Washington State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get any updates via portal or is it ONLY snail mail?

Members don't see this ad.

The only ones who haven't received emails/portal updates first about interview invites have been WICHE people. So yes, there are portal updates :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So does "All first round letters sent out" mean they are sending interview invites and/or deferrals of admission to everyone who applied? It makes it sound like everyone will be notified of SOMETHING.

Now it says they received my VMCAS application on 11/25....weird.

Reactions: 2 users
So basically tomorrow...but now the question is email or snail mail? some folks had interview invites via mail but i feel like thats a tad bit old school?

So basically tomorrow...but now the question is email or snail mail? some folks had interview invites via mail but i feel like thats a tad bit old school?
Most come over email, I think. The mail folks were all WICHE being notified that they had the option to interview.

Wait, you think only WICHE people were via snail mail? That would be killer if they emailed us!!!

WA and ID have definitely received email/portal updates first. And I think MT, too? No one from UT had posted, but I'd assume they did as well.

WICHE people have said their letters have said something around the lines of "you're accepted if you receive funding, otherwise we'd like to interview you as OOS," so I imagine that's why they haven't had portal updates with the news.

Last year OOS people who had invites had emails, so I imagine they will this year, too.

Hopefully you guys hear soon!

@PrincessButterCup, today and tomorrow would have been interview days for us if they had kept the original schedule.... :( haha

WA and ID have definitely received email/portal updates first. And I think MT, too? No one from UT had posted, but I'd assume they did as well.

WICHE people have said their letters have said something around the lines of "you're accepted if you receive funding, otherwise we'd like to interview you as OOS," so I imagine that's why they haven't had portal updates with the news.

Last year OOS people who had invites had emails, so I imagine they will this year, too.

@PrincessButterCup, today and tomorrow would have been interview days for us if they had kept the original schedule.... :( haha
Thanks for this info! So do you think we'll hear regardless if it's good or bad? They'll send interview invites as well as deferrals?

Members don't see this ad :)

:arghh:

I'm actually relieved we have more time. I haven't found interview clothes yet, or mentally prepared myself . . . though I do have a lab final tomorrow, and if I was interviewing I could reschedule it. That would be nice. :laugh:

Thanks for this info! So do you think we'll hear regardless if it's good or bad? They'll send interview invites as well as deferrals?

I think they sometimes do a second interview invite wave, if enough people decline their invitation. I don't think they send out rejections right away. In case they need to invite more people.

Or I read that for a different school, and WSU doesn't do it that way. I don't remember. Anyone else have an idea?

Reactions: 1 users
TODAY PEOPLE. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Reactions: 4 users
When I applied here two cycles ago, they sent out the invites via snail mail and that's when I got my rejection. It's nice to see that they sent out e-mails last year instead.

Trying to resist the urge to check my email every 5 minutes

That's exactly what I'm doing D: I've already started, now I can't stop haha.

Good luck everyone! :)

My gmail is linked to my phone and I don't know if that's an advantage or not. It means I don't have to constantly refresh my e-mail.... but it means I freak out a little on the inside if I get an e-mail...... lol. All the SDN e-mails are driving me crazy! lol.

If it's anything like Davis, they'll go out late tonight. Which is smart if you think about it - then people can't flood their phone lines.

If it's anything like Davis, they'll go out late tonight. Which is smart if you think about it - then people can't flood their phone lines.

search

Edit: Well, that was disappointing

I got my invite just after 3pm PST, so I think your theory is right.

Hope it's today guys!

Got an email newsletter from them just now and my heart skipped a beat when I saw WSU...that was disappointing :confused:

Reactions: 6 users
My gmail is linked to my phone and I don't know if that's an advantage or not. It means I don't have to constantly refresh my e-mail.... but it means I freak out a little on the inside if I get an e-mail...... lol. All the SDN e-mails are driving me crazy! lol.
Me too! Every time my phone dings for an email I frantically check! :p
My roommate applied to Dental school and they said December 1st.. they weren't kidding, she received her acceptance email at 12:02 AM! :sleep:

Hope we get the emails today!

I just got the newsletter too! This is driving me crazy!

Upon receiving the WSU newsletter. .

:eyebrow:

Reactions: 3 users
That dang newsletter.... I just had a heart attack

I didn't even get a newsletter lol, uh oh

Seriously...why would they do that?! ...Maybe they just wanted to make sure everyone read the newsletter :eyebrow:

Can someone just call them and ask how interview invites will be sent out? I would but I'm in class :whistle:

so i just called the admission office and she said "All letters will be in the mail today." And i clarified " So in the regular mail?" and she responded yes. So I guess we can put our phones down now and quietly stalk the mailman this week instead

so i just called the admission office and she said "All letters will be in the mail today." And i clarified " So in the regular mail?" and she responded yes. So I guess we can put our phones down now and quietly stalk the mailman this week instead

Wait, did you ask about emails too? My letter was dated and post marked the day before I got an email, so I don't think that necessarily means OOS won't get emails too.

I asked if first round letters were being delivered email, portal, or mail. And she responded mail.

maybe its both? because why would they said in states emails and not out of state, thats bizarre. But she said mail

And are we sure "first round letters" mean OOS interview invites?

Arghhh snail mail . . . I live in northern New England, so I'm just going to assume that any potential letter will be here in approximately a month!

:bang:

Fingers crossed for emails too!

And are we sure "first round letters" mean OOS interview invites?

not 100% sure but OOS interviews are scheduled to take place January 25th-29th so they have to tell us soon in order to book travel arrangements

not 100% sure but OOS interviews are scheduled to take place January 25th-29th so they have to tell us soon in order to book travel arrangements
Thanks for calling!

Our poor mailmen.

Got an email newsletter from them just now and my heart skipped a beat when I saw WSU...that was disappointing :confused:

Haha me too! My heart skipped especially because it had WSU Vet Med as the title. I was like 'Why is this happening today of all days???'

Got an email for an interview! OOS. Also, my portal was updated at the same time, I put my phone down after checking for the millionth time and it chimed for an email. I was like seriously give it a rest girl. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 11 users
I also got the dang newsletter email :confused: Checked my portal and it still says complete and under review. :xf::xf::xf::xf:

I am an AZ WICHE applicant. I never received a letter in the mail a few weeks ago when everyone else did. I just got an email that says I have been granted a personal interview and will receive details in a letter that will be sent in the mail shortly. :)

Reactions: 6 users
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!! Got my interview invite. OOS. Refreshed my email about 30 times in 2 minutes :banana:

Reactions: 5 users
My portal still says that my application is complete and is under review. :nailbiting:

Congrats to those that got an interview!!

Got an email for an interview! OOS. Also, my portal was updated at the same time, I put my phone down after checking for the millionth time and it chimed for an email. I was like seriously give it a rest girl. Good luck everyone!
Are you WICHE?

Just received an interview invite!

Reactions: 5 users