University of Oklahoma -- everyone welcome -- Part 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agh, I've been floating around here for some time-talking to people here and there. I am just trying REALLLLLY hard to not be too awful neurotic about this process, but I was never good at hurry-up-and-wait. I'm not great at waiting period about stuff like this. I'm ready to go, get it done, and have at least SOME kind of answer.

Anyways, how do you like attending med school at OU?

I can't remember how far ahead of my interview I knew that it was pending. The good news is, once you do have it, you find out QUICK in most cases; you also find out either way. I interviewed on a Tuesday and was celebrating that Saturday night.

Have some fun, be a mommy. Think about how to answer, "So, why do you want to be a doctor?" :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

So I'm not coming up with much on dates. Generally it seems like invites go out 3 weeks or so before the interview date, so I'm guessing you might have to wait a few more weeks. Also, from looking at this, it looks like they haven't started the interview invitation process yet --

http://www.medicine.ouhsc.edu/admissions/

This is a very bad site to know about if you don't want to be neurotic. ;)

As for OU, there are some things I like and some I don't, but from spending too much time on SDN, I've gathered that the things I don't like show up at pretty much every medical school in the country. I'm a big fan of the relatively traditional curriculum (not very much pbl or subjective evaluations in your first two years) along with the ample opportunities to homeschool. Homeschooling is so fantastically great. It saves so much time and makes medical school feel so much more doable. Also, the people are pretty friendly.

The main downsides to me are obvious ones and are only a downside to some of us. Mainly, I'm not wild about Oklahoma City, and the student body isn't as diverse as I'd like. As a psycho liberal secular person, I feel a little odd sometimes. But I've been away for a long time hanging out in a blue state and didn't go to OU for ugrad, so all of this has been more noticeable to me.

So I'm not coming up with much on dates. Generally it seems like invites go out 3 weeks or so before the interview date, so I'm guessing you might have to wait a few more weeks. Also, from looking at this, it looks like they haven't started the interview invitation process yet --

http://www.medicine.ouhsc.edu/admissions/

This is a very bad site to know about if you don't want to be neurotic. ;)

As for OU, there are some things I like and some I don't, but from spending too much time on SDN, I've gathered that the things I don't like show up at pretty much every medical school in the country. I'm a big fan of the relatively traditional curriculum (not very much pbl or subjective evaluations in your first two years) along with the ample opportunities to homeschool. Homeschooling is so fantastically great. It saves so much time and makes medical school feel so much more doable. Also, the people are pretty friendly.

The main downsides to me are obvious ones and are only a downside to some of us. Mainly, I'm not wild about Oklahoma City, and the student body isn't as diverse as I'd like. As a psycho liberal secular person, I feel a little odd sometimes. But I've been away for a long time hanging out in a blue state and didn't go to OU for ugrad, so all of this has been more noticeable to me.

Unfortunately, I learned about this site waaaaaay to early. I'm from OK, and it's the only state I've ever lived in. My husband and I lived in Midwest City for 3 years while he was stationed at Tinker, and I hated it. I plan on moving back to small town OK as soon as residency is complete. As for the homeschooling, BIG plus for me, I have two kids.

Anyways, thanks for looking, I've thoroughly gone over all the OU threads that I can get into to read, and I can't find much on dates either. I was just hoping someone who has a fantasic memory for it knew.

Do you remember how soon after your interview you heard any news?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't remember how far ahead of my interview I knew that it was pending. The good news is, once you do have it, you find out QUICK in most cases; you also find out either way. I interviewed on a Tuesday and was celebrating that Saturday night.

Have some fun, be a mommy. Think about how to answer, "So, why do you want to be a doctor?" :thumbup:

Sorry, just noticed your post. WOW, that is a quick turn around. I have a good GPA and a decent MCAT score. But, being a mommy, I have weak EC's. A month or two of shadowing, a summer of research, and some clubs and awards/recognitions. My daycare closes at five, and my oldest gets out of school at 3ish, so after that, I go from premed, to mom.

The why I want to be a doctor--I can answer that question solidly. I pregnant in high school (no secret, this is probably the fifth time it's come up) so I've had some obstacles to overcome and soul searching that must be done and a family to consult before I even made the decsion to go ahead a pursue it. All of which is elaborated upon in my PS.

Anywho....rambling.

I like it just fine so far. A little too much fluff in some of the classes, but overall good. Ask me again after the first test on Tuesday, and I may be singing a different tune.

