***The Official UNE Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hmmm... anyone else waiting to hear back from them? I'm second batch if that matters.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
is there a way i can withdraw my application from consideration from this school? i just saw that they do mmi, so i don't even want to waste my time with that bs. do i just email them to remove my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
is there a way i can withdraw my application from consideration from this school? i just saw that they do mmi, so i don't even want to waste my time with that bs. do i just email them to remove my application?

Yeah, I think that will work

i think i'm just going to wait it out and if they give me an interview, i'm just gonna change the date to piss them off haha

I submitted my supplemental July 4th, received the application complete July 5th, and school processed the fee on July 15. No interview invite yet :unsure:

i think i'm just going to wait it out and if they give me an interview, i'm just gonna change the date to piss them off haha

That's pretty unprofessional, but whatever floats your boat I guess. I'm not sure how much impact it'd have on other potential interviewees, though.

Hmmm... anyone else waiting to hear back from them? I'm second batch if that matters.
I submitted my supplemental July 4th, received the application complete July 5th, and school processed the fee on July 15. No interview invite yet :unsure:

I was second batch last year. I got my interview on 9/3 and scheduled for 10/5. I can still remember how stressed I was around this time.. Hang in there guys, just do anything you can to distract yourselves from the stress.

Reactions: 2 users
UNE is a great school! Congrats on anyone who got an interview and hopefully rest of us waiting will hear a good news soon.

Reactions: 1 users
That's pretty unprofessional, but whatever floats your boat I guess. I'm not sure how much impact it'd have on other potential interviewees, though.

it pretty unprofessional on their end too that they cancel applicants interview if the applicant can't make it on a reschedule interview date that the school picked.

What's wrong with MMI? A potential interview is great regardless of the format.

i just feel like you can't really show your personality and be yourself with a MMI format. you are on a time limit and the topics are pre-determine by the interviewers. i prefer the traditional method where you let the conservation dictate the topics and flow of the interview. it more personal that way than having 8 short interviews with 8 different people where they probably won't even remember who you are after you leave their station.

Last edited:
i just feel like you can't really show your personality and be yourself with a MMI format. you are on a time limit and the topics are pre-determine by the interviewers. i prefer the traditional method where you let the conservation dictate the topics and flow of the interview. it more personal that way than having 8 short interviews with 8 different people where they probably won't even remember who you are after you leave their station.

Many dental schools use MMI. In the clinic you will only have a few minutes to make your patient feel comfortable and convince them that you are trust worthy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many dental schools use MMI. In the clinic you will only have a few minutes to make your patient feel comfortable and convince them that you are trust worthy.

Give me 10 schools that does this since you say many does.

In clinic you also have to use your hands to work on patients. Let have that as part of the interview where everybody hands skills get tested too. If a patient walk into a clinic, they already have trust in the person treating them, if you lose it then it a different story.

I rather have a dentist that is nice and compassionate than one that can answer a few open ended questions. There no way you can show your personality with mmi when they predetermine the topics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Give me 10 schools that does this since you say many does.

In clinic you also have to use your hands to work on patients. Let have that as part of the interview where everybody hands skills get tested too. If a patient walk into a clinic, they already have trust in the person treating them, if you lose it then it a different story.

I rather have a dentist that is nice and compassionate than one that can answer a few open ended questions. There no way you can show your personality with mmi when they predetermine the topics.

The idea that a patient automatically trusts the provider when they come to you isn't true. I am a dental assistant at a rotation site for two different dental schools. There are times when the D4 student is unable to convince the patient that they are competent, and I have to grab faculty to do the work. How do you think the faculty (who could be the one interviewing you) feels when they have to do your work? In the first five minutes you meet the patient you need to appear confident, intelligent, and trust worthy or else the patient won't work with you.

All I'm saying is there can be advantages to MMI's over traditional interviews.

Reactions: 3 users
Hahaha I paid UNE on like July 28th and they just took the money out of my account today... >.> <.<

After a third interview invite reschedule, and sweating many bullets, i have a definite interview: 10/06.

