools from pre-december. If there's anything I've learned from this cycle, it's don't have expectations for school decisions. Much less frustrating.

Did you stress the MMI?

Are you asking if it was stressful? Not at all.

Probably one of the more fun formats. I never felt like i could run out of things to talk to given only 8 minutes per person.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you asking if it was stressful? Not at all.

Probably one of the more fun formats. I never felt like i could run out of things to talk to given only 8 minutes per person.

Thank you so much for the information that you provided. I have an interview here next Friday, and it is their last day for interviews.. very excited/nervous and I look forward to it!! it's my number one choice here :)

Just saw that some people were rejected from umich via email on the main thread. I believe it was those who haven't interviewed however.

I got a rejection email with no interview today. I'm OOS, but thought I had a decent shot.

Has anyone who's interviewed there, either pre or post December been rejected yet? At the interview they made it sound like you either get accepted or wait-listed, but I doubt they will wait list that many people...?

Has anyone who's interviewed there, either pre or post December been rejected yet? At the interview they made it sound like you either get accepted or wait-listed, but I doubt they will wait list that many people...?
Haven't heard of any.

I have a friend who interviewed there pre december and got a rejection email sometime earlier this month.

Does anyone know when there will be acceptance calls for January interviewees? At my interview 1/17 we were told they'd start calling at the end of January, but it seems no one on SDN got anything?

Does anyone know when there will be acceptance calls for January interviewees? At my interview 1/17 we were told they'd start calling at the end of January, but it seems no one on SDN got anything?

We interviewed on the same day!

I called them yesterday and they said they plan on having a committee meeting next week.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone think we will have an answer this week?
I called a couple weeks ago and they said that we would know by the 2nd week of February. Maybe they will have some decisions earlier, though.

OMG JUST GOT THE CALL. With scholarship offer too wohoooooo !!!!!

Looks like it's all offers with scholarships. And staying pretty late to make these calls too.

I interviewed on January 24th.. And I'm also an in-state.. Average DAT, and a little above average GPA.

I interviewed on January 24th.. And I'm also an in-state.. Average DAT, and a little above average GPA.

You must've killed your interview!

You must've killed your interview!
I loved the interview. It was actually my second MMI this cycle, so I was really comfortable with the atmosphere, even though the type of questions that were asked were totally different..

I loved the interview. It was actually my second MMI this cycle, so I was really comfortable with the atmosphere, even though the type of questions that were asked were totally different..

I see.

If anyone has any information on when they're calling again, feel free to shed some light. Getting a bit restless here!

I see.

If anyone has any information on when they're calling again, feel free to shed some light. Getting a bit restless here!

I agree...my anxiety levels are rising quickly haha. I think we interviewed the same day, it feels like forever ago!

Also rejected, I'm a bit dumbfounded. Well, there's some closure I suppose.

Also rejected :( I'm pretty torn up about it, but I suppose it is better than to be kept in limbo on a waitlist and rejected later on in the cycle.

I interviewed the same day as you and also got in. I am the guy who looks like Ed Helm from the office, PM me and we can exchange contact info!

You're in elsewhere though, right?

You're in elsewhere though, right?

I'm in at Temple, but it was never my top choice. Still waiting on some of these other schools since pre-dec interviews, but wow if umich, my soon to be alma mater and what i thought was my best interview performance didn't like me, I have a feeling the rejections are just starting here. Wish they could have interviewed me earlier so I could at least ask what went wrong. @Bereno, I can't believe you had to go through this a couple years ago with UW, it's been a real struggle.

Just goes to show that stats aren't everything and how important first impressions are eh?

Finally heard back from Michigan today, declined their offer and withdrew my app. G/L all. (Interviewed 9/20)

Sorry to hear this. You'll crush it at Temple, nonetheless!
Finally heard back from Michigan today, declined their offer and withdrew my app. G/L all. (Interviewed 9/20)
Ha, what a delayed reaction! I was there that day, too, I think we chatted about U. Penn. while in line waiting for our judgement at the MMI. Congrats on all the love this cycle, and good luck wherever you choose!

I'm in at Temple, but it was never my top choice. Still waiting on some of these other schools since pre-dec interviews, but wow if umich, my soon to be alma mater and what i thought was my best interview performance didn't like me, I have a feeling the rejections are just starting here. Wish they could have interviewed me earlier so I could at least ask what went wrong. @Bereno, I can't believe you had to go through this a couple years ago with UW, it's been a real struggle.

Just goes to show that stats aren't everything and how important first impressions are eh?

Yeah, I feel for you... As you know, very similar situation to mine a few years ago - what I though was my best interview at my alma mater is the only school I interviewed at that did not accept me. The reason I bring this up is that it is quite possible that you have some more acceptances coming in. Also, I was quite literally the very first person they interviewed, but I don't think that will affect your ability to ask how you could have improved. You can ask this at anytime. Keep your chin up, it just goes to show that a lot of this system is luck and chance.

as others have said, this whole process feels random from our perspective. i got waitlisted at a school i felt i knocked my interview out of the park, and got in to others where i kinda felt i phoned it in. at any rate, you do have an offer in your back pocket and nobody can say you had an unsuccessful cycle.