WWe Ain't Afraid of No Ghosts - Signups + GAME thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lynch FS

This is a bad idea guys. I think there's some condition before we can kill FS.
I agree that there's something special we need. What's your guess for what it is, and how we can accomplish it?

My concern is that if we run out of Ghostbusters before we figure it out, we lose. Presumably my clock is already ticking.

Members don't see this ad.

If there really is only one wolf then I doubt a second lynch will work. There are so many other conditions that could be required first, but we won't know until we try I guess.

Lynch FS

(Villagers that have delayed death and only one [plus convert] wolf? There must be something else going on or our mods are crazy.)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking lynch off the ghosts, but it doesn't work because it would take 4 days to catch up and then you perpetually have the ghost from the night before.

I can't make it work.

Is there something else that could be keeping Gozer alive? Anybody have a hint from an item or their role?

I've had nothing but genny talking to me all game. She moved all the people she thought had roles or a way to help to Staten Island so you guys could talk and figure this out.

Go. Do her proud!

I was thinking lynch off the ghosts, but it doesn't work because it would take 4 days to catch up and then you perpetually have the ghost from the night before.

I can't make it work.

Is there something else that could be keeping Gozer alive? Anybody have a hint from an item or their role?

I've had nothing but genny talking to me all game. She moved all the people she thought had roles or a way to help to Staten Island so you guys could talk and figure this out.

Go. Do her proud!

I had been talking to STL before she moved me. :yeahright:

STL thought DVMD would be a good wolf convert because she was cleared in early game. He wanted me to bring her up when we got down to ~10 players left. Whoever has the affiliation item might look into her if FS's lynch doesn't work today.

WqN9wAE.jpg

Gozer
: Sub-creatures! Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, the Traveller has come! Choose and perish!
Stantz: What do you mean, choose? We don't understand!
Gozer: Choose! Choose the form of the Destructor!
Venkman: Oh, I get it. Real cute! [to the others] Whatever we think of— if we think of J. Edgar Hoover, J. Edgar Hoover will appear and destroy us, okay? So empty your heads, don't think of anything. We've only got one shot at this.
Gozer: The choice is made!
Venkman: Whoa! Hold on!
Gozer: The Traveller has come!

Lynch Closed!

Reactions: 1 user
Terrified and desperate the denizens of New York try to figure out the form of their destruction. As they huddle together awaiting their doom they hear, “Thump. Squee, Thump-Thump, Squee!” The sound is deafening and seems to come from everywhere. Finally, after a really, really long time the rotting corpse of @StartingoverVet's dead body ascends the stairs and beats @lhmhtd (NYC Citizen - Villager) to death.

walkerdead.jpg

Night Deadline is 9am Eastern.

It is now Night 9. *13* players.

Manhattan
4. @Flim Flam Man

Queens - CONDEMNED

Brooklyn
9. @LadyOtheFarm
11. @Animal Midwife

The Bronx
13. @Saki Nishibi
15. @StartingoverVet

Staten Island
17. @DVMDream
18. @LetItSnow
19. @allyphoe
21. @Devastating
14. @dyachei
7. @PrincessButterCup
8. @Mad Jack
3. @Frozenshades

Dead and Gone

16. Ceke2002 - NYC citizen/ghost
23. TheGreatCornholio - NYC citizen/ghost
20. Zensing – Dr. Jillian Holtz/ghost
2. katashark – Dr. Egon Spengler/ghost
1. Cyndia - NYC citizen/ghost

22 Teepster87 – NYC citizen/Ghost WOLF
6. SummerTheLynx - NYC citizen/ghost
5. Jilary - NYC citizen/ghost

12. genny - Winston Zeddemore - Ecto-1 Driver
10. lhmhtd - NYC citizen

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At the Tulsa State Fair today, they had a couple of adorable newborn goats, one of whom was being held by a vet student. I asked her what breed they were, because the mamas looked Nubian-ish, but had horns, and the poor vet student was like, "Um, I did have one class on goats, but they didn't teach us how to identify breeds..."

At the Tulsa State Fair today, they had a couple of adorable newborn goats, one of whom was being held by a vet student. I asked her what breed they were, because the mamas looked Nubian-ish, but had horns, and the poor vet student was like, "Um, I did have one class on goats, but they didn't teach us how to identify breeds..."
Lol that would so be me

A little more description and I can probably help you.
Nubians technically grow horns, but we normally disbud them as babies. So it is possible. Dairy goats normally cannot be shown with horns, so if she was being shown, that would cut it down.

Long ears and rounded nose with horns would make me think Boer goat. They are a meat breed, very commonly shown and in some cases are allowed to be shown with horns since fewer producers disbud them. (I think 4H still doesn't allow more than scurs) If the goats were white and brown (especially brown on the head and white everywhere else) this would be most likely.

There are also experimentals (purposeful crosses) like mini nubians and all sorts of others, so a little more description would narrow it down.