One thing that I don't remember OU telling us much about is the early clinical exposure. I am really liking that. We are already learning how to do history and physicals which many schools leave until 2nd year. We will be sent into clinics and hospitals for one afternoon a week for @ 15 weeks later this semester and next to hone those skills, so while it's not a ton, it is still exposure to real live patients.

I don't know about when the interview offers for Sept. went out as I wasn't complete until the end of Oct., but there is a guy in my mod who was a Sept interviewee. I will ask him for you.

I don't know about when the interview offers for Sept. went out as I wasn't complete until the end of Oct., but there is a guy in my mod who was a Sept interviewee. I will ask him for you.

That would be fantasic, and greatly appreciated. I've been complete at OU for 2-3 weeks now, and seeing all the threads in pre-allo of interview invites pouring in, I'm getting impatient and nervous.

Generally it seems like invites go out 3 weeks or so before the interview date, so I'm guessing you might have to wait a few more weeks.

That's what I remember too.

Homeschooling is so fantastically great. It saves so much time and makes medical school feel so much more doable.

Yes, I am growing more and more into it, although all these random mandatory attendance things are getting a little annoying.

I didn't realize there were interviews in Sept. I thought they began in Oct.

Thanks again. Anyways, I'm outta here for the evening. My husband just got home, and I haven't seen him since last Sunday. It just doesn't seem right to be sitting on SDN obsessing about my application....

I'll check back around in a couple of days, and keep you updated on how things turn out.

I'm an applicant this cycle along with Premed Mommy. I'm complete, but not expecting an interview until November or possibly January.

It seems peculiar that just as all you freshly minted MS1's are getting kicked off, there's a whole new lot of us coming in to fill your anxiety-ridden-applicant-shoes.

Premed Mommy - I have some stats from last year's application cycle if you don't already have them, PM if you are interested. I wish you the best of luck in the upcoming interview season.

Thanks a million to all the OU Med regular posters. Its been very helpful reading about your experiences going through the process and sharing your insights.

I really doubt the administration would hold being a mother against you if they're weighing that against other applicant's extra-curriculars.

Personally, I think being a mother, particularly of little kids, is a damn challenging job. So you might not have spent 3 months in Sub-Saharan Africa lecturing folks on condom use or hiked Mt. Everest before your 25th birthday.

Honestly, I'd much rather do those things than try to potty-train a toddler. :p

As long as you meet the academic requirements and don't come across as bat**** crazy in the interview you'll be fine. Notice I didn't say you couldn't be crazy, just try not to let the interviewers figure it out. ;)

On an unrelated note, can I get a hell yeah? This medicine clerkship will finally be over in about 3.5 hours.

Amxcvbcv, thanks for your input. And just for the record, I HAVE gone mountain climbing (not Mt. Everest), and I DEFINITELY prefer it to potty-training. I am starting to wish my oldest had been in school last year so I could list the Parent/Teacher Organization as an EC, lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on September 20 something last year. I had my application in as early as possible and received the invitation 3 weeks prior. There was another round of interviews in October before they let us know whether we got in around Nov. 4.

Hope that helps and good luck with your application. Managing children and school is no easy task.

bat**** crazy

That's an official Herman Jones DSM-IV diagnosis, right? ;)

On an unrelated note, can I get a hell yeah? This medicine clerkship will finally be over in about 3.5 hours.

Congrats on getting that hurdle out of the way - enjoy your long weekend, because you sure as hell have earned it! :hardy:

Also just wanted to wish PreMedMommy and Bravofriendly the best of luck - welcome to the most stressful period of your adult life :smuggrin:

I interviewed on September 20 something last year. I had my application in as early as possible and received the invitation 3 weeks prior. There was another round of interviews in October before they let us know whether we got in around Nov. 4.

Hope that helps and good luck with your application. Managing children and school is no easy task.

I interviewed with Benoit on September 28th, as I recall. Our interview invites did come out several weeks before the interview, but I don't remember exactly how early.

They made us wait until November 4th to find out if we got in, while the group who interviewed the last week of October also found out that same day.

Good luck to all of the applicants! Definitely ask questions if you want to know about anything med school related.

Unfortunately, I learned about this site waaaaaay to early. I'm from OK, and it's the only state I've ever lived in. My husband and I lived in Midwest City for 3 years while he was stationed at Tinker, and I hated it. I plan on moving back to small town OK as soon as residency is complete. As for the homeschooling, BIG plus for me, I have two kids.

Anyways, thanks for looking, I've thoroughly gone over all the OU threads that I can get into to read, and I can't find much on dates either. I was just hoping someone who has a fantasic memory for it knew.

I had to wait maybe 2 weeks after the interview because I wound up getting a scholarship. It seems like the people who didn't get a scholarship offer with their acceptance letter heard within a week. But yeah, as posted above, they might make everyone wait until November or something like that if you interview early. The interviewing in September and October was a new thing last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're still tweaking it a bit.

Do you want to do Manpower?

So I have tried like 23 times to unsubscribe from that stupid BoomerBlast and OU athletics mailing list, and they keep on sending me stuff. :mad: Being pretty much entirely disinterested in college athletics and having spent my formative years in Stillwater makes me pretty definitively not a Sooner fan.

Congrats! :thumbup: So I'm taking it IM's not calling out to you? :)

I'm definitely trying to trek toward the fertile fields of radiology. :p

I really don't think I could maintain any semblance of happiness or sanity regularly dealing with folks that don't realize you can't drink a case of beer a day or skip insulin doses cause you don't "feel" hyperglycemic without reaping the consequences.

So I have tried like 23 times to unsubscribe from that stupid BoomerBlast and OU athletics mailing list, and they keep on sending me stuff. :mad: Being pretty much entirely disinterested in college athletics and having spent my formative years in Stillwater makes me pretty definitively not a Sooner fan.

Right click on the unwanted e-mails and create a rule to automatically delete them if you can't unsubscribe.

I like Sooner athletics and even I am getting annoyed with all the BoomerBlast crap. :p

Thanks everyone for your replies. Wish me luck in getting an early interview...I'm crossing my fingers.

What!?! No love for The M-Dub-C!?!?

Benoit, I think I may have sat next to you at the mentor picnic. Were you asking about how important PCM was?

What!?! No love for The M-Dub-C!?!?

Benoit, I think I may have sat next to you at the mentor picnic. Were you asking about how important PCM was?

What can I say, I'm a small town girl, with the intent of staying that way.

What can I say, I'm a small town girl, with the intent of staying that way.

Play that up during your interview. Part of a state university's job is to produce physicians for that state, including the small towns which are often hard to get new docs to go to.

I think Bagel mentioned it (and maybe you answered and I just missed it), but if you truly are interested in going to a small town as a PCP, you may want to consider the Physician Manpower program.

Play that up during your interview. Part of a state university's job is to produce physicians for that state, including the small towns which are often hard to get new docs to go to.

I think Bagel mentioned it (and maybe you answered and I just missed it), but if you truly are interested in going to a small town as a PCP, you may want to consider the Physician Manpower program.

The manpower program has been brought up to me a couple of times, I'm just not 100% sure I want to do family medicine (not 100% sure I don't either). There is a decent hospital in the good ole hometown which offers positions in specialties I'm interested in. This hospital also has a program where if I sign a contract agree to work for them a set number of years, they will help fund my medical education. Very tempting I must say.

The manpower program has been brought up to me a couple of times, I'm just not 100% sure I want to do family medicine (not 100% sure I don't either). There is a decent hospital in the good ole hometown which offers positions in specialties I'm interested in. This hospital also has a program where if I sign a contract agree to work for them a set number of years, they will help fund my medical education. Very tempting I must say.

You don't have to do family practice, just primary care.

From the PMTC website:

A rural Oklahoma community may provide loan forgiveness funds, matched by PMTC, to any qualified primary care physician (FP, IM, Ped, OB, ER)

But if you definitely want to move back to the hometown, that doesn't sound like a bad deal either.

That's good to know. I thought I read on the application that is was family practice, but I could easily be wrong (actually obviously I am). I'm just scared to sign up for something like that and find out that don't like the area I signed up for. What I think I like now, as a pre-med, may be completely different from what I will like four years down the road.

I thought I read on the application that is was family practice, but I could easily be wrong (actually obviously I am).

The family practice deal is just one of their programs.

I personally wouldn't sign any deal that held me hostage to any specialty or town until I'm finished with residency. One can always make those deals to repay your loans afterwards should one decide to go to a smaller community with none of the penalties for changing your mind (I have committment issues as you can tell).

The family practice deal is just one of their programs.

I personally wouldn't sign any deal that held me hostage to any specialty or town until I'm finished with residency. One can always make those deals to repay your loans afterwards should one decide to go to a smaller community with none of the penalties for changing your mind (I have committment issues as you can tell).

Actually, I believe you won't be able to do the after the fact repayment. Here anyway, via PMTC. Also, you don't have to lock into something prior to starting school. Like the military scholarships I've considered, it's a one year loan=one year service. If you go through MS3 and something primary grabs you, you can sign up and take aid for 4th year alone. If you are hell-bent on being OB (ewwww! :barf: ) you could sign up before MSI. There are a lot of angles. Maybe someone who knows more can pipe up. I will likely become a resource for such info, as the fact that EM falls into this has either changed since I read about it, or the propaganda OU put out about it was inaccurate. What strikes me as odd is that although I don't really know how big a town 7500 folks is (the max for the scholarship) I can't see it having much more than a cursory ER, and more likely an urgent care center.

I've got to say that Manpower website sucks. It's so hard to figure out what you can get and what you can't get because they list all sorts of things that have run out of funding. I do think you can get repayment incentives from the local hospital or even a practice without going through Manpower. For example, my brother did Manpower his last two years and got something like $12k/year for doing it. Now, he's getting around $15k/year in loan repayments for 4 years that I think is coming from the hospital in the town he works in. I'll need to clarify it with him, but I think he could have gotten the latter even without doing Manpower since it's not state money.

It works for him, but there's no way I'd do it. Honestly it's too little money for that much of a sacrifice, but it's a good deal for people who already want to do rural primary care. Speaking of which, he does med/peds, so it's definitely not family medicine only.

Saying you want to work in a rural area will probably be a big plus in an interview. We need rural doctors, and OU being a state school wants to produce some grads who will do that.

Actually, I believe you won't be able to do the after the fact repayment. Here anyway, via PMTC.

Yeah, I should have made that clear; not specifically with the PMTC, but there are many hospitals in small to medium sized communities that will do it. Some of them actually use matching money from the PMTC for these after the fact types of things.

Oh yeah, I think EM still fits the definition for the federal funding thing -- isn't it National Health Service Corps or something like that? Psych does too! :thumbup: I know for a fact you can get that after graduation, but I have no clue how hard it is to get.

Speaking of which, self-motivated plug but if you're interested in funding issues, you can always check out the financial aid forum, which is just a little lower on the main forum page. ;) We are having a recent (slightly heated) discussion about the money needed to support a family, so I know some of you all will have some insight.

Well, I have a great deal of admiration for Soonereng. He is juggling a lot right now and manages to homeschool when we are essentially required to be on campus 4 days a week.

Personally, I am pretty freaked out. I feel way behind, and it is not for lack of effort. I think once I hit my stride in studying for anatomy, it may all become a bit more manageable. Just trying to figure out how to rewire my brain. I find myself feeling guilty if I am not studying during every free minute... like right now, for instance. Not enough hours in the day. Like Dr. Scott in HB, I guess my coping mechanism is worrying a lot.

I'm not sure what sort of indication it is, but if I had taken that sample mini today as the real thing, I would have probably made a 75 or so. Maybe I should be optimistic since I didn't study for it like if it had been the real thing. Still... worrisome.

On a positive note, did you and your wife register anywhere Soonereng? Time to hit up your modmates for some nursery furniture love.

Personally, I am pretty freaked out. I feel way behind, and it is not for lack of effort. I think once I hit my stride in studying for anatomy, it may all become a bit more manageable.
That's why I was such a "downer" at orientation - I wanted to tell you guys that this was coming for a lot of you. IMHO, first semester of medical school just absolutely sucks. Definitely an incredibly stressful period. You're going through such a huge lifestyle change plus you are, to a degree, getting your brain wired up to function at a higher level.

But, it does get better. I loathed first semester - I don't even like to look back at it. Second semester: more relaxed, much better. Now - well, I'm behind, I'll be working all weekend to try to get caught-up - no holiday for me. Oh, and I'm a year older today - yip-f*cking-pee!!

Second year is much better. Hard work - but, let's be honest. You'll never kill at patient because you couldn't remember every bloody receptor activation mechanism on a cell. On the other hand, in pharmacology I keep thinking that - while it's a challenge - it's definitely information that it would probably be a good idea for me to know... :laugh:

Hang in there, SoonerGeek. Best of luck on the mini. Don't forget, Leon adores "E - all of the above." I think he sees it as a teaching opportunity within the exam. Unless you're absolutely sure of another answer, go for E. Your chances are about 80%!! And - don't neglect your studying of Leon's gout junk. Bidichandani's stuff is interesting - but he goes fairly easy on you on the mini (not so much on Block 1 - not impossible, but he expects quite a bit more - but that's later) - however, Leon weights his own stuff disproportionately considering it's really only about 2 days of lecture if he didn't drag it out (oops - I mean, give you guys a chance to get up to speed). If I remember, the mini is something like 2/3 Leon and 1/3 Bidi. Good luck!

