-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Has anyone heard from Oregon?
Started by Crazy Hippos
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I sent them an email the first week of October to confirm my package's receipt and was told that yes, they have it.
Other than that, haven't heard anything.
They're very friendly though--if you aren't sure they got the packet, pop them an email or a quick phone call. They've responded to all my "dumb" questions within 24 hours at the absolute latest. I think Holly Bell is the one you need to ask.
Other than that, haven't heard anything.
They're very friendly though--if you aren't sure they got the packet, pop them an email or a quick phone call. They've responded to all my "dumb" questions within 24 hours at the absolute latest. I think Holly Bell is the one you need to ask.
Yeah me too. I emailed to check up on my application materials. They replied within a day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an email from Oregon State today letting me know my application is complete.
They only interview in-state students right? Has anyone seen statistics on how many students applied etc?
They only interview in-state students right? Has anyone seen statistics on how many students applied etc?
I got a confirmation email from them this morning saying the process is starting! yay.
Good Luck to all of you! Oregon is another WICHE school, I would have applied, but they require animal nutrition and it is not offered at my school and I did not have the $ to take it elsewhere. I wish all of you the best of luck!! 

I received an email from Oregon State today letting me know my application is complete.
They only interview in-state students right? Has anyone seen statistics on how many students applied etc?
Correct, only in-state students are interviewed.
Oregon scared the crap out of me today! I got home after being away for the holidays, and there's this skinny little white envelope sitting in my mailbox. I thought for sure it was a rejection--completely forgot they sent out hard copies of the "application complete" letter!
My heartbeat still hasn't slowed down. Jeez!
My heartbeat still hasn't slowed down. Jeez!
Good to know they finally got those out!
Congrats!! Were you in-state or out?
Congrats!! Were you in-state or out?
Thanks! I'm OOS from Arizona!
zuneski - were you a WICHE applicant?
cheers
Yes, I did apply for WICHE but I'm pretty sure at this point that I didn't get the WICHE funding. :/ Not completely sure though.
Anyone have any insider info on what's going on in Oregon??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oregon is interviewing in staters this week actually. Out of staters - I don't know. I've heard all sorts of things about when they accept/reject out of state students.
OK-I just have to throw this out there to see if anyone has any new info...
Anyone know what the status of OOS applications are? Any new acceptances received since the first wave? Any wait-lists or rejections?? I'm dying here!!
Also, congrats to all in-staters who had interviews last week! Hope they all went smoothly!
Anyone know what the status of OOS applications are? Any new acceptances received since the first wave? Any wait-lists or rejections?? I'm dying here!!
Also, congrats to all in-staters who had interviews last week! Hope they all went smoothly!
<p>I called Friday and they are going through our OOS applications and will notify us by late March. That's all the info I got. So basically wait in agony for another month. ;-)</p>
Thanks so much for calling Oilidigigoat! Was getting stressed out enough that I was about to do it myself!
Waiting in agony right along with you!
Waiting in agony right along with you!I have an update for those of you still waiting to hear. OSU started sending e-mails last week, so I hope everyone in here finds out what their status is soon! I was placed on the OOS alternate list 🙁
So on a similar note... anyone accepted planning to decline?? 😀
So on a similar note... anyone accepted planning to decline?? 😀
So, I just talked to Holly Bell, (SOOOOOO nice) and she told me they are doing applications in batches so they've sent out some acceptances, some waitlists and some rejections. She's e-mailing those who get acceptances but those with rejections get only snail mail because its less painful.
Also, they hope to be done with everything by the end of March AND if you guys ever want to contact Holly, she says you should feel free, either by e-mail or by phone. SOOOO Nice.
Best of luck to all!!
Also, they hope to be done with everything by the end of March AND if you guys ever want to contact Holly, she says you should feel free, either by e-mail or by phone. SOOOO Nice.
Best of luck to all!!
Any news from Oregon today??
why don't you just call?
why don't you just call?
Because I've called and e-mailed so many times already I am sure Holly has a filter on just for me!!
