Western U - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just saw a stats post that BabyDoc wrote for the DMU thread from her interview day, so I thought it would be nice to post one here from mine. This is for those people who are interested in this sort of thing.

For last cycle (2016 class), they had received...

4300 applications, 656 interviewed, 395 acceptances, for class of 220

On our interview day, they said that this year they have about 23% more applications than they did at this same time last year.

I hope this is useful for those with interviews coming up or waiting for IIs. Good luck!

very helpful. thanks! are the class statistics (gpa/mcat) on their website up to date?

Members don't see this ad.

very helpful. thanks! are the class statistics (gpa/mcat) on their website up to date?

They didn't really give us those statistics at the interview. I guess they assumed we don't care because we already got the interview. I don't think they're up to date, though. I read somewhere on SDN (so it's just a rumor) that the average for that class was .1 higher for the GPAs than is posted online and 1 point higher on the MCAT. Obviously I can't verify that, though. I hope you end up getting an interview!

They didn't really give us those statistics at the interview. I guess they assumed we don't care because we already got the interview. I don't think they're up to date, though. I read somewhere on SDN (so it's just a rumor) that the average for that class was .1 higher for the GPAs than is posted online and 1 point higher on the MCAT. Obviously I can't verify that, though. I hope you end up getting an interview!

I thought they said 3.5 and 28 were the averages but I might be mistaken.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else from 9/8 getting really anxious for our decision letters? I know it's only been a week, but it seems like longer.

Anyone else from 9/8 getting really anxious for our decision letters? I know it's only been a week, but it seems like longer.

+1. I'm checking the forums every couple hours/minutes for someone to receive an acceptance.

i knew a guy who got in and then chose not to go, but the reason i mention it is that he had a white coat from them and he said they gave it to him when he got in. do we get coats mailed to us if we're fortunate enough to get in???

i knew a guy who got in and then chose not to go, but the reason i mention it is that he had a white coat from them and he said they gave it to him when he got in. do we get coats mailed to us if we're fortunate enough to get in???

We got our white coat during orientation right before class started. So I'm guessing he must have gotten off a waitlist somewhere while he was at orientation. They don't mail you your white coat.

ok, that makes sense. i guess he didn't mention that part. but the thing is he ended up going nowhere and is now freaking out b/c he's applying again and he's not getting any interviews. thx for explaining.

ok, that makes sense. i guess he didn't mention that part. but the thing is he ended up going nowhere and is now freaking out b/c he's applying again and he's not getting any interviews. thx for explaining.
Ouch. That was one heck of a mistake. I can't imagine bearing that regret for the rest of my life. Did he ever say why he backed out at the last minute?

+1. I'm checking the forums every couple hours/minutes for someone to receive an acceptance.

yes! every time i check the mailbox its this whole dramatic event

Thank God I'm not the only one. Doesn't it trip you out that someone somewhere knows if we're accepted or not, but we don't? This is an epic game of patience.

Members don't see this ad :)
he remained somewhat of a mystery to me and i understand it's not going so well for him. i think he's had to start over, for a variety of reasons.... western seems like an incredible place and i'm sure he has strong regrets...

he remained somewhat of a mystery to me and i understand it's not going so well for him. i think he's had to start over, for a variety of reasons.... western seems like an incredible place and i'm sure he has strong regrets...

who are you talking about?

i'm sorry, this was directed at Deutsch Arzt. i should have indicated that.

Anyone else interviewing on 9/24? I've got a lot of time to kill in LA before my flight out after the interview, I think I also have some time the night before if anyone wants to get together!

Anyone else interviewing on 9/24? I've got a lot of time to kill in LA before my flight out after the interview, I think I also have some time the night before if anyone wants to get together!
You should hit the In-N-Out next to LAX on Sepulveda.

+1 I just had some for lunch and it reminded me that this might be the main reason why I want to stay in Cali. lol:D

I know I'm going to get yelled at for this, but I think in n out is just okay. I like Portillos (Mostly Chicago area) wayyyy better as a chain. I think I must have burnt out on in n out when I was younger.

+1 I just had some for lunch and it reminded me that this might be the main reason why I want to stay in Cali. lol:D

There is always Arizona! They have in and out too....

Hahaha nice me too.
LoL, word! Have you interviewed at any of them yet? I'm hoping to start getting invites next week or so. I'm so eager! I just want that one acceptance so I can rest assured I'm in, you know? Good luck. Maybe we'll interview together since we've applied to so many of the same schools. :)

LoL, word! Have you interviewed at any of them yet? I'm hoping to start getting invites next week or so. I'm so eager! I just want that one acceptance so I can rest assured I'm in, you know? Good luck. Maybe we'll interview together since we've applied to so many of the same schools. :)

Seriously! I have azcom tuesday and atsu next friday. Nothing from u of a yet except for their secondary.

I know I'm going to get yelled at for this, but I think in n out is just okay. I like Portillos (Mostly Chicago area) wayyyy better as a chain. I think I must have burnt out on in n out when I was younger.

I actually don't particularly like in and out either. For the fast food burger I really like Five Guys the most

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app, forgive my typos!

I actually don't particularly like in and out either. For the fast food burger I really like Five Guys the most

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile app, forgive my typos!

Ya it's definitely better than in n out. I can see that you were a solid choice for a pre-interview meetup involving food.

yikes,, next week is my fourth week since my app here was complete,,,,, hope i get an ii

god whether you exist or not please help me get an ii here,,,,,:)

Everyone is hating on in n out.
Personally, I would choose in n out over Five Guys everyday.

Everyone is hating on in n out.
Personally, I would choose in n out over Five Guys everyday.

In n out animal style for lunch,
five guys for dinner.

problem solved

LOL, what in the world has this thread turned into?! :laugh:

I think it's the opposite, actually, more of an Immodium AD kind of thing. LoL

Yeah, but that depends on how much mustard you spilled on the things... Until the digestive tract rids itself, there'll definitely be a fireball in the heinie, give or take, for sure.. :laugh:

Yeah, but that depends on how much mustard you spilled on the things... Until the digestive tract rids itself, there'll definitely be a fireball in the heinie, give or take, for sure.. :laugh:

Hah, that bolded part sums it up. :laugh:

//okay, for real, done derailing. will sit on sideline until I actually have something relevant to contribute. LoL

Rescheduled my interview for the 20th of October. How are you guys getting from Ontario Airport to your hotels? Taxi?

Rescheduled my interview for the 20th of October. How are you guys getting from Ontario Airport to your hotels? Taxi?

booked a flight, hotel, and rental car, altogether

P.S.: gonna be using LAX instead of ONT since it was a little bit cheaper in the flight tickets

LIFE IS GREAT just got ii

app complete 8/21

how do you know if its complete or not?
mine has been sitting on:
Application Status: Application Materials Received

since forever

how do you know if its complete or not?
mine has been sitting on:
Application Status: Application Materials Received

since forever

so was mine, then i got my act together and called the school to ask wasssuppp and they finally told me that mine went into a review the day before i called or something like that...

Congrats! mine's been complete around the same time too but so far haven't heard anything.

hang in there i think they can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks

just leave open their interview date

Just got a call about an interview! Didn't think that anybody actually called for this stuff!