WW: Mysterious Planet Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here are my suspicions in no particular order.

1) Nyanko: no info. Hasn't been mean or disdainful the whole game. The only game I remember her a wolf, she was very agreeable with me.

2) Wildcatj: An investigator who has never found out anything the whole game? that is either a really bad player, or a wolfie conversion.

3) trematode.

I previously thought varz might have been a vampire and resurrected devyn, but I think that is wrong now. Devyn was resurrected by varz on the same night that the vampire killed. I doubt the vampire could do both.
Varz could be a malevolent resurrector, but I have no reason to bellieve that. Only suspicion of varz is I can't google her role with the spelling she provided. (sorry if there is a sex conversion varz , i forgot who you are related to).

I am a guy, Trematode's boyfriend, so I am not sure Trematode would be too happy if I was a girl :)

Members don't see this ad.

tumblr_m5urw4vPsw1rp3757.gif

;)

A bit. :oops:
Now off to watch this parade that takes over my town on 4th of july. Seriously. We're ridiculous. You'd think it was Christmas here...I might check in on my phone but since I don't have a case yet, I'm protective of it. Haha.

I can't stop watching that guy.. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a guy, Trematode's boyfriend, so I am not sure Trematode would be too happy if I was a girl :)

You never know. Maybe she knows you're a girl and that's why she's keeping you around.. :smuggrin:

Ok so SOV and I have been working on figuring stuff out and piecing info together all morning. I think I found something. Way back at the beginning of the game Trematode told our group that she didn't have a super cool role of protecting or something that important. Later in the game, she told me and SOV that she could follow people on certain nights and protect on others. I had completely forgotten that she said earlier in the game that she couldn't protect until SOV and I decided to dig further back into stuff. Because of that, I no longer trust trematode.

lynch trematode

:eyebrow: I will most likely join this later if nothing else comes up on nyanko, but based on Trematode's voting, I'm just not sure she's a wolf. She actually started votes that got wolves killed and was a pretty early voter for wolves.... :confused:

:eyebrow: I will most likely join this later if nothing else comes up on nyanko, but based on Trematode's voting, I'm just not sure she's a wolf. She actually started votes that got wolves killed and was a pretty early voter for wolves.... :confused:

Hmmm. Maybe you're right with the voting patterns. We still have a little while. I'll keep thinking.

I have a tundra role, and am not anything special, but I do have the moon disc tonight as I have told varz and zany already, so if we have no investigators left, it might be important. I was trying to ask them who they wanted me to investigate, but since they didn't answer I'll put it out here. Hopefully I don't get killed tonight for saying this, but I figured if we might be close to losing I better just come out with that and ask for suggestions.

Here is the thinking on Trematode, and it may be all wrong and speculative.

Trem said her role is agloolik who protect on even nights and follow on odd nights in the tundra. She has been consistent with that...

She said at first her character was neutral, and later said it was good. When I checked on her character name it came back as benevolent, and I have been trusting her ever since.

Liss thought her saying she had a boring role to be disingenous.

I started thinking that a vampire might be a role with 2 names, and trems name could come back benevolent but she is a vampire.

And she is from the tundra.

And she has never successfully protected anyone that I know, and never found any information following anyone (I only know she followed sheepie and got back "at home"). But since her role shifts back and forth on tundra days .. she hasn't had many attempts.

On the night Krist died, I thought she was going to protect Krist.

It is all a lot of vague suspicions. Maybe we are getting paranoid, but the vampire is out there, and they are probably going to kill again tonight. I have focused my efforts on trying to uncover her.

and as for lynches, I assume the reason I look suspicious is because I voted late for wolves, but well, if it was an 8 am PST vote I sure wasn't getting in on the ground floor on that one considering I'm in PST and not inclined to wake up before 7-7:30. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
and as for lynches, I assume the reason I look suspicious is because I voted late for wolves, but well, if it was an 8 am PST vote I sure wasn't getting in on the ground floor on that one considering I'm in PST and not inclined to wake up before 7-7:30. :laugh:
what is your character's name?

And if your role isn't so important, why not tell us. We know most everyone else.

These answers will determine my lynch vote today.

What do you do with that because wikipedia makes you look like a bad guy.

It does say this though....

"They are sometimes helpful, sometimes fatally deceptive"
and
"The Ijirait are said to inhabit somewhere between two worlds; not quite inside this one, nor that one."

