*** The Official UTHSC-Memphis Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Hey guys!! Just interviewed on Friday. The interview process itself was very laid back. They want to know that you have a personality, so show them!! They entire day was really fun, and several D1 and D2 students volunteered their time to talk with us, answer questions, and show us around. Also, Dr. Covington is hilarious, so you really have a lot to look forward to. :love: Can't wait til December :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys!! Just interviewed on Friday. The interview process itself was very laid back. They want to know that you have a personality, so show them!! They entire day was really fun, and several D1 and D2 students volunteered their time to talk with us, answer questions, and show us around. Also, Dr. Covington is hilarious, so you really have a lot to look forward to. :love: Can't wait til December :D

Woo! Do they really wanna see my personality?? That sounds fun ;P

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how/when Dr. Covington plans to inform those who have been accepted? Will he be making phone calls on Monday, Dec. 2nd?

Dr. Covington said he would begin makin phone calls at 8am Monday December 2nd. You will also see an update on AADSAS. I believe last year those who were accepted showed "Offer Made" under school decisions.

Has anyone's status on AADSAS changed to interview granted? I received my invitation to interview the first week of August but my status still says "Received/Under Review"

Has anyone's status on AADSAS changed to interview granted? I received my invitation to interview the first week of August but my status still says "Received/Under Review"

Mine did, but I had my interview pretty early. I wouldn't worry - it may just be a glitch within the system.

I have an interview set for the 15th of November. Is anyone here interviewing on that day? :)

I have an interview on Oct. 25th. Does anyone have the same day interview?
I'm kinda nervous about the interview. Does anyone have any suggestions to prepare for it?
Thanks
-Nick-

Mine did, but I had my interview pretty early. I wouldn't worry - it may just be a glitch within the system.

Thank you for responding!! I wonder if its because UTHSC only interviews applicants once and since I interviewed last application cycle I didn't actually go in for an interview this time around. I guess theres a chance that my status won't ever change to interview granted.

Thank you for responding!! I wonder if its because UTHSC only interviews applicants once and since I interviewed last application cycle I didn't actually go in for an interview this time around. I guess theres a chance that my status won't ever change to interview granted.

UTHSC only interviews once. Did you inform them that you already interviewed with them last application cycle?

UTHSC only interviews once. Did you inform them that you already interviewed with them last application cycle?

Yes, I called and told them that I interviewed last year. It just makes me nervous that my status hasn't updated. Has your status been updated?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I called and told them that I interviewed last year. It just makes me nervous that my status hasn't updated. Has your status been updated?

Yes it was updated to "invited for interview". I'm thinking since you were already invited and interviewed last year, they probably are waiting for December to put your final status.

Just for the record, any pre-Dec interview is not considered "late". I interviewed later in the semester and 5/10 people on my interview day still got accepted. UT likes to fill their class ASAP and they will try to fill a large % of the class on Dec. 1.

Do you know what the acceptance rate is for candidates who interview in January? And how soon they know whether they were accepted or not?

anybody else's status change from "invited for interview" to "check back Dec 2"?

Yep! Mine did. OMG I'm freaking out
Don't wanna get ahead of myself, but from threads of the past, usually if one gets that message after interviewing, it's a good sign. Again, don't wanna get ahead of myself.

My status changed as well. Did everyone's change or does that just mean that they've already made a decision about us?

Don't wanna get ahead of myself, but from threads of the past, usually if one gets that message after interviewing, it's a good sign. Again, don't wanna get ahead of myself.
OMG, im freaking out! This is my state school and ill be crushed if this a sign of a rejection. They next 8.5 das just got that much harder.

OMG, im freaking out! This is my state school and ill be crushed if this a sign of a rejection. They next 8.5 das just got that much harder.
Did your status change for any other schools that you interviewed at?

Mine changed as well. Dang why do they have to do this to us!! If it were closer to Dec. 2 or the Friday before I would like to take it as a good sign but since it is still a week and a half away I'm not sure since they may have their decisions on everybody. Has anybody's not changed or still reads invited for interview?

I'm OOS, and I have not interviewed and I do not have a status change (it still says "Under Review"). Does anyone who DID NOT interview have a status change?

Did your status change for any other schools that you interviewed at?
No, Just UT the rest all still say Invited for interview.
I contacted my friend who is a D1 and he said it can mean either of the three responses (offer made, waitlisted or rejected) but that a decision has indeed been made.

Last edited:
Mine still says Invited for interview. I hope it's not a rejection...

My status still says "Invited for Interview." Hope this isn't a bad sign. UT is my #1 choice!

I interviewed October 18, and mine says "Check back December 2nd."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine says check back Dec 2 as well. So nervous! One week to go!

I'm an Arkansas resident.

Reactions: 1 user
In state and interviewed early to mid August, can't remember the date.

Hey SEA203, we interviewed the same day and I meant to ask who you were lol, but it doesn't really matter I really liked everyone that I met that day. I was the only guy.

Good Luck!

Did anybody else's status change for another program?

I interviewed in mid September...and my status has not updated to "Check Back Dec. 2nd". I really really hope this is not a bad sign! Hoping for the best! This is making me a nervous wreck haha. Does everyone pretty much agree that a non-status update is a pretty bad sign for an acceptance?

I interviewed in mid September...and my status has not updated to "Check Back Dec. 2nd". I really really hope this is not a bad sign! Hoping for the best! This is making me a nervous wreck haha. Does everyone pretty much agree that a non-status update is a pretty bad sign for an acceptance?
I really don't think that anyone can say if it's a positive or negative sign. I read a post the other day that someone's status changed to "check back Dec. 2nd " and they ended up getting rejected 2 days later.

I really don't think that anyone can say if it's a positive or negative sign. I read a post the other day that someone's status changed to "check back Dec. 2nd " and they ended up getting rejected 2 days later.
From Tennessee?

And I think "Check back on December 2nd" is a positive sign... At my interview, Dr. Covington said they don't officially reject interviewees until March and that they don't create the wait list until after the beginning of December. So I don't think anyone's AADSAS will say rejected or wait list for UT tomorrow.

Also, there's this theory: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/i-am-telling-you-the-truth-guys-listen.872513/

Given all of that, "Check back" = ACCEPTANCE (hopefully!)

Good luck to everyone!

From Tennessee?

And I think "Check back on December 2nd" is a positive sign... At my interview, Dr. Covington said they don't officially reject interviewees until March and that they don't create the wait list until after the beginning of December. So I don't think anyone's AADSAS will say rejected or wait list for UT tomorrow.

Also, there's this theory: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/i-am-telling-you-the-truth-guys-listen.872513/

Given all of that, "Check back" = ACCEPTANCE (hopefully!)

Good luck to everyone!
No, the post I was referring to was for a different school. But I hope that theory is correct! If so, I will be ecstatic tomorrow!!

has anyone heard back from memphis yet? so nervous/excited! hoping for an acceptance call in the morning!

not yet. waiting on them too

anyone know what time UT starts making calls? and if they go in alphabetical order/In-state-OOS? haha i should probably calm down and wait 'til the morning, but i just can't!!!

anyone know what time UT starts making calls? and if they go in alphabetical order/In-state-OOS? haha i should probably calm down and wait 'til the morning, but i just can't!!!

Dr. Covington said he would begin making phone calls at 9am est. Alphabetical order IS, AR, OOS

Reactions: 1 users
MY STATUS JUST CHANGED TO OFFER MADE!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
on aadsas mobile, or normal aadsas? Congratulations!!!