WWintry WWildlife - 6th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also why did @holdthemayo die if it says RNG one person :(
RIP

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To avoid being called "Uncle" in the future, let the record show that I am a humble 20something years old

If anyone was confused about me saying I'm a 30 year veteran, this game was invented in a Russian psychology classroom in 1986. Do some math.
IMG_20191214_112323.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To avoid being called "Uncle" in the future, let the record show that I am a humble 20something years old

If anyone was confused about me saying I'm a 30 year veteran, this game was invented in a Russian psychology classroom in 1986. Do some math.
You're like 12

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users
I'm still mad about the eriyo lynch tbh... we really did the work for you guys!
Haha yeah, I still don't understand how it happened. I wasn't a target at all, and then suddenly 1h before lynch deadline and everyone is targeting me, lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Also shout out to @acanthuroidei who upgraded a wolf way more than villagers and kept trying to upgrade her again and again! It always happens, but it was you this game :laugh: love you mason buddy!
Who did acanth try to upgrade the last two nights when she was blocked and then killed? Spreadsheet doesn’t say

Also @Sunshine in a Storm sorry you wound up getting my most random restriction idea - I was tired, running out the door to work, and your name made me think of baby sun. And wolfchat encouraged it instead of telling me I was insane. So :shrug:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Who did acanth try to upgrade the last two nights when she was blocked and then killed? Spreadsheet doesn’t say
Ah, some of the cells are hidden for ease of viewing as players died. Just unhid them, she tried to upgrade WS, which would have given her double voting power.

Also @Sunshine in a Storm sorry you wound up getting my most random restriction idea - I was tired, running out the door to work, and your name made me think of baby sun. And wolfchat encouraged it instead of telling me I was insane. So :shrug:
Can confirm- she posted it as a joke in wolfchat and @Coopah immediately said “noted”

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
At this point, my biggest three wolf reads are MrsDrDr, Alissa, and Doktor. I’ll eat my hat if there isn’t at least one wolf among those three.
Oh, well... 1/3, at least?

I’m kicking myself for not pushing BigCats more yesterday when I threw a lynch vote on her.

And Diff... honestly played so damn well and was so helpful that she was never a serious wolf contender in mind. So amazing job there.

That reminds me, sorry @acanthuroidei for pocketing you!! Hope you can forgive me for using you as my villager cred all game!

contingency lynch bigcats

I’d like to put a little pressure on people who haven’t gotten probed at too much and have flown under the radar in terms of lynch votes. I realize that Eriyo cleared her as villager but I’m not convinced that a conversion might not have happened at some point. May have been using and defending acanth so strongly to gain more village cred when she died and flipped village? I don’t know.
Ugh, I even mentioned her pocketing acanth as a means to gain villager cred and still let her talk me out of the vote. Whyyyyyy.

(EDIT: actually, I’m pretty sure she never was cleared as a villager; just vouched for by acanth and maybe someone else)

Just frustrated with how poorly I played most of this game. I enjoyed it, for sure, but it bothers me that I didn’t actually seriously start getting things together until endgame because I’m not more committal/confident in my votes and am always doubting every move and read and post I make. I feel like the only real reasons I made it to the end were that I was probably less of a lynch suspect for having already died a villager and then being rezzed, I was probably less of a target for wolves for having claimed vanilla, and I made so many dumb mistakes and such terrible reads that I could be nothing but a stupid villager :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
I just want it on the record that every good decision my manatee made, she made entirely on her own, and there were a lot of them :love:

And I did not put her up to that comment about being ok with a chaos win, but I was very proud.

Good job @WonderingStudent ! And to all the rest of the new players :)
Thanks, Pippy!!! You were an amazing mentor. Thanks for all the advice and for caring so much! :love:
Also remember to go see Star Wars so you can actually read the spoilers the mods and myself put in the PM.

I still think it's so much better for chaos to win instead of the wolves. The wolves were our objective. If we kill all of the wolves, then village should still win. :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Oh, well... 1/3, at least?