I was second batch last year. I got my interview on 9/3 and scheduled for 10/5. I can still remember how stressed I was around this time.. Hang in there guys, just do anything you can to distract yourselves from the stress.
That's comforting news. I'm working as a dental assistant and running my own tutoring gig while I wait for more interview invites.... I need to srsly turn off email and SDN notifications LOL

I completed my secondary a week ago, but on the portal it says "Received/Waiting Additional Information." Should I call and ask them about it?

Submitted application last week of July, received two emails the week after saying application received/complete. No secondary invite. I'll just continue twiddling my thumbs...:whistle:

I completed my secondary a week ago, but on the portal it says "Received/Waiting Additional Information." Should I call and ask them about it?
Você é brasileiro?

And no, I wouldn't recommend calling quite yet.

Submitted application last week of July, received two emails the week after saying application received/complete. No secondary invite. I'll just continue twiddling my thumbs...:whistle:

even if you call the lady on the phone will just tell you secondary are by invitation only.

even if you call the lady on the phone will just tell you secondary are by invitation only.

I wasn't planning on calling on them. I just wanted to share with other people who haven't gotten a secondary invite that I'm on the same boat as them.

So my application to UNE was submitted/complete on July 12th and I haven't heard anything since that email...Should I contact them soon or just keep being patient?
I'm OOS (West Coast) if that makes a difference
Thanks!

So the interview says to expect to be on campus until 4:30pm. Do you guys think I'll make a flight out at 5:47pm? Typically I like showing up in 1 hour prior to departure. This is cutting it close.

So my application to UNE was submitted/complete on July 12th and I haven't heard anything since that email...Should I contact them soon or just keep being patient?
Thanks!
Patience. They have your app. If they want to interview you you'll know.

So the interview says to expect to be on campus until 4:30pm. Do you guys think I'll make a flight out at 5:47pm? Typically I like showing up in 1 hour prior to departure. This is cutting it close.

My interview ended right on time, but the tour is the last part of the day.
I personally wouldn't want to skip it but depending on what airport you're using, you may be cutting it very short.

I personally wouldn't want to skip it but depending on what airport you're using, you may be cutting it very short.
If i attend the tour what time will I get off campus?

Golly, submitted my supp over a month ago. The wait is unbearable.

Reactions: 2 users
This is super random, but every time I receive an e-mail from UNE, the format is all messed up. All I see is a giant code that extends the length of the page. I have to scroll down incredibly far and click on "View entire message" which takes me to the actual message. It's pretty annoying and this is the only school I have a problem with viewing their e-mails. I use G-mail. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? ...

Reactions: 3 users
This is super random, but every time I receive an e-mail from UNE, the format is all messed up. All I see is a giant code that extends the length of the page. I have to scroll down incredibly far and click on "View entire message" which takes me to the actual message. It's pretty annoying and this is the only school I have a problem with viewing their e-mails. I use G-mail. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? ...

I have the same problem, definitely annoying

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Same thing here.

Use outlook on your computer and it will reformat the emails correctly

How was the interview any tips?

I got rejected too but the letter is for fall 2016. I applied to une last year. Confused :((

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

oh my god its for fall of 2016 thank you littleangel I was having one of the worst days because of that email !!

I already applied to a couple schools in early July but I'm interested in UNE. Do u guys think it's too late to apply if I applied now?

Supplemental submitted. Hoping for the best!

Does anyone know what "Received/Application Complete" means on AADSAS for UNE?

has anyone received an interview from UNE in the past two weeks?

Invite for 9/8!!! Absolutely ecstatic as I really wasn't sure if one bad orgo DAT score would automatically put me out of the running...
Stats:
Application Verified ~ 8/23
Invite Received ~ 9/1
3.65 oGPA, 3.45 b/sGPA
DAT AA 19, PAT 20, RC 23, QR 18

Thanks!

i'm in the same position as yourself and i submitted the application way earlier
i haven't received a supplemental application
i believe their office is really friendly and cooperative, but i'm waiting it out and trying not to contact them

i'm not suggesting the same course of action, but letting you know you're not alone

I know this is kind of last minute, but is there anyone else interview on 09/08 that would be willing to share a room?

Does anyone know if we can leave our luggage at the office while we are at the interview day?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile