University of Wisconsin c/o 2018 applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JUST GOT HOME TO FIND A LARGE BROWN ENVELOPE IN THE MAILBOX! Can't wait to be a badger again!

Congrats!!! I love seeing posts from future classmates!!! So stoked for accepted student day :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, IS. I live in Madison. I did my undergrad and UW and have been hanging around since I graduated waiting to get into the vet school, so if anyone has any questions about the city or the university in general I'm a pretty good source of knowledge since I've lived here for 6 years.

IS I'm assuming?

Yep, IS. I live in Madison. I did my undergrad and UW and have been hanging around since I graduated waiting to get into the vet school, so if anyone has any questions about the city or the university in general I'm a pretty good source of knowledge since I've lived here for 6 years.

Congrats again and again everyone :). When is your invited students day? I don't think any of us have gotten an e-mail about it so just curious!

This is exciting that people are recieving responses!

Wonder of they're still making phone calls, even though they have started with sending things out?

Wonder of they're still making phone calls, even though they have started with sending things out?
Well I would assume that people who found out over the phone will also get their accecptance in the mail, so maybe!

Congrats again and again everyone :). When is your invited students day? I don't think any of us have gotten an e-mail about it so just curious!

It's March 7th! I was kinda surprised it was that early, but I'm not complaining! I'd like to get a lay of the land soon cause I haven't ever been there

Does anyone know what that day will consist of?

It's March 7th! I was kinda surprised it was that early, but I'm not complaining! I'd like to get a lay of the land soon cause I haven't ever been there
Oh yeah that's earlier than last year. Curious how they'll set that up because classes will still be going on that day. I'm sure it'll be fun though! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, anyone know if Wisconsin does a white coat ceremony?

We didn't have any sort of ceremony for first year... I know some vet schools do that. I believe that when going into clinicals fourth year there is a coating ceremony.

No, we don't do a white coat ceremony at the beginning like other schools do (you'll only be wearing your white coat for anatomy lab, anyway - fourth year, we wear blue coats). At the end of third year before you head into rotations, there's a blue coat ceremony.

Have any OOSers received acceptances via mail or do they only notify OOS applicants via phone call?

This is how I feel right now.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey All! Just got back from being out of the country (spay/neuter trip to Ecuador!), but I got into UW (OOS, AZ)!! I got a phone call Feb 12th, 5:55 pm (not sure what time zone, since it was a voicemail). The Dr. was super nice on the phone, and I got a follow-up email the next day. So sorry some of you are still waiting... I am also waiting on NCSU so I feel your pain...

Reactions: 1 users
What really sucks is that I'm an RA at my school right now, and I'm on duty Wednesday-Saturday this week. Which means I can't leave during that time. Which means that if my letter doesn't come tomorrow, and ends up coming later this week, I won't get to see it until Sunday because it's being sent to my home address, not my school address. :nailbiting:

Congrats to those who are accepted! And to those waiting don't fret...I applied OOS and never received a phone call but I got the brown envelope in the mail. I walked passed the admissions committee last week. It looked intense.

I'm procrastinating studying..but if you guys have questions about the admissions process/admitted students day lmk!

Congrats to those who are accepted! And to those waiting don't fret...I applied OOS and never received a phone call but I got the brown envelope in the mail. I walked passed the admissions committee last week. It looked intense.

I'm procrastinating studying..but if you guys have questions about the admissions process/admitted students day lmk!
were they like in a conference room or something arguing? lol like "12 angry men" style haha

This will be me tomorrow...

hahahahah i love how it almost matches what we would really do too *frantically looks through mail*... it almost seems like he looks at each letter before walking away

Cannot sleep.... Even though I know my mail isn't coming at 3:55 AM :p gahh the anticipation

Good luck today everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
The mailman is currently parked at the corner, walking around to all the apartment complexes in my area. I'm definitely stalking him. Sorry, not sorry!

How do people get their mail so early? Mine never gets around till late afternoon if I'm lucky...Tennessee is so slow

How do people get their mail so early? Mine never gets around till late afternoon if I'm lucky...Tennessee is so slow

I live in Wisconsin and my mail never comes until around 4 or 5.

I wonder how long mail takes to get from WI to MI. More waiting for me! Either way, my mail doesn't come until 5pm. Bleh!

Yes, I'm IS. I'm about a 3.5 hour drive from Madison, if that helps. I'm right on the Minnesota boarder.

I got a phone call on 2-14 and just got my letter today (FL).

I'm nervous about WI because my stats don't seem like they are where they should be. My experience is really good though so we will see.

Our mail never shows up till around 2:30 and I have an embryology lab from 2 to 5. 100% unfocused.

I keep texting my mother every 5 minutes because I don't know if it will be mailed to her address or my campus address. She's probably annoyed.

That would be nerve wracking. I live in an apartment on my dads property and he has a tendency to "help" and pick up my mail, then not tell me about it for days. He's been briefed on the no touchies.

What was the area code for your call? I had a call I missed friday, and was wondering if it was from a school!
608 was the area code

I missed the call too, they left a message and then called back around 7:00pm EST.