Touro Univeristy - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, I paid the deposit. I'm not sure if AACOMAS has something like traffic day (like in AMCAS), so actually you could hold multiple acceptances at least for a little while. I just don't want to take a spot that could go to someone who really wants to go here, especially if my decision is like 90% made

Thank you so much for the response! I agree, I don't want to take someone else's spot either, but I have not heard a decision from another school I interviewed at, so I have to secure a seat!

Members don't see this ad.

Will be withdrawing my acceptance from here :) Good luck to you all! (Now I just have to work up the courage to type up that email and send it.....definitely will by the end of the week)

EDIT: idiotic question. Do I send this email to registrar or admissions?
Congrats!! When did you interview if you don't mind me asking? And I think it'd be admissions.

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Haven't even gotten on to see the date yet. OOS and Lizzy M around 69-70 I think

ACCEPTED!!!! YES!! Thank the lord!!! I didn't know I was religious??? Whatever!! AWESOME! YES!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Was scheduled for an interview On the 12th but will most likely be canceling as I was just accepted at my first choice of schools elsewhere. I hope my spot goes to one of you and congrats to all those accepted!

Can anyone comment on how many rotation sites there are during 3rd and 4th years? I believe it is lottery system correct? Can someone elaborate more on the clinical education years?

anyone know if there's a fb page for the new class yet?

Also, for those who have accepted their spot in the class, has anyone sent in their health history/physical exam documentation yet? Is there a certain form that we need to have filled out during the appt? I couldn't find one on the website.

edit: found the forms. they're under student health services if anyone was wondering.

Last edited:
anyone know if there's a fb page for the new class yet?

Also, for those who have accepted their spot in the class, has anyone sent in their health history/physical exam documentation yet? Is there a certain form that we need to have filled out during the appt? I couldn't find one on the website.

edit: found the forms. they're under student health services if anyone was wondering.
I thought we are not supposed to send them in yet?

I got an email saying all those things were due within 60 days after acceptance. Did you hear something else?
I got that email at the time of acceptance (early Nov). But a couple of weeks ago, I got this email from Steven Davis:

Dear Students:

Due to some set-up challenges with our new vendor, the Student Health Department is not yet ready to recieve your immunization and health history information. Until the situation is resolved, the 60 day deadline previously communicated for submission of this information will be suspended. You will be notified once you can begin to submit your materials. Please accept our appologies for the trouble.

Steve Davis

Director of Admissions

Reactions: 1 user
I got that email at the time of acceptance (early Nov). But a couple of weeks ago, I got this email from Steven Davis:

Dear Students:

Due to some set-up challenges with our new vendor, the Student Health Department is not yet ready to recieve your immunization and health history information. Until the situation is resolved, the 60 day deadline previously communicated for submission of this information will be suspended. You will be notified once you can begin to submit your materials. Please accept our appologies for the trouble.

Steve Davis

Director of Admissions
wow I don't think I ever got that email. or I must've missed it. weird thanks for sharing!

wow I don't think I ever got that email. or I must've missed it. weird thanks for sharing!

I asked the same thing and got the same email. Just a head's up though, when I got my blood titer for certain immunities, I was found to be negative even though I had the vaccinations in my childhood. Because of this, certain vaccinations that need to be taken in series and have a required amount of time in between would end for me exactly at orientation, so don't procrastinate. I'm sure, though, that as long as the series is in progress then it should work out, but I'll have to call to double check.

Last edited:
Can anyone comment on the possibility of "pre-matriculation drug screening"?

Can anyone comment on the possibility of "pre-matriculation drug screening"?
Honestly if it's that much of an issue, I'm not sure you belong. Not making a personal attack against you BTW.

Honestly if it's that much of an issue, I'm not sure you belong. Not making a personal attack against you BTW.
I guess a vague question deserves this kind of answer.

The real question is: Does Touro CA drug test before orientation?

I got an email saying all those things were due within 60 days after acceptance. Did you hear something else?

FYI to all future students...the ____ day limit they tell you about....its bogus. I had classmates who were getting their stuff in during orientation. Of course, the 1st years last year told us the same and many of us freaked out when we didnt get our stuff in...but again, it's just to scare you..dont freak out if you aren't within whatever limit they give you.

Hi everyone I just joined up here on this forum after stalking it for like a year.... I got accepted to TUCOM in October, I am wondering is there a Facebook group for the incoming class yet? It is my only acceptance as of now and my top DO program choice so I'd like to get to know some classmates.
Thanks!

Just an FYI for those matriculating and waiting for word from Student Health about immunization requirements: I recently looked at the Touro website and saw a working link in the Student Health section for Certified Background, which is the online service that compiles documentation of our physicals, immunizations, etc. It appears to be up and running; I was able to set up a CP account and view all of the requirements. It does cost $35. Haven't uploaded anything yet but will update when I do (it'll be a little while, however).

Last edited:
I was complete 8/11/15. I have Oklahoma residency but grew up in the bay area so I have very strong ties there. Don't know if they factor this in at all since I know some other fellow CA applicants also have not heard back from here yet.

Complete by the end of September, and I haven't heard anything from the school until today. II received, and will be interviewing soon!! If you haven't heard back, don't lose hope!

II today, complete email 12/16. Tried calling to schedule and didn't get an answer, but I didn't leave a voicemail either. Anyone else have an issue reaching them?

II today, complete email 12/16. Tried calling to schedule and didn't get an answer, but I didn't leave a voicemail either. Anyone else have an issue reaching them?

I had the same issue calling in the afternoon, but called them the following day in the morning with success.

Called 4 times this morning and left a voicemail. No contact yet lol. You picked admissions at the menu right?
I basically called the number that was given on the interview invitation e-mail. Not sure if this is applicable, but if you are from the central US or the East coast, you may have to account for the time zone difference.

I basically called the number that was given on the interview invitation e-mail. Not sure if this is applicable, but if you are from the central US or the East coast, you may have to account for the time zone difference.
Yep, I'm in the Midwest but I accounted for the time difference. I'll keep calling ha, if I can't get in touch with them soon I'll send an email.

Was complete 11/16. Should I be worried I haven't heard a peep yet? I emailed and they said I am still under review. Getting very nervous..

Complete late October and haven't heard anything. Anyone in the same boat?

Complete 10/7 IS and still haven't heard anything :(

For anyone who has signed up for an interview recently - what are the available dates?

Complete 10/7 IS and still haven't heard anything :(

For anyone who has signed up for an interview recently - what are the available dates?

I haven't confirmed yet but when I called 2 days ago I was told 2/2 and 2/8. They're aren't doing any 2/15 and 2/16. And then I'm assuming every other Monday and Tuesday is available after that

Edit: don't know if someone said this already but they only do interviews Monday and Tuesday

Was complete 11/16. Should I be worried I haven't heard a peep yet? I emailed and they said I am still under review. Getting very nervous..

I went for an interview in October and they told us their admissions process goes full-steam until the end of May, so, don't give up hope!