USF MSMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpmed_2026

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was just accepted into the program and wanted to start a forum to connect with other students who have applied and are thinking about going. Also I would love to get feedback from students who have gone through the program!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I just submitted last week on Thursday! Now my application is in review! What was the turn around time until you got an acceptance email?

Hello! I just submitted last week on Thursday! Now my application is in review! What was the turn around time until you got an acceptance email?
Hi! It was marked under review on 1/22 and I received the acceptance on 2/15! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! It was marked under review on 1/22 and I received the acceptance on 2/15! Good luck!
Congrats btw! Do you mind sharing your stats? I have a 498 MCAT and 3.3 gpa, worried about my science gpa being too low (2.8). This is for the MSP3 program right?

Congrats btw! Do you mind sharing your stats? I have a 498 MCAT and 3.3 gpa, worried about my science gpa being too low (2.8). This is for the MSP3 program right?
Thank you! My GPA is 3.2 and I believe that my science GPA was the same as yours, and then I didn't submit an MCAT score. This is for MSP3!

Reactions: 1 user
How do you know when the application is completed/under review for MSMS or IMS ?Did you get an email?

Does anyone know if the msp3 classes are at the new campus or still at the old one?

Hey, doing this app now. How did you send in your mcat score? thanks!

I was accepted about a week after I applied! So around early March! I’m still not super committed to this program but I really do like it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted about a week after I applied! So around early March! I’m still not super committed to this program but I really do like it!
Your stats must be great. I’ve been waiting for weeks. I’m over this. I’m almost to the point where I’m done trying to go to medical school. The process is so biased and non-transparent.

Last edited:
Your stats must be great. I’ve been waiting for weeks. I’m over this. I’m almost to the point where I’m done trying to go to medical school. The process is so biased and non-transparent.
I'm so sorry! I've also been waiting months for my in-state smp program which is my top choice. Also, my stats are pretty below average. Hope you get a response soon.

I joined this facebook group for accepted students I think the link for it is on the checklist that they sent out!
Thanks! I didn't get this checklist yet. Does anyone know what kind of ECs are available during the program? I know we have to study like be crazy but I’d like to volunteer and do ECs in my free time.

Officially submitted on 3/29 and received the "referred to program for review" email! Did y'all get a separate email when your app was "under review" or did you just check the portal? For those of you who've received a decision; what was the turn around time?

Last edited:
Officially submitted on 3/29 and received the "referred to program for review" email! Did y'all get a separate email when your application was "under review" or did you just check the portal? For those of you who've received an admissions decision; what was the turn around time?

I just got an acceptance email after being referred for review! It took exactly a week from when I submitted to the time I got accepted!

Hello, I just got accepted into the IMS program. Has anybody else been accepted or heard back? I was thinking of creating a group me so we can keep each other updated.

Hello, I just got accepted into the IMS program. Has anybody else been accepted or heard back? I was thinking of creating a group me so we can keep each other updated.
I submitted my app with all the required supporting documents yesterday, I'd be down for that but I also wanna know if this program is in-person, hybrid, or 100% online

Last edited by a moderator:

Congratulations! I know I'm under consideration and I wonder when you finalized your application?

I submitted my app with all the required supporting documents yesterday, I'd be down for that but I also wanna know if this program is in-person, hybrid, or 100% online
I was told by the program coordinator that the summer semester (starting June) will be online, but the fall and spring semester will be in-person.

I was told by the program coordinator that the summer semester (starting June) will be online, but the fall and spring semester will be in-person.
That makes me even more interested in their program

Here's the group me link if anybody wants to join.
You're invited to join my group "USF IMS Program" on GroupMe. GroupMe

Just activated my NetID, where do I go to see the application portal?

Does anyone know the difference between MSP3 and IMS? I got accepted into both and I'm not sure which one to do.

Completed on 3/29 and still waiting. Getting anxious but the website says to allow for 3-4 weeks for a decision.
some people heard back in like a week, I got accepted to LECOM but it's 100% online so USF is my #1 choice

some people heard back in like a week, I got accepted to LECOM but it's 100% online so USF is my #1 choice
I did see one person on this thread say they got in after a week. It looks like they applied pretty early which might be a contributing factor. I'm sure they've gotten more applicants as the months progress which may why they're taking longer.

Accepted yesterday! Posting my stats for future lurkers:
cGPA: 3.44 sGPA: 3.30 MCAT: 504

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Best of luck everyone!

Hi everyone! I was just accepted into the program and wanted to start a forum to connect with other students who have applied and are thinking about going. Also I would love to get feedback from students who have gone through the program!
Be prepared to work! It's a replica of the first year of med school. Definitely doable, but much more work than undergrad. Also I feel like a lot of people don't understand the weight of the program. A low-ish GPA in this program looks even worse than a low-ish undergrad GPA because it's meant to be just like the first year of med school and adcoms seeing you do poorly in this program basically lets them know that you will also do poorly/struggle in medical school. Always shoot for 3.6+!

Has anyone gotten accepted to the anatomy concentration and know the difference between the anatomy concentration and the msp3?

Hey guys! I'm finalizing my application but I am still confused about the statement of purpose.... is it the same as the personal statement??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know. Thanks!

Also! what did you guys submit for the writing sample. Sorry about all the questions! Appreciate any response. Thank you! :)

Hey guys! I'm finalizing my application but I am still confused about the statement of purpose.... is it the same as the personal statement??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know. Thanks!
During the virtual open house I asked this question and they said “tell us what your professional aspirations are and how the program can help you achieve them!”

I’d say it’s somewhat similar to personal statement in that you want to talk about why you want to go into med/dent/etc. However, you definitely want to talk about how this specific program is going to help you get there. Also a great opportunity to discuss any prior shortcomings and how you plan to overcome them.

Hello everyone, approximately how long did it take for you guys to get a decision either accepted or rejected?