*** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Got accepted off the wait list today!! Very happy!!
Any information you can spare about yourself? ( when you interview etc) thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed November 1st... Instate... DAT AA: 22 TS: 22 none below 17...gpa 3.4... Did a masters program as well

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
just called admission and she said there are around 100 waitlisters.... :(
it seems like moving slower than last year.
there were only about 20 ppl didn't get accepted from waitlist last yr.

I just dropped my spot at UDM. Good luck

Reactions: 2 users
I am guessing they are not doing any more interviews?

just called admission and she said there are around 100 waitlisters.... :(
it seems like moving slower than last year.
there were only about 20 ppl didn't get accepted from waitlist last yr.
Dang, that's a lot of waitlisters…hopefully most of them accept seats elsewhere!

Hello guys! Again, welcome to the Class of 2019 members and good luck to those who are still waiting to get the call from Dr. Jeffers (It's too early to give up)

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about UDMSD

I am pleased to inform you all that Dr. Jeffers called me this morning at approximately 8:40 a.m. and offered me a seat in the class! I am so excited right now words cannot explain!! Thanks everyone for all of your positive encouragement and help throughout this process.

I am a MI resident,
Undergrad GPA: 3.79 sGPA: 3.68 Exercise Science Major, Bio. Minor
DAT: AA: 20 PAT: 19 TS: 19 (QR: 17 thought this was going to kill me!)

Thanks again I can't wait to meet my classmates :)
Anyone who may be waiting, this is my first and only acceptance, do not lose hope the call is coming! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
I am pleased to inform you all that Dr. Jeffers called me this morning at approximately 8:40 a.m. and offered me a seat in the class! I am so excited right now words cannot explain!! Thanks everyone for all of your positive encouragement and help throughout this process.

I am a MI resident,

Anyone who may be waiting, this is my first and only acceptance, do not lose hope the call is coming! Good luck!
Do you also get an acceptance email after Dr. jeffers' call??

I am a MI resident,

congrats man...don't forget to join the FB group. See ya in August!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys! Again, welcome to the Class of 2019 members and good luck to those who are still waiting to get the call from Dr. Jeffers (It's too early to give up)

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about UDMSD

What were some of the stats of students who received the merit scholarship last year?

Still waiting for a call.
List is moving too slowly!

you have a lot of invites. how many schools have you been accepted to?

sadly 0 so far, waitslited at 3, 1 rejected after interview. 1more interview next week!

sadly 0 so far, waitslited at 3, 1 rejected after interview. 1more interview next week!
One of those is bound to stick. Practice for the interview beforehand and try to get plenty of rest the night before. Good luck next week!

does anyone know what laptop is required for UDM? I need a new one but want to know which i should invest in

does anyone know what laptop is required for UDM? I need a new one but want to know which i should invest in

You get a Laptop from the school. I think its included in your tuition.

Do NOT buy a laptop, they will give you Lenovo X230 Tablet. It has some good features, but overall everybody is complaining about it. It is part of your tuition so do not worry about saving money for it

Got a call from Dr. Jeffers this morning. Paying that deposit ASAP. It's a great day.

Reactions: 1 users
udm is still sending out interviews surprisingly...

not me, but 2 of classmates got a call on Thursday offering them interviews, both are in state btw

One of those is bound to stick. Practice for the interview beforehand and try to get plenty of rest the night before. Good luck next week!

thanks for your kind words man!
I want this waiting game to end. jeez..

wow, they have over 100 on waitlist and they are still sending out more invites.
Looks like they are trying to emulate NOVA!

Anything? Why are they still interviewing with a large waitlist? Do they expect a ton of movement in the coming months, or are they not satisfied with any of the current waitlisters

For those Canadians that are in Toronto, I know a great guy at Scotiabank that helped me out a great deal with getting 250 k and prime rate (2.85%) with a co-signer. I went to CIBC, TD, and RBC and I believe that Scotiabank was the best out of all of them, in terms of amount of loan, interest rate during and after your done school. pm me if you want his information.

Good news: I just had my interview last week and they told me they still had spots open. They just say that they're interviewing for the waitlist.

Last edited:
For those Canadians that are in Toronto, I know a great guy at Scotiabank that helped me out a great deal with getting 250 k and prime rate (2.85%) with a co-signer. I went to CIBC, TD, and RBC and I believe that Scotiabank was the best out of all of them, in terms of amount of loan, interest rate during and after your done school. pm me if you want his information.
I know for fact that Scotia and CIBC have the highest loan cap which is 275 k. It would be great if you could message me his contact please.

Good news: I just had my interview last week and they told me they still had spots open. They just say that they're interviewing for the waitlist.

I thought I read someone heard different thigns from admissions office, that the seats are filled already and people are being admitted as seats become available.
I also got this response from Dr. Jeffers. He said this year was more competitive and he didn't see as much movement in the waitlist as last year.

but come on UDM, call me! I waited long enough!!

really? when did he reply to you?
any news guys????? anxiously waiting...

I thought I read someone heard different thigns from admissions office, that the seats are filled already and people are being admitted as seats become available.
I also got this response from Dr. Jeffers. He said this year was more competitive and he didn't see as much movement in the waitlist as last year.

but come on UDM, call me! I waited long enough!!

really? when did he reply to you?
any news guys????? anxiously waiting...

that was way back in January, so if the class was filled that early on, that must mean something.
Even if a lot drops their seat because schools found out they were holding multiple seats, it wouldn't amount to anything close the number of people on the waitlist.

Only thing we can do is stay positive.
I think we all heard the story of one student getting a call on the day of orientation.

Guys, don't freak out! The class gets filled every year in December, and they pull waitlisters once there is an available spot

The waitlist usually moves and MOST of the waitlisters get the call! In my class, there are two people got accepted after we started the orientation, and another guy got accepted a week after classes started. IT IS TOO EARLY TO GIVE UP ON UDMSD (I applied twice and this is what I experienced)

The wait-game is not over yet, nothing is guaranteed but there is always some hope!

Good luck everyone

Reactions: 1 users