I’m kicking myself for not pushing BigCats more yesterday when I threw a lynch vote on her.

And Diff... honestly played so damn well and was so helpful that she was never a serious wolf contender in mind. So amazing job there.

Aw, thanks! My strategy was to try and play things as close to as I played as a villager as possible- I just withheld some of my suspicions as well as some thoughts that would help villagers too much. But I do feel bad for leading you and wondering on like that!

I’m so sorry!!! I was so mad to be converted, because I didn’t want to turn on my villager friends...
Let the record show I tried to protect you N3 when the night cancel occurred and almost protected you N5 (the night you were attacked by Grad; literally posted to protect you in my PM, then decided like 20 mins before night close that I should change to acanth). I mean it was good because acanth would have died that night and we were able to catch Grad but freaking conversion.

Let the record show I tried to protect you N3 when the night cancel occurred and almost protected you N5 (the night you were attacked by Grad; literally posted to protect you in my PM, then decided like 20 mins before night close that I should change to acanth). I mean it was good because acanth would have died that night and we were able to catch Grad but freaking conversion.

It wouldn’t have mattered- I was converted on lynch close, as gradus had the ability to convert one person on their lynch bandwagon and tried me for a third time then. :( I honestly thought I’d avoided being converted until that end-of-day pm.

Tbh I have no idea :rofl:
Maybe @Trilt knows
It's rather obscure.

Orff are a fictional alien race from a really odd book in the Animorphs series. They're mostly translucent, and the role is basically to make someone "invisible" on the roster, so actions performed on them actually happen on the person below. I think I may have used something similar in Rick & Morty, too, but Kara used the name from my Animorphs sheet for maximum confusion. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
It's rather obscure.

Orff are a fictional alien race from a really odd book in the Animorphs series. They're mostly translucent, and the role is basically to make someone "invisible" on the roster, so actions performed on them actually happen on the person below. I think I may have used something similar in Rick & Morty, too, but Kara used the name from my Animorphs sheet for maximum confusion. :laugh:

It's what you called it in my noob game

EDIT: actually, I’m pretty sure she never was cleared as a villager; just vouched for by acanth and maybe someone else
Wolfie!
Not sure if cats even realized how thoroughly she had pocketed roid but she ~worked~ that PM with Wolfie lol

Wolfie!
Not sure if cats even realized how thoroughly she had pocketed roid but she ~worked~ that PM with Wolfie lol

This reminds me, nooblets be careful what you say in PMs as you may be talking with a wolf. It's not a great idea to role reveal too quickly. You need more time to suss out your feelings on that person and even if they feel village, it's good to keep your role tight. PMs can be a great place to reveal to a limited number of people to try to move a lynch off you though.

This goes for vanilla too. If you reveal you're vanilla that's one less person wolves have to work through to get to the important roles (PRs)

Reactions: 6 users
Ugh, I even mentioned her pocketing acanth as a means to gain villager cred and still let her talk me out of the vote. Whyyyyyy.

(EDIT: actually, I’m pretty sure she never was cleared as a villager; just vouched for by acanth and maybe someone else)

Just frustrated with how poorly I played most of this game. I enjoyed it, for sure, but it bothers me that I didn’t actually seriously start getting things together until endgame because I’m not more committal/confident in my votes and am always doubting every move and read and post I make. I feel like the only real reasons I made it to the end were that I was probably less of a lynch suspect for having already died a villager and then being rezzed, I was probably less of a target for wolves for having claimed vanilla, and I made so many dumb mistakes and such terrible reads that I could be nothing but a stupid villager :laugh:
I kept shifting the blame to other people by saying "well I mean that's not necessarily a villager move, a wolf could've done it to get villager cred too" while hoping no one would call me out on my utter and complete hypocrisy :rofl: I thought you played well!! Your reads lists were solid and logical- just don't let a wolf convince you to ignore your gut ;)