Yeah, when I'd thought about it some, Boer was my guess, too. There are a couple of Boer herds showing at the fair every year. Not much dairy (cow or goat) in Oklahoma.

My parents had Nubians when I was little, so they're the best goats in my book.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, when I'd thought about it some, Boer was my guess, too. There are a couple of Boer herds showing at the fair every year. Not much dairy (cow or goat) in Oklahoma.

My parents had Nubians when I was little, so they're the best goats in my book.
I have 8 Nubians right now! I have had Boers, Kikos, Alpines, and some Saanan cross. If I ever went back to meat goats, I'd get Kikos again. Hubby wants a Saanan buck just so he can look at the goofy face.
They can be very noisy, but mostly when they want fed or loved on. Mine are pretty quiet since they free range all day. (Except for being in heat the last few days.)

Sorry for derailing the thread. Back to your regularly scheduled program.
20160703_204251.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
A few proton beams were exchanged but everyone seems to be intact.

Until we bring you to the scene in the Bronx. @Saki Nishibi 's corpse (NYC citizen and vanillager) was found in her kitchen and her ghost is nowhere in sight :( A triumphant maniacal laugh is heard....goosebumps for all :scared:

Lynch Deadline is 10pm Eastern.

It is now Day 10. *12* players.

Manhattan
4. @Flim Flam Man

Queens - CONDEMNED

Brooklyn
9. @LadyOtheFarm
11. @Animal Midwife

The Bronx
15. @StartingoverVet

Staten Island
17. @DVMDream
18. @LetItSnow
19. @allyphoe
21. @Devastating
14. @dyachei
7. @PrincessButterCup
8. @Mad Jack
3. @Frozenshades

Dead and Gone

16. Ceke2002 - NYC citizen/ghost
23. TheGreatCornholio - NYC citizen/ghost
20. Zensing – Dr. Jillian Holtz/ghost
2. katashark – Dr. Egon Spengler/ghost
1. Cyndia - NYC citizen/ghost

22 Teepster87 – NYC citizen/Ghost WOLF
6. SummerTheLynx - NYC citizen/ghost
5. Jilary - NYC citizen/ghost
12. genny - Winston Zeddemore - Ecto-1 Driver
10. lhmhtd - NYC citizen
13. Saki Nishibi - NYC citizen

So...last night I received an item (blade of vengeance?) that would allow a kill attempt. I used it on FS, but failed and the item was lost. Not entirely sure if it was due to item failure rate or FS kill condition, but I would guess the latter.

Last night I received an item that would let me ask a mechanics related question to the mods.

Asked.. "What needs to occur in order for FS to be lynched or killed?"

I'd tell you the answer, but, oh yeah, some twatcruncher blocked me. :mad:

### lynch pbc ###

Based on no info. I will be in the car for 5 hours this afternoon. Will waffle if I can and if someone has info.

Sorry mods I haven't been participating much

Now 3, admittedly removed 1 based on their vote in the first FS lynch so not a strong reason to remove that person but better than nothing.

ok so...

thoughts on how to kill FS. Do we need to find the keymaster?
that just unlocks more trouble right.

We need to cross the streams. I don't know how that is accomplished in this game, but i guess the ghostbusters have the proton blasters.... they need to figure out what the equivalent of that is when they use them. And probably ALL of them have to do it.

that just unlocks more trouble right.

We need to cross the streams. I don't know how that is accomplished in this game, but i guess the ghostbusters have the proton blasters.... they need to figure out what the equivalent of that is when they use them. And probably ALL of them have to do it.
it does, but they can't defeat him before the bad **** happens, right?

lynch PBC

She voted to lynch me in the FS lynch even though others were saying it was a bad idea.

<edit: corrected PBC to FS>

Last edited:
it does, but they can't defeat him before the bad **** happens, right?
Yeah... that bad **** already happened. Yesterday when we lynched FS we "chose our destructor", which in the movie was the stay puff marshmallow man, and in this game is some ridiculous caricature of a very well beloved and respected SDN member. :)

I would think all the conditions from the movie are already met. As far as game conditions? :shrug:

Yeah... that bad **** already happened. Yesterday when we lynched FS we "chose our destructor", which in the movie was the stay puff marshmallow man, and in this game is some ridiculous caricature of a very well beloved and respected SDN member. :)

I would think all the conditions from the movie are already met. As far as game conditions? :shrug:

You're welcome.

MJ's been playing really low-key this game, but that also seems to be a new normal for him. I don't have many feels there.

I was assuming that was an announcement that your new role was our destructor. Are you saying you are still just a village ghost?

I was assuming that was an announcement that your new role was our destructor. Are you saying you are still just a village ghost?
That's my question, too - there are reasons that SOV is being treated as still village?

Lynch Dy

Cross referencing my feels with the list DVMD posted a bit back. Nothing terribly solid.

That's my question, too - there are reasons that SOV is being treated as still village?
I don't think the mods would use him in a write up the way they did if he was. I think it was just flair.