Agh, I've been floating around here for some time-talking to people here and there. I am just trying REALLLLLY hard to not be too awful neurotic about this process, but I was never good at hurry-up-and-wait. I'm not great at waiting period about stuff like this. I'm ready to go, get it done, and have at least SOME kind of answer.

I love it! :love:

Although, I am only in my first three weeks of school, so I don't have the full perspective just yet. The classes are kind of blah... but I'm not really all that into science so that might be part of it. I would say anatomy, as expected, is by far my favorite class. So far, the best thing about school / lectures itself is that (almost) all the prof's have a really good sense of humor and fill the lectures with little jokes here and there. All of the profs are really helpful and encouraging. The module system is great, although it seems my mod is a little bit segregated. We don't seemed to have formed any sort of cohesive unit yet. That's about all of my thoughts. If you get in here, you should come here! Just keep obsessively checking your email. There is really no other way to get around it; your part is done, just give OU a chance to complete their part. The good news is once you've interviewed you only have to wait beween 5 - 10 days to hear back from OU.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Soonereng - glad I could give you a laugh by nearly falling out of my chair with laughter.

Freeze - good call on the better name for that diagram. I think I will refer to it as the "test block position" diagram from now on.

I'm not sure what sort of indication it is, but if I had taken that sample mini today as the real thing, I would have probably made a 75 or so. Maybe I should be optimistic since I didn't study for it like if it had been the real thing. Still... worrisome.

Actually not worrisome at one. One, 75% is passing, and the mini is not worth all that much. Even if that were your actual score, you could come back and do much better in the class if that's what you wanted. Two, those are the types of scores that I saw while taking a practice exam the week before the real exam, and yet I still could make an A on the real exam. You probably made stupid mistakes, which happens pretty frequently when taking a sample test, and you missed those little nitpicky things that you'll study this weekend. So study this weekend but have some fun, too, and be sure to get lots of sleep Monday night.

One thing I have to say for anyone who feels like they always need to study, you need to make yourself do something fun or relaxing on a regular basis. When my brother went to OU, they had that Dr. Decker guy who I'm sure you've heard referenced in HB. His big advice to all students was that you should take one whole day off a week, which imo is feasible -- well maybe not during test block, but other than that, yes. You can always study more because there's always stuff you won't have have time to learn, but you'll drive yourself crazy and completely burnout if you feel the need to study all the time. It's just not workable, and it's better to focus on knowing most of the material while still having some fun.

Personally, I am pretty freaked out. I feel way behind, and it is not for lack of effort. I think once I hit my stride in studying for anatomy, it may all become a bit more manageable. Just trying to figure out how to rewire my brain. I find myself feeling guilty if I am not studying during every free minute... like right now, for instance. Not enough hours in the day.

I'm refusing to get too freaked out just yet. I did about the same for our "mini" in anatomy today. I got most of the answers right b/c of smarties like shortitalian sitting next to me, but had I been taking it on my own it would have been somewhere between 70 - 80%. This, all things considered, is a good grade to have gotten for something I haven't really studied for yet. Having just had anatomy last semester puts me in this "I don't really have to get hardcore on that just yet" frame of mind. Probably about time I snap out of it because I really, really, really want an A in anatomy. Biochem, I'd like an A but I'll take a B. Embryo, a B is so very much okay. I HATE embryo. The only thing I like about it so far are the really disturbing pictures we get to look at with babies with birth defects. It's actually clinically relavent.

Anyways, I'm certainly not studying every minute of every day (or even every day at all), but it's early yet. I don't think that the majority of our classmates are studying all the time, either. My goal for right now: learn to study more effectively. Last weekend, I studied all weekend, but hardly got anything accomplished because I was watching Alias at the same time... Not terribly effective. So... new plan - study first, then watch Alias. I also need to learn how to pay attention in lecture or I need to quit going. Unless I'm trying very hard to take good notes, I'm not paying attention = poor time management. Anyways - my point is don't freak out too much yet! I'd save the freaking out for before our first test block. Then you can feel guilty for not studying every spare minute!