Because I've called and e-mailed so many times already I am sure Holly has a filter on just for me!!
then try and wait patiently. 🙂 i know it's hard, but starting multiple threads/posting on different threads, asking if anyone has heard from oregon daily, won't speed up the process. we are all in this together. unfortunately some schools send out notifications really early while others send out notifications really late. it's definitely irritating and stressful, but it'll work out! good luck. you'll find out something soon enough!
then try and wait patiently. 🙂 i know it's hard, but starting multiple threads/posting on different threads, asking if anyone has heard from oregon daily, won't speed up the process. we are all in this together. unfortunately some schools send out notifications really early while others send out notifications really late. it's definitely irritating and stressful, but it'll work out! good luck. you'll find out something soon enough!
I was under the impression that mystic had already heard, and now is desperate to know if s/he'll get called off the waitlist, and that's what all the questions are about.
I was under the impression that mystic had already heard, and now is desperate to know if s/he'll get called off the waitlist, and that's what all the questions are about.
You're right lol I'm trying to find out if people have heard and are planning to turn down their offer
I was under the impression that mystic had already heard, and now is desperate to know if s/he'll get called off the waitlist, and that's what all the questions are about.
lol i didn't know, but i just remember seeing the username asking about oregon state a lot. 🙂 either way...be patient mystic, stressing out and over-posting to find out if someone is giving up their seat at oregon isn't going to do much. there is a "turned down offers" thread and if anyone on here turns down an Oregon State offer, they'll more than likely let you know on there. not to mention there is a small OSU population represented on here so if things DO change, you might not know from this forum anyway. simma down now. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me too. oh well.
me too. oh well.
So sorry cowgirla. Don't worry, OK is way better than Oregon anyhow 😛
haha yeah, not exactly heartbroken. OK would have won anyway
for all of you waiting to hear from OSU about getting off the alternate list, my advisor says we might be hearing back by the end of the month! thought it might bring comfort to some of you 🙂
Thanks for the update. Are you an undergrad at OSU? Did your advisor say why he/she thought is would be by the end of the month?
Thanks for the update. Are you an undergrad at OSU? Did your advisor say why he/she thought is would be by the end of the month?
Yeah, I'm an undergrad at OSU. He just said they seem to be processing things faster this year!
I'm on the waitlist too and have not heard anything either. You can try e-mailing Holly, I already did about 3 weeks ago and still no news.
She's nice but I haven't found her helpful at the least. I get only vague answers to my questions. I've read posts from other people that are on the waitlist at other schools and they give them regular updates, tell them their rank, etc. Makes OSU look sort of amateurish.
She's nice but I haven't found her helpful at the least. I get only vague answers to my questions. I've read posts from other people that are on the waitlist at other schools and they give them regular updates, tell them their rank, etc. Makes OSU look sort of amateurish.
I agree with you. Even though people on the alternate list are not ranked, I wish we were at least told how many people are on the actual list or something about the waitlist being reviewed. I e-mailed Holly about it and she seemed mad at me for wanting to know if they had even started the reviewing process!!! I know of at least 3 OOS students who turned down their positions so there HHHAAAASSS to be something going on. It's stupid they don't say anything like its a big secret.


I can tell you that they still have at least one more student listed as incoming than we have in our class. All schools overfill, knowing that people will end up backing out. So, it's likely that at least 2 more people will need to give up their spots before they start pulling people off the waitlist. But, there is still lots of time for that to happen...classes here don't start till mid-september. So don't give up hope.
I know the process is frustrating, but keep in mind that Holly is new to this position this year...the woman who had been doing it for years retired. She's actually super nice. It's against their policy to tell you more than you've already been told.
I'm a member of the class of 2013, so I've been through the process before...we're on the quarter system, so things move on a different timeline here. All universities, not just vet schools, accept more than they actually have room for because people end up accepting other offers. Be patient though--lots of people in my class came off the waitlist, myself and my roommate included. Like I said before, classes here don't start till mid-September...and they can call you off the waitlist right up until that start date. Just in case, though, I'd start figuring out a back-up plan.
I'm a member of the class of 2013, so I've been through the process before...we're on the quarter system, so things move on a different timeline here. All universities, not just vet schools, accept more than they actually have room for because people end up accepting other offers. Be patient though--lots of people in my class came off the waitlist, myself and my roommate included. Like I said before, classes here don't start till mid-September...and they can call you off the waitlist right up until that start date. Just in case, though, I'd start figuring out a back-up plan.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2K
- Views
- 29K