*** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

That's good know. I saw that you received a call already, congratulations :)

Has your aadsas status been updated from interview to accepted since?

Edit: sorry dentgirl, I mistook your username for someone else's

I got the call!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited: from Illinois my last name starts with C

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Illinois is cst... Does that mean Dr. Jeffers finished calling those in est already?

Reactions: 1 user
any one from the east coast get a call with the last name L-Z

dang it, let me add to the list,
east coast, last name starts with k.
no call yet.!!!!! Dr. Jeffers, call me maybe!

Members don't see this ad :)
apparently they are sending rejection emails out now I just called to ask how the process works :(

Got the call half an hour ago. Last name starts with A. They are definitely out of order. And my status on the portal hasn't changed. So hang in there people!

Reactions: 3 users
apparently they are sending rejection emails out now I just called to ask how the process works :(

omg, I really was hoping for a silent rejection rather than an actual rejection email.
That will break me....

Congrats to all that got accepted!!!!

For the rest of us waiting, here is song that defines us right now..

Pay attention to the chorus :). Hang in there. I'm sure we will hear good news soon.

Lol i almost had heart attack when checking my email after i read that.. Cause there was one new email but it was spam... Please!! Call me

I would rather to be rejected. But not on wait list.

the fact that 90% of OOS people who interviewed EVENTUALLY get an offer throughout the cycle makes me want to stay on the waitlist/alternate list, rather than a flat-out rejection..
I have to study for my exam, but I cannot..

I wholeheartedly agree with you 2THDDS. Stats from previous years indicate that we have greater than average chances of acceptance, but that acceptance might not be today..

I wholeheartedly agree with you 2THDDS. Stats from previous years indicate that we have greater than average chances of acceptance, but that acceptance might not be today..

If i remember correctly, Dr. Jeffers said they send out twice as many as offers as they have seats available, even then, a lot of people decide not to attend, so they continue to send out offers through the cycle to fill the seats. I don't know if UDM just has lower acceptance/matriculation ratio compared to other school.

Can't believe they send out close to 300 offers on December 1st and then still send more. That means more than 50~60 percent of people who are offered to go there decline them.
Well, that's not a bad news for us pre-december applicants.

What happen if you are waitlisted or rejected? How long does it take to show that on your AADSAS? I am going to stay in a basement for a class later today. The phone signal is really bad there. If I don't receive a call today by around 4, should I just call the school to check my status?

What happen if you are waitlisted or rejected? How long does it take to show that on your AADSAS? I am going to stay in a basement for a class later today. The phone signal is really bad there. If I don't receive a call today by around 4, should I just call the school to check my status?

1 person making all those calls will take quite a long time.
Hang in there.

what letter are we at?

East coast here, last name k, no call yet.

East cost here, Last name Y
passionately waiting for the most important call of my life:help:
UDM is the only school i was interviewed

anyone from Canada got the call? last name L. East coast.

East cost here, Last name Y
passionately waiting for the most important call of my life:help:
UDM is the only school i was interviewed

same here.
UDM is only school I interviewed at, and if I don't get into my state school, UDM is a school I can see my self going to!

seems like the second half of the alphabet from the east coast hasn't gotten calls yet :(

I live in IL. (Midwest?) last name starts with M.

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa right now. I'm also afraid Santa won't show lol

I just got the call!!!!!!! :writer::yawn::nailbiting::heckyeah::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing: from Tennessee last name starts with K.

last name starts with M too and from Michigan. Did you get the call?

No. I wish I did. Someone from IL already got the call.

So i'm confused if they're going by last name or timezone or both.

So the call goes alphabetically?? For sure?

So the call goes alphabetically?? For sure?
at least it sounded like it on last year's thread.
Because east coast's time is ahead of west, they call east, and when it gets too late, I think they shift gear and start calling other time zones.
But who knows!

Any rejection letter out there yet?
Just called them and the lady said they have sent out majority of the rejection letters. There's still hope!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call. My last name starts with L. Pacific time zone here. Good luck to all of you !:soexcited:

Hello everyone,
I'm Dave Maceroni, UDM class of 2018 secretary. For all of those still waiting, be patient, even if waitlisted, many if not most will eventually get an offer. For those of you already accepted, congrats! If you had not seen the previous post, please request to join your classes official fb page, searching "UDM School of Dentistry Class of 2019" If anyone has any questions regarding the school please feel free to contact back here, or if accepted, on the facebook page. I wish everyone good luck and will see many of you next year!