University of North Texas (UNTHSC/TCOM) Discussion Thread 2016 - 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received an email about the itinerary for interview days? (Tuesdays specifically) Also, do they have a student hosting program? I want to buy my plane ticket as soon as I can and thought I would have the email with the details by now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received an email about the itinerary for interview days? (Tuesdays specifically) Also, do they have a student hosting program? I want to buy my plane ticket as soon as I can and thought I would have the email with the details by now.
I got my email with everything the day I got the call from them. I would call back and ask.

I got the email like 10minutes ago.
Quick question for those who might know..
Is there a night out event the day before the interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an II! first one!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, does anyone have any info. on the new osteopathic medical school (word of incarnate) and when they will be accepting applications. I could not find a thread for them for this application cycle. Thanks in advance

Btw any idea what the average gpa/mcat for this school would be because it is a new osteopathic medical school

Last edited:
Hey guys, does anyone have any info. on the new osteopathic medical school (word of incarnate) and when they will be accepting applications. I could not find a thread for them for this application cycle. Thanks in advance

Btw any idea what the average gpa/mcat for this school would be because it is a new osteopathic medical school
Come join us in the thread for UIWSOM: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...d-uiwsom-discussion-thread-2016-2017.1204866/
Yes, they are accepting apps starting this June for EY 2017. No data on gpa/mcat exists, but they are faith-based private osteopathic med school, and located in San Antonio.

Reactions: 1 user
II on Friday! IS and LizzyM ~71. Complete on 6/29. Was surprised that I got an II because I didn't do the optional essay of the secondary.

My application status changed! II guys! Now time to wait for the call! LizzyM-74.5, Complete: 6/10, IS. So excited, this is one of my top choices!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
II on Friday! IS and LizzyM ~71. Complete on 6/29. Was surprised that I got an II because I didn't do the optional essay of the secondary.

I'm glad I already got the invite otherwise I would be worried bc I had no idea about the optional essay lol

My application status changed! II guys! Now time to wait for the call! LizzyM-74.5, Complete: 6/10, IS. So excited, this is one of my top choices!!!

That's awesome! Just curious, do you get an email about status change or where in the my.unt.edu portal did you view your status change?

Thanks

That's awesome! Just curious, do you get an email about status change or where did you view your status change?

Thanks

You go to your mUntHSC account they gave you and check under application status! Once it changes, according to trends in this thread, you will receive a call in 1-2 weeks inviting you for an interview

Just got the call! Scheduled for 8/12

I just got a call from an Unknown number but the caller didn't say anything for a good minute and then hung up. I'm so paranoid, it was a call for an II and feel like I somehow screwed myself over by saying "hello?" five times instead of a greeting like "Hello/good morning, this is inthemaking1"

oh man, this is gonna be a loooooong cycle... lol

I just got a call from an Unknown number but the caller didn't say anything for a good minute and then hung up. I'm so paranoid, it was a call for an II and feel like I somehow screwed myself over by saying "hello?" five times instead of a greeting like "Hello/good morning, this is inthemaking1"

oh man, this is gonna be a loooooong cycle... lol

Last week I got a call from my home-phone will caller ID saying unavailable at 7AM in the morn. Imagine a sleep-deprived college student making a mad rush to the phone...only for it to be one of those health insurance scams.

Got the call from Caroline guys! Super nice person. Like many of you all, I couldn't do the 12th and decided on the 16th! I look forward to meeting you all there!

Congrats to those that have received II already!! Interviews here are pretty conversational and relaxed overall. Just be prepared to talk about your essays and Osteopathic medicine for sure.

About how long after your secondaries did you guys get an interview date?

Hey guys!

Congrats & good luck to everyone who's already gotten interviews. I'm a current 2nd year at TCOM. I'm posting for a mostly-selfish reason. I live with 2 other medical students and as you'll soon realize, medical school makes you so poor. So we host travelers on AirBnB at our house, which is a solid way to make a little extra income and still spend all day long studying. If you have an interview here and would like to stay with us, we would love to have you and take you to and from the interview! We'll answer any questions you have and give you the inside scoop :) Check out our page here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13982457

Congrats again and for those of you who have yet to receive word, keep your head up! I got in a month before school started haha.

Erika

I just received a call from Caroline this morning! I'll see whoever is going to be there on the 12th.

Edit: I was surprised that they were working on the weekend, but I'm happy! First II!

I just received a call from Caroline this morning! I'll see whoever is going to be there on the 12th.

Edit: I was surprised that they were working on the weekend, but I'm happy! First II!

Yay! I'll be there on the 12th as well. See you there!

For interview invites, Do they call you on your cell phone # or mailing address ph #?

Also, do they leave a message if the call is not answered? from this thread, they apparently call from an unknown number and my family usually does not pick up "unknown" calls.

Last edited:
good luck to all who got II.... y'all make me bad for submitting so late but still happy to see y'all getting some love

II today! Yay, my first II ever! I am sooooo stoked. I couldn't believe it haha.

Last edited:
For interview invites, Do they call you on your cell phone # or mailing address ph #?

Also, do they leave a message if the call is not answered? from this thread, they apparently call from an unknown number and my family usually does not pick up "unknown" calls.

Last year, they called my cell phone and left a voicemail with the call back number.

Don't worry too much if you don't hear back for a while. TCOM responds kind of weirdly/sporadically as far as timing. I submitted my secondary in July last year and my interview was in December then I ended up matching. No need to start worrying yet!

Hey yall - need your advice here for the essay prompts:

For the first essay prompt - what motivated you towards osteopathic medicine..? I'm a re-applicant and answered this in my essay from last application cycle. Would it be okay to use the same one or re-write it?

For the second essay prompt - My most meaningful experience is not osteopathic experience - is that okay? Or would yall recommend writing about an osteopathic experience since I do have shadowing experience.

Thanks!

F

For the first essay prompt - what motivated you towards osteopathic medicine..? I'm a re-applicant and answered this in my essay from last application cycle. Would it be okay to use the same one or re-write it?

For the second essay prompt - My most meaningful experience is not osteopathic experience - is that okay? Or would yall recommend writing about an osteopathic experience since I do have shadowing experience.

Thanks!
For the second essay prompt, I did not write about an osteopathic experience and got an II.

Thanks!

I would assume very, very few most meaningful experiences are osteopathic. They just want to know what you liked the most about clinical extracurriculars.

Portal status changed to an II!

Got an II just now!! First one for me :)

Last night in my dream I checked the portal and it said that I got an II. I woke up at 4:30 am realizing it wasn't real life

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

II yesterday for August 26th! I'm OOS and so excited!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Have my interview coming up this week and I am nervous. Anyone gone through it and have some advice or know what it's like? Thanks

Have my interview coming up this week and I am nervous. Anyone gone through it and have some advice or know what it's like? Thanks
Really relaxed. Everyone was friendly. They wanted to get to know me in both of my interviews. The hardest question I got was "talk about your experience with osteopathic medicine (what I wrote in one of the secondary essays) and what do you know about osteopathic medicine?" so definitely know how to answer questions about osteopathic medicine. I also didn't get any questions about the ACA or medicine, though a few interviewers did. Basically 90% of questions were about my application, experiences, and interests with medicine. As long as you have had some mock interviews and know your entire application, you should be fine.

I had an almost identical experience as Timmy248 when I interviewed last year.

Their website says they have closed-file interviews. Can anyone confirm?