West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewing 11/18 anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

I wonder if answering neutrally about the rural stuff gets you the immediate axe. I'm not going to lie and pretend that I am 100% loving rural medicine. I am not against it or anything, I just wonder if they will be unimpressed if I am not all gung-ho about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if answering neutrally about the rural stuff gets you the immediate axe. I'm not going to lie and pretend that I am 100% loving rural medicine. I am not against it or anything, I just wonder if they will be unimpressed if I am not all gung-ho about it.
I don't think that will get you the axe... I was neutral in my answer (class 2018) and I was accepted. I declined because I got into a MD school that has lower tuition... But if the tuition were close, I would have accepted the offer... The tuition difference was too big to ignore, but I do regret not attending WVSOM because I believe the school was a perfect fit for me as opposed to the school I am attending now...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Received a "Deferred decision" email this morning. Better than an outright rejection, guess I can't complain!!

ii! Extremely grateful... this is really exciting and nerve racking at the same time :)

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks! Let's see...if letter receipt means complete, then that would be today. I submitted the initial secondary I believe on 8/13.

Then you were "complete" on 8/13. The email they send says that they wont tell you about letter receipt until an interview decision...which is weird but seems to be how they handled that with you.

Do you have a family member or friend who is a D.O.? ... well my friends brother graduated from WVSOM and i've talked to him about it... would this count?

Do you have a family member or friend who is a D.O.? ... well my friends brother graduated from WVSOM and i've talked to him about it... would this count?

Sounds like a friend to me!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't gotten one either. Hopefully they're still working on reviewing apps.

Secondary submit yesterday evening. For those with IIs, how long before you were complete or received an II?

Out of curiosity for those who got IIs are you IS/OOS? I'm OOS, fingers crossed to hear soon too! :)

OOS -- just got secondary. Verified through AACOMAS early June.

For those with II's or listed as complete, did you send your LOR's through AACOMAS?
The supplementa confirmation email that is automatically sent after you submit the secondary says "We have access to any letters of recommendation that were sent to Interfolio or Virtual Eval, even though they may not yet show on your checklist (application summary)." Is it safe to assume they have access to my LORs, or should I contact them?

I finally received a secondary! AACOMAS verified 7-12. OOS applicant (Maryland).

Is anyone else interviewing on 9/17? Trying to decide which airport to fly into, hotel etc...

Received and submitted the secondary today! Does anyone else's status say "Decision Deferred?" Also anyone interviewing submit LOR's through AACOMAS? Just curious if they were uploaded correctly for WVSOM as other school's have had issues with them.

upon getting an ii, it says i need to pay for the secondary fee immediately. How long will they give me?

i thought KCUMB had the best school website i had ever seen, but damn. WVSOM takes the cake. well done.

Reactions: 3 users
For those with II's or listed as complete, did you send your LOR's through AACOMAS?
The supplementa confirmation email that is automatically sent after you submit the secondary says "We have access to any letters of recommendation that were sent to Interfolio or Virtual Eval, even though they may not yet show on your checklist (application summary)." Is it safe to assume they have access to my LORs, or should I contact them?
+1

Couldn't make the September 15th/17th because of previous interviews so I'm in for October 12th :)

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, Angie confirmed it.

Just submitted my secondary but still waiting on my DO LoR. I called the doctor that I shadowed this morning but I am having a hard time getting in touch with him. It's been a month since he said that he would write me a letter. Hopefully I hear back from him soon because I would love to interview here.