????? :confused:

What do you do with that because wikipedia makes you look like a bad guy.

I agree (when I checked wikipedia at the beginning as well), which is why I was hesitant to give the role. Best I can tell it was put as a neutral role because of this line: "They are sometimes helpful, sometimes fatally deceptive."

I have a chance of either blocking a player's actions or silencing them on tundra nights. I send the player and whether they're blocked or silenced is RNG'd.

Here are my suspicions in no particular order.

1) Nyanko: no info. Hasn't been mean or disdainful the whole game. The only game I remember her a wolf, she was very agreeable with me.

2) Wildcatj: An investigator who has never found out anything the whole game? that is either a really bad player, or a wolfie conversion.

3) trematode.

I previously thought varz might have been a vampire and resurrected devyn, but I think that is wrong now. Devyn was resurrected by varz on the same night that the vampire killed. I doubt the vampire could do both.
Varz could be a malevolent resurrector, but I have no reason to bellieve that. Only suspicion of varz is I can't google her role with the spelling she provided. (sorry if there is a sex conversion varz , i forgot who you are related to).

Erm, why do you know this? And why the heck would you out me as the LAST seer on the thread? There have only been 3-4 nights that have been in my landscape, and I have investigated innocent people every time. I wouldn't call it being a bad player, I would call it bad luck...

Erm, why do you know this? And why the heck would you out me as the LAST seer on the thread? There have only been 3-4 nights that have been in my landscape, and I have investigated innocent people every time. I wouldn't call it being a bad player, I would call it bad luck...
i didn't out you. It was disclosed waaaay early in the game.
you think the wolves aren't reading that?

So are any of these innocent people still alive? What did you find out. We need info.

During which landscape can you investigate in?

i didn't out you. It was disclosed waaaay early in the game.
you think the wolves aren't reading that?

So are any of these innocent people still alive? What did you find out. We need info.

I don't remember seeing this and I'm pretty sure I would have written it down. It is possible I missed it though.

Please complete this list for characters you know:

SOV - forest Phoenix - rebirth/ item investigation
Lissarae - swamp - buru-randomly block one player
trematode - tundra - follow
Emiloo - tundra - Ceridwen - send spell
Varz - tundra. Winalingis - resurrecion
devyn - swamp - singa - protective

packen - swamp - if packen is the role stealer, and she stole my role, that is the night my role was stolen.
Sheepdog - unknown night - talk to LIS
orca - desert - jackalope
wildcat - unknown night - abita
zany - tundra
nyanko - tundra - Ijirait

Ah, alright. I was probably more focused on figuring out if I was getting lynched and missed it. I'll take your word for it cause I'm heading back out again.

Happy 4th! Enjoy! :love:

Way back in the beginning I investigated SnS who was innocent. Second time I investigated Varz when he was under suspicion. Both of those two investigations were very early in the game. Then I investigated katie8, but she just turned up dead.

i just re-read it this morning. It was during the whole orca2000-wtf jackalope/wolf conversation.

Do you know what post that was? I remember someone coming forward with what my role was, but I don't remember anyone ever saying that I was a seer...

And I'm the desert investigator btw.

Sorry had to walk to the pet store to get dog bags which was the other town over....

Ok so SOV and I have been working on figuring stuff out and piecing info together all morning. I think I found something. Way back at the beginning of the game Trematode told our group that she didn't have a super cool role of protecting or something that important. Later in the game, she told me and SOV that she could follow people on certain nights and protect on others. I had completely forgotten that she said earlier in the game that she couldn't protect until SOV and I decided to dig further back into stuff. Because of that, I no longer trust trematode.

Yeah in the beginning of the game she stated that she thought she was fairly neutral as her role did not do much and in no way really helped the villagers. So if now she says her role is protective and investigative that is really off as if anyone got that role they would know off the bat that that was a good role.... so that sounds fishy to me.

I agree (when I checked wikipedia at the beginning as well), which is why I was hesitant to give the role. Best I can tell it was put as a neutral role because of this line: "They are sometimes helpful, sometimes fatally deceptive."

I have a chance of either blocking a player's actions or silencing them on tundra nights. I send the player and whether they're blocked or silenced is RNG'd.

