West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interviewed March 10th. Really hoping I can get in this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any thoughts to share about movement on the post interview decision deferred list? Grasping at straws and really hoping for something

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
As far as post interview decision deferred you and I are the only ones I have heard of that have this status. My interview was in November and I haven't heard a peep. I emailed admissions and they assured me this wasn't the wait list or alternate this and I need to keep waiting until the committee makes further decision on my app. At this point I'm just hoping to be put on the alternate list rather than this purgatory of decision deferredness, the waiting is killing me.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as post interview decision deferred you and I are the only ones I have heard of that have this status. My interview was in November and I haven't heard a peep. I emailed admissions and they assured me this wasn't the wait list or alternate this and I need to keep waiting until the committee makes further decision on my app. At this point I'm just hoping to be put on the alternate list rather than this purgatory of decision deferredness, the waiting is killing me.

+1 unfortunately I'm in the same boat

I think this school is done with interviews for this cycle, that said, I think the alternate list wount be as long as it has been before.....

I think this school is done with interviews for this cycle, that said, I think the alternate list wount be as long as it has been before.....

I think so too. I got a deferred decision pre-interview earlier today :(

What makes you say that? (The part about the alternate list)

WVSOM does have a reputation for getting people in off the wait list, especially late, so don't give up hope! But since it is so late, I would start preparing your application for next cycle and make sure you can get it in on the first day it opens. Good luck peeps.

WVSOM does have a reputation for getting people in off the wait list, especially late, so don't give up hope! But since it is so late, I would start preparing your application for next cycle and make sure you can get it in on the first day it opens. Good luck peeps.

Good advice. But tbh its still just a tad early in my opinion. If one has interviewed, and is on the alternate list, wait it out, WVSOM often rolls over as auto acceptances.

Good advice. But tbh its still just a tad early in my opinion. If one has interviewed, and is on the alternate list, wait it out, WVSOM often rolls over as auto acceptances.

It's definitely possible (I haven't heard of too many people who get a roll over acceptance, but apparently it happens). But you NEED to make sure your app is in on the first day the next cycle opens. Don't wait until July or August hoping for a previous cycle WVSOM acceptance or roll over. Get that baby going today, the cycle starts in a couple months. Use it to strengthen your app, maybe get a stronger letter of rec, and try to get some experience in healthcare (WVSOM seems to like students who have healthcare experience).

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if there is, considering that they have recently concluded interviews, they may just hold off and have the committee meet once and decide from that point forward, I think it may just be a more efficient use of their time because now they know they have bulk set of seats open, vs a set pool of applicants they interviewed/waitlisted...
How do you know that they're done interviewing people?

How do you know that they're done interviewing people?

That's what they told us during my interview day, that there was only one more interview day after us.

Does anyone know how match day went? Haven't seen any stats yet?

Yeh I interviewed recently and was placed on alternative list. Should I be happy to some degree? I am cautiously optimistic.
optimism is key. seems like the class has been full for quite some time! best of luck and let's hope for some movement.

Desperately waiting on decision deferred list movement..

So alternate list means those folks have been "accepted" just need the list to move.

Its been my experience folks on this list move a lot in May. Best wishes to you as well. Im gonna have a mini celebration.

so are you saying that this is different from the waitlist? or is it the same thing lol
Just got alternate listed as well. Remaining hopeful :)

Yeh I interviewed recently and was placed on alternative list. Should I be happy to some degree? I am cautiously optimistic.

so are you saying that this is different from the waitlist? or is it the same thing lol
Just got alternate listed as well. Remaining hopeful :)

What day did you guys interview? I interviewed on March 11th, I just checked my portal and I'm still on "decision pending". Starting to get a little worried lol.

My fault, I didn't know there was a 3/11 interview date.

You need to be more aware of the effects your posts have on neurotic premeds. You can't be spreading misinformation like that. Shame on you.

You need to be more aware of the effects your posts have on neurotic premeds. You can't be spreading misinformation like that. Shame on you.
I had to.
ImageUploadedBySDN1459447160.396184.jpg

Has anyone been offered acceptance off the alternate list yet?

^ I'm wondering the same thing. When did you interview?

Last edited:
Has anyone been offered acceptance off the alternate list yet?

I emailed admissions and they noted that there hasn't been movement off the alternate list since the second deposit deadline March 15th and she is unsure when they are meeting to fill possible vacancies. However, there is typically movement in May and June.

Last edited:
How do you know they have roughly 450 acceptances?

Hi guys! I interviewed on 2/4 and was placed on the alternate list. I received an acceptance yesterday, but the letter was dated 4/1. I did not receive a phone call or email, just the letter in the mail. So happy! Goodluck to everyone applying!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys! I interviewed on 2/4 and was placed on the alternate list. I received an acceptance yesterday, but the letter was dated 4/1. I did not receive a phone call or email, just the letter in the mail. So happy! Goodluck to everyone applying!

Congratulations! :D
EDIT: Was your online portal updated at all?

Congratulations! :D
EDIT: Was your online portal updated at all?

Thank you! Yes my portal was updated online and said status Accepted. It also had links to pay and all of the paperwork that needs to be completed.

Same! Was accepted today from the alternate list!

Anyone know if there has been any movement on the waitlist this week/recently?

Has anyone seen any movement from the decision deferred list? And, has anyone else's portal updated to show a Faculty & Staff Dashboard link?

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any movement from the decision deferred list? And, has anyone else's portal updated to show a Faculty & Staff Dashboard link?

What faculty/staff dashboard link? Im curious what if anything that meant