Wolfie!
I really wasn't too sure if I had either of them pocketed at all or if they were both secretly deeply suspicious of me, so I used the bird messenger that Wolfie had meant to send to acanth but got RNG'd to me to talk to both of them at once. Which turned out to be a great choice, since I got to find out all of the items Wolfie had already made, learn that she was making a healing potion for diff (which is why we didn't block or kill Wolfie the night that diff got converted- we wanted Wolfie and everyone else to think that the healing potion had arrived in time to save diff even though we already knew she'd be converted before night-end), and also learn that acanth had upgraded AFF (she thought to seer since Eriyo had already died, I guess neither of us knew that AFF was already healer, so that's why we killed AFF that night instead and were very surprised to find we'd actually found someone with a power lol). But I was absolutely terrified of acanth talking directly to me in private, since I really did not want to have to reconcile the fact I'd already told Wolfie I was a vanillager with the fact that acanth had given me an upgrade and wanted to know what it did to me, so I """went outside""" for a few hours and fortunately the day closed hours early that day so I had an excuse not to respond to acanth saying she thought I was the protector lol. PMing is super stressful but we got a lot of info out of it we wouldn't have otherwise!

I really wasn't too sure if I had either of them pocketed at all or if they were both secretly deeply suspicious of me, so I used the bird messenger that Wolfie had meant to send to acanth but got RNG'd to me to talk to both of them at once. Which turned out to be a great choice, since I got to find out all of the items Wolfie had already made, learn that she was making a healing potion for diff (which is why we didn't block or kill Wolfie the night that diff got converted- we wanted Wolfie and everyone else to think that the healing potion had arrived in time to save diff even though we already knew she'd be converted before night-end), and also learn that acanth had upgraded AFF (she thought to seer since Eriyo had already died, I guess neither of us knew that AFF was already healer, so that's why we killed AFF that night instead and were very surprised to find we'd actually found someone with a power lol). But I was absolutely terrified of acanth talking directly to me in private, since I really did not want to have to reconcile the fact I'd already told Wolfie I was a vanillager with the fact that acanth had given me an upgrade and wanted to know what it did to me, so I """went outside""" for a few hours and fortunately the day closed hours early that day so I had an excuse not to respond to acanth saying she thought I was the protector lol. PMing is super stressful but we got a lot of info out of it we wouldn't have otherwise!
Oh yeah, afflac did get the seer upgrade, he just never got to use it since he died. All upgrades were one time use which I'm not sure roid realized initially.

Also there were several very bizarre coincidences in what I said to @Wolfie<3 that I genuinely didn't have any clue about when I said them- during the mayor PM on the first day, she asked me what item I thought would be the most useful, and I said an ability seeing device, not knowing that that was what Wolfie had sent out the night prior and didn't know who the recipient was! Also, when I was trying to suggest new item functions, one of the ones I suggested was binoculars, which is the exact item that diff had already gotten to seer Wondering and which I only learned about after we'd already converted diff and I was shaking her down for all of the info she had lol. Weird coincidences that were genuinely not wolfy but I'm sure didn't exactly help my case :p

Oh yeah, afflac did get the seer upgrade, he just never got to use it since he died. All upgrades were one time use which I'm not sure roid realized initially.
***I*** also didn't realize that initially lol

• Haha
***I*** also didn't realize that initially lol

Yeah, this lead to a lot of confusion initially, since you were convinced acanth's abilities were permanent - but that would mean there were *3* different sources of abilities out there...

Also, is there a reason bigcats got to choose their upgrade when nobody else did? Just curious.

Also, is there a reason bigcats got to choose their upgrade when nobody else did? Just curious.
Anyone who was upgraded and had an ability got to choose something that was a natural extension of their existing ability. There was actually some mod debate about whether we should have required that cats choose a nighttime upgrade, but it didn't end up mattering.

Those who had used up their abilities or were always vanilla automatically got a double vote - because a vanillager's greatest weapon is their lynch vote :)

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
That reminded me too that your first lynch of the game was not actually a vanillager - or at least wouldn't always have been. Sunbodi was a seer apprentice and would have had a limited number of seer attempts after Eriyo died. They just didn't know it yet.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users