Okay, enough goofing off on SDN. Time to learn BIOCHEM!!! :clap: :corny:

I'm so happy I'm not taking biochem. :smuggrin: I know if this is remotely useful to tell you guys or not, but there is amazingly little content on the mini. Think about it -- Leon covered like 2 days of material in his 2 weeks of lecture, and that makes up 2/3s of the test! And Bidichandani is fantastic in giving you a great overview of what he wants you to know and in writing fair questions. I'm sure you guys took many undergraduate tests covering more material than is on this mini, so don't let the fact that it's your first med school exam freak you out.

And yes, NTT's right about that "all of the above" thing. I believe that was not the right answer for maybe one of Leon's questions, but it was the right answer for all the other ones where that was an option. So unless you know enough to know it's wrong, put E.

Speaking of biochem lameness, I think MMI sucks about as much.

Freeze, I'm not sure if I asked that question. :confused: Oh and to be technical, I didn't have anybody sitting next to me.

I'm so happy I'm not taking biochem. :smuggrin: I know if this is remotely useful to tell you guys or not, but there is amazingly little content on the mini. Think about it -- Leon covered like 2 days of material in his 2 weeks of lecture, and that makes up 2/3s of the test! And Bidichandani is fantastic in giving you a great overview of what he wants you to know and in writing fair questions. I'm sure you guys took many undergraduate tests covering more material than is on this mini, so don't let the fact that it's your first med school exam freak you out.

I agree. I'm not really that terrified of our biochem mini because there isn't that much to know. I have ~12 pages of notes per day of lecture for Dr. B, and only ~ 1/2 is something he pointed out in his review for us to know. I think I understand Leon's stuff, once I have gone back over it and put it all together in my own head. It seemed really disjointed in lecture. I was really confused in those two weeks of what any one thing had to do with another... Now that I am looking at it all together it's kinda like :idea:. That's a good thing I presume.

A friend is having a party on Monday night and he called to invite me. I was like... boy that sounds great, but it doesn't sound like that would be a wise move for the night before our mini!!!

I am glad there is no mini for embryology. I will study for that 2 weekends before test block, and then review for it the night before the exam. I imagine between having the book to read, notegroups, lecture slides, and the syllabus, I have more than enough sources to put it all together with. Have I mentioned that I hate embryo? :thumbdown: I don't know what I have against it. I just flat don't like it.

What I DO like is our Sooners!!! I'm pleased about the new QB. I had no idea what to expect. Nice way to start the season. As I write this, we just got an interception and ANOTHER touchdown (62-3). Way to go boys.

I'm so happy I'm not taking biochem. :smuggrin:

Speaking of biochem lameness, I think MMI sucks about as much.

You've just got to keep rubbing it in don't you? MMI is the pharmacology course right? It seems like biochem and pharmacology would have a lot of similarities.

I personally don't hate biochem. It makes a lot of sense to me, but that's probably the engineer coming out. I understand processes and flow charts with multiple feedback systems. I think it's pretty cool personally.

What I DO like is our Sooners!!!

:thumbup:

Hey Bagel,

I noticed that you are an assistant mod now. When did that happen (maybe I just haven't been paying attention and you've always been one)?

I also noticed that you started a blog. Did talking to yourself on this thread get to you that much?

Hey Bagel,

I noticed that you are an assistant mod now. When did that happen (maybe I just haven't been paying attention and you've always been one)?

I also noticed that you started a blog. Did talking to yourself on this thread get to you that much?

Nah, you didn't miss much. I became an assistant mod for the financial aid forum a little over a week ago. So don't troll there! :smuggrin:

MMI is microbiology and immunity. The big picture part of it is interesting, but it's full of little nitpicky things that just have to memorized, which makes studying it a bit of a drag. That's why it reminds me of biochem. :)

The blog is a new feature at SDN, I think, and we members of the volunteer staff have been encouraged to use it. It's good because then maybe I can blog instead of filling up this thread with my rants. :oops:

MMI is microbiology and immunity.

Oh yeah, that's right. I just love how OU names its classes uniquely: instead of pathology or pathophys we have IHI!

The blog is a new feature at SDN, I think, and we members of the volunteer staff have been encouraged to use it. It's good because then maybe I can blog instead of filling up this thread with my rants. :oops:

I like hearing your rants. :thumbup::hardy:

Status
Not open for further replies.