*** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Hey @student4144 did you happen to hear anything yet from UDM. I also have the same status on AADSAS that you had posted earlier.

No! I'm bummed but I guess I must have applied too late or they didn't feel I would be a good fit for their school. Who knows!

Reactions: 1 user
No! I'm bummed but I guess I must have applied too late or they didn't feel I would be a good fit for their school. Who knows!

Don't thing negative man! Stay positive and you'll hear good stuff. Hang in there....there's going to more interviews in December and post-December.

Members don't see this ad :)
guys, 12 more days!!
Even though UDM was not on my top list, heck, I didn't even want to consider going there, but I really liked the school when I toured there that it made me change my mind.
If I didn't get into my VCU, I'd probably hoping to get in here.

And since this is the only school for which I had pre-dec interview, all the more reason to hope to get accepted on dec/1st!

Come on dec 1st....!!

guys, 12 more days!!
Even though UDM was not on my top list, heck, I didn't even want to consider going there, but I really liked the school when I toured there that it made me change my mind.
If I didn't get into my VCU, I'd probably hoping to get in here.

And since this is the only school for which I had pre-dec interview, all the more reason to hope to get accepted on dec/1st!

Come on dec 1st....!!
christmas will come early for you (;

I'm not from Detroit. Is there anyone here who can comment on the neighborhood that the school is in? I believe it is in Corktown, which is part of the middletown area of the city? I know that most UDM students live in the surrounding suburbs, but how dangerous is going from your car to the dental school and to eat, get coffee, etc., in the surrounding neighboorhood?
I live about 10 minutes from the school. The school is gated and it is only one building so you should not have any trouble there. However going out to eat or get coffee around the school is not the best idea... Suburbs are pretty safe and other than school hours you probably won't spend much time in Detroit to be honest.

I live about 10 minutes from the school. The school is gated and it is only one building so you should not have any trouble there. However going out to eat or get coffee around the school is not the best idea... Suburbs are pretty safe and other than school hours you probably won't spend much time in Detroit to be honest.
@dent313 , thank you for your response. I've been reading that some of the more popular suburbs are Grosse Pointe and Royal Oak? What do you think?

yea those are both great but kind of pricy.. If money isn't an issue I would definitely choose either one, if you are tight on cash, then there is Dearborn, Highland Park, Lincoln Park and Melvindale all within 10-15 minutes from the school

Hamtramck is a quaint little explosion of culture about 10 min from UDM

yeah that sounds like a bummer that you need to drive out 10 + minutes to just to eat something different or when you didn't bring your lunch.

By the way, does anyone know if the dental school building itself has a cafeteria? mcdonalds? wendy's ? ETC ?
Didn't see any of t hat sort during the tour.

The wayne state campus is about an 8 min drive away. they have a bunch of cafe options there.

yeah that sounds like a bummer that you need to drive out 10 + minutes to just to eat something different or when you didn't bring your lunch.

By the way, does anyone know if the dental school building itself has a cafeteria? mcdonalds? wendy's ? ETC ?
Didn't see any of t hat sort during the tour.
There is a cafeteria upstairs... The food is pretty good

UDM is a stone's throw (or a car's drive more like) from Midtown and Wayne State's campus...if you go back twds Grand Blvd towards Wayne State, you'll be fine!

Members don't see this ad :)
No matter what reason, dont go to red roof inn at lincoln park.

At first it seemed okay, but the room was filthy. Filthy as in comforter having yellowish stain on the inside, sheets having water stain, mattress that looks like it had been rescued from a trash chute, dirty carpet, unpleasant smell, not enough lighting.

Price was 62 dollars for 2 queen bed! But i didnt think it was worth the money because i couldnt sleep with my head down. I was glad i brought my own towel and blanket. I slept on top of my blanket.

Just a rant here. LoL.
Thank you so much, I will definitely keep that in mind.
Am I the only female interviewing that day ? haha

Thank you so much, I will definitely keep that in mind.
Am I the only female interviewing that day ? haha

Try hotwire. You can get really nice 4.5* or 4* hotel with prices not far off ... (I got motor city for 110 ... Marriott was 84)

Does anyone that has ALREADY interviewed there see on AADSAS next to their status telling them to call the school to schedule an interview?