These neutral roles are confusing TBH - I looked up Phil's Lab's role the other night and she sounded like a bad role as well and turned out to be neutral. I am not sure which roles are bad and which are neutral by going off the wiki description - could go either way.

packen - swamp - if packen is the role stealer, and she stole my role, that is the night my role was stolen.

Is role stealing a good role???? :confused:

wildcat - desert - abita
zany - tundra

lynch trematode

Ummm, I'm not telling anybody I do not trust on the first day my role.

I have lied about my role before in other games. In one case, the person I lied to turned out to be a wolf.

And I dont completely lie. I told someone in our group that I was able to protect someone that one night. Didn't want to risk telling a bloody wolf that I can protect someone every time it was tundra. That would be dumb so early in the game.

Also, Lissa, you just said this morning that you trusted me.

I can follow tonight. Nyanko was the one SOV asked me to follow.

I think something fishy is going on with SOV and Lissa. How the frig can two people jump around this much when I pretty much posted the role message I received from the mod?

If you all go to lynch me based on then two, investigate them two.

***lynch nyanko***

Catching up now. I have missed a lot of lynches in this game because of moving out of my flat, flying home (over 20 hours of travel total w/ no internet) and being a little distracted by being back home after 6 months. Last night hubby surprised me with guests, but that meant I couldn't get on at all last night.

lynch trematode

Here is the thinking on Trematode, and it may be all wrong and speculative.

Trem said her role is agloolik who protect on even nights and follow on odd nights in the tundra. She has been consistent with that...

She said at first her character was neutral, and later said it was good. When I checked on her character name it came back as benevolent, and I have been trusting her ever since.

Liss thought her saying she had a boring role to be disingenous.

I started thinking that a vampire might be a role with 2 names, and trems name could come back benevolent but she is a vampire.

And she is from the tundra.

And she has never successfully protected anyone that I know, and never found any information following anyone (I only know she followed sheepie and got back "at home"). But since her role shifts back and forth on tundra days .. she hasn't had many attempts.

On the night Krist died, I thought she was going to protect Krist.

It is all a lot of vague suspicions. Maybe we are getting paranoid, but the vampire is out there, and they are probably going to kill again tonight. I have focused my efforts on trying to uncover her.

With less than 25 min left I think this is as good an idea as any right now. Will be here for the next 25 min, so will check in before voting though

wildcat - unknown night - abita
zany - tundra

I am a Wild Elf, neutral character that has the ability to steal roles on swamp nights. I have been open to everyone I have trusted about this...but that has been a total of 4 people. Somewhat disappointed that this was publicly mentioned because it is a great way to investigate people to see if they are who they say they are.

Last swamp cycle I DID NOT steal your role though. I tried to steal Cuit's to investigate her and see if she had been converted, but it didn't work. Also, the response from the mods was not the same type of response I received when I had my role blocked in the past (who turned out to be a wolf).

Is role stealing a good role???? :confused:

I have seen it in a lounge game and it was a villager role.

Packen told the leaders that she stole cuit's role but was unsuccessful which is what happened when she tried to steal other wolf roles. However, it then came out that SOV had his role stolen. I don't know if there are 2 players that can steal roles but I doubt they would be able to steal on the same night. There are soooo many people I am suspicious of and think are lying. I just don't know which of them to vote for.

3 attacks in the desert last night.
I have to vote for a desert creature, for now.

sheeps (unknown region), wildcat or orca....

If it's wildcat, I think she was converted (based on voting patterns)
Orca's voting pattern is consistent with a wolf (but most likely a converted one as well)
I don't have tons of info on sheeps voting pattern, but very possibly a wolf for the votes I do have....

:confused::confused::confused:

I have seen it in a lounge game and it was a villager role.

Packen told the leaders that she stole cuit's role but was unsuccessful which is what happened when she tried to steal other wolf roles. However, it then came out that SOV had his role stolen. I don't know if there are 2 players that can steal roles but I doubt they would be able to steal on the same night. There are soooo many people I am suspicious of and think are lying. I just don't know which of them to vote for.

Oh ok - good to know... never seen it before

How is it possible that 2 players roles were stolen on the same night?

Well I know I'm not a wolf, I would assume sheeps has desert action, but he's obviously known my role for a long time, and I haven't ended up dead yet. So I guess Lynch Orca? God this is a tough one...

Oh ok - good to know... never seen it before

How is it possible that 2 players roles were stolen on the same night?

Someone has got to be lying there...