Does anyone that has ALREADY interviewed there see on AADSAS next to their status telling them to call the school to schedule an interview?

Yeah. I do. Don't worry about it. I think it says the same for everybody.

Yes. It's the same for Everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Everyone hope you had a great experience at UDM SoD .
I am a class of 2018 president and have already made the Facebook page for the class of 2019 under "UDM School of Dentistry Class of 2019".

You will hear back probably in Dec 2nd and 3rd , please feel free to ask any questions from Officers once you get accepted and joined your FB Page.
Best of Luck everyone

I am a class of 2018 president and have already made the Facebook page for the class of 2019 under "UDM School of Dentistry Class of 2019".

You will hear back probably in Dec 2nd and 3rd , please feel free to ask any questions from Officers once you get accepted and joined your FB Page.
Best of Luck everyone

Won't we hear on Monday Dec 1?

Won't we hear on Monday Dec 1?
i think some schools release all decisions by at least dec. 3

sometimes schools mess up or whatever or they don't have everything ready on dec 1.

kinda annoying eh? just a couple more days no worries

Reactions: 1 users

Best of Luck everyone

Do you know if our AADSAS portals will be updated on Dec 1?

i think some schools release all decisions by at least dec. 3

sometimes schools mess up or whatever or they don't have everything ready on dec 1.

kinda annoying eh? just a couple more days no worries

I was told on my interview day that the calls will be started on dec 1. Hopefully we receive the calls tomorrow morning.

I was told on my interview day that the calls will be started on dec 1. Hopefully we receive the calls tomorrow morning.
I was told the same! That they will try to call most of the students on monday!

Assuming I am very fortunate enough to receive a phone call tomorrow from any school, what is the expected phone etiquette from us when they call? How exactly is the conversation going to go? What if I don't pick up the phone, should I call back?

Assuming I am very fortunate enough to receive a phone call tomorrow from any school, what is the expected phone etiquette from us when they call us? How exactly is the conversation going to go? What if I don't pick up the phone, should I call back?
As long as you aren't drunk or using profound language, I think everything else is acceptable. Aka scream as loud as you can and say bleep bleep bleep instead of OH ****TTTT

Assuming I am very fortunate enough to receive a phone call tomorrow from any school, what is the expected phone etiquette from us when they call? How exactly is the conversation going to go? What if I don't pick up the phone, should I call back?
"thank you i have to go and scream now have a wonderful day."

Good luck everyone!! Can't wait to see you guys here next year

UDM usually does not update your AADSAS status or send an official email before you get the call from Dr. Jeffers
And do not freak out if you will not get the call in the morning, it usually takes the whole day to call the entire list because Dr. Jeffers is the only one who makes the calls (calling 144 students is not an easy task)

Reactions: 2 users
good luck guys, see you all next year :) we are so busy with finals... enjoy your time off!

good luck guys, see you all next year :) we are so busy with finals... enjoy your time off!
Good luck guys and make sure you scream loud as you can when you get the call. Hey, don't study too hard that you miss a early morning class.;)

Good luck everyone!! Can't wait to see you guys here next year

UDM usually does not update your AADSAS status or send an official email before you get the call from Dr. Jeffers
And do not freak out if you will not get the call in the morning, it usually takes the whole day to call the entire list because Dr. Jeffers is the only one who makes the calls (calling 144 students is not an easy task)
7.2 hours of calling if you do 3 minutes per student...

Good luck guys and make sure you scream loud as you can when you get the call. Hey, don't study too hard that you miss a early morning class.;)
So much for my hidden identity.... #INeverMissClass

GOT THE CALLLLLLL!!!!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: Last name starts with a B from Florida! Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 4 users
E="getintodentalschool, post: 15937304, member: 624299"]Got the call[/QUOTE]
Congrats

For those of you who got the call already, has your aadsas status changed?

My aadsas says invited for interview please call :/ I've already done my interview but got no phone call :/ I guess thats a rejection