The Republic of Texas Thread - Part V - Where Everything Is Bigger and Better

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm first !

i feel so at home.... if our thread was teh rocky series... we would be meeting tommy gunn right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Worst custom title ever...:D

Do ppl in Texas call pancakes hotcakes? If so, count me in for 2.

More popular than hotcakes? Comeon Braluk, you can do better than that.

Wow, we better run through this one fast.

Eternal will be mad:)

Has anyone gotten any more info on UTH?

Members don't see this ad :)
Dang midwesteners!! Hotcakes indeed!

:smuggrin:

never heard the word spoken in Texas in my life...

I heard them called that at McDonalds once. Hmmmmm... we really need to flood the first page with cool Texas titles :) YAY Texas.

But on a semi-serious note (I don't want to drag anyone down), is everyone doing ok? Any news about anything? I hope everyone is figuring out what they need to do and keep on keeping on. :)

I heard them called that at McDonalds once. Hmmmmm... we really need to flood the first page with cool Texas titles :) YAY Texas.

But on a semi-serious note (I don't want to drag anyone down), is everyone doing ok? Any news about anything? I hope everyone is figuring out what they need to do and keep on keeping on. :)

I am doing shi*** :oops:

Called UTH again, and I never felt more distant in my life. The lady I talked seemed mad at me :eek: Anyways, once again, waitlist letter mid march.

Are you waiting on Baylor?

Eternal will be mad:)

Has anyone gotten any more info on UTH?

My friend had emailed her interviewer and he just forwarded it to Dr. Kellaway. Dr. Kellaway told her she was on the waitlist and more info would be out later. So I suppose you could email UTH and find out as much as you can.

Yohoooooo! Page 1 awesomeness. :D

I am doing shi*** :oops:

Called UTH again, and I never felt more distant in my life. The lady I talked seemed mad at me :eek: Anyways, once again, waitlist letter mid march.

Are you waiting on Baylor?

Did you talk to Tiffany Reyes? She can come off quite abrasive. I was studying abroad last summer and I got an interview for a time while I was still in Germany and BOY did I have a time rescheduling. UTH was the only school that was completely unwilling (initially) to reschedule me for a reasonable time (like not in January). I would email Dr. Kellaway if I were you. She's super nice :)

Oh and no I'm not waiting on Baylor.

Did you talk to Tiffany Reyes? She can come off quite abrasive. I was studying abroad last summer and I got an interview for a time while I was still in Germany and BOY did I have a time rescheduling. UTH was the only school that was completely unwilling (initially) to reschedule me for a reasonable time (like not in January). I would email Dr. Kellaway if I were you. She's super nice :)

I don't think it was Ms. Reyes, because when ever she picks up it's "This is Tiffany" in a really nice voice. So not sure who I spoke to, maybe a long friday of whats my status calls...I think I will take your advice and email Dr. Kellaway and see whats up. Im not surprised you had a hard time rescheduling at UTH, that interview so organized and was like clockwork.
Regardless, it worked out for you ;)

I don't think it was Ms. Reyes, because when ever she picks up it's "This is Tiffany" in a really nice voice. So not sure who I spoke to, maybe a long friday of whats my status calls...I think I will take your advice and email Dr. Kellaway and see whats up. Im not surprised you had a hard time rescheduling at UTH, that interview so organized and was like clockwork.
Regardless, it worked out for you ;)

Thank goodness it did. I really thought I would have been blacklisted for all the harassing that I had to do. Oh and the mean email my prof sent. He was pissed that they wouldn't reschedule me even though I was in GERMANY! for school no less!

Thank goodness it did. I really thought I would have been blacklisted for all the harassing that I had to do. Oh and the mean email my prof sent. He was pissed that they wouldn't reschedule me even though I was in GERMANY! for school no less!

:laugh: :laugh: They probably thought you came up with an elaborate exuse to delay your interview. Little do they know that we are itching for the first possible date. :p

:laugh: :laugh: They probably thought you came up with an elaborate exuse to delay your interview. Little do they know that we are itching for the first possible date. :p

in the end it made for a better interview all around. My 2nd interviewer couldn't believe I had already interviewed everywhere else (I applied E-A-R-L-Y). For a while I was upset because I was afraid I applied to early because I got 4 interviews for while I was still in Europe. But I needed to apply before I left!
I really am hoping for the best for everyone else with waitlists and such. And to plug myself, I did make the waitlist thread. I'm really serious about a Texas thread takeover :)

in the end it made for a better interview all around. My 2nd interviewer couldn't believe I had already interviewed everywhere else (I applied E-A-R-L-Y). For a while I was upset because I was afraid I applied to early because I got 4 interviews for while I was still in Europe. But I needed to apply before I left!
I really am hoping for the best for everyone else with waitlists and such. And to plug myself, I did make the waitlist thread. I'm really serious about a Texas thread takeover :)

I am sure you had a lot to talk about in the interview. Also, it seemed like you were well prepped for UTH b/c you had so much practice :D You can never go wrong with applying early, it definitely helped you out. I plan on Having all my tmdsas stuff sent out on May 2nd :laugh:

The WL thread is good, it will make things easier to follow. And I agree, you Texans deserve your own subforum, there is so much to talk about:

-TMDSAS Apps
-Match
-LMFU
-Hotcakes
-Girls/Guys=Med schools =)

That happened to me too... luckily either she took pity on me or someone cancelled. What an awful way to reschedule!!! I mean, we can all see how much that would have hurt us. It seems unacceptable tell someone their new interview date will be in January no matter if it gets moved up eventually or not--especially in a rolling system.

So, I'm in San Antonio right now visiting my grandmother and needed to do some work on the internet. I came to a Starbucks instead of a Kinkos because I wanted to get online for free. This San Antonio Starbucks, however, does not have free internet!!!!!!!!! WTF? I haven't lived in Texas during my adult life and this has kind of spawned a real fear of moving back to the state. I kind of afraid to adjust to a knew area so strange to me now... especially since most people don't seem to hold similar values--I would never buy a gas guzzler. I think I'll stop worrying when I meet the other UTSWers, but someone please reassure me. This is probably all amplified by the fact I'll be leaving my bf behind.

So, I'm in San Antonio right now visiting my grandmother and needed to do some work on the internet. I came to a Starbucks instead of a Kinkos because I wanted to get online for free. This San Antonio Starbucks, however, does not have free internet!!!!!!!!! WTF? I haven't lived in Texas during my adult life and this has kind of spawned a real fear of moving back to the state. I kind of afraid to adjust to a knew area so strange to me now... especially since most people don't seem to hold similar values--I would never buy a gas guzzler. I think I'll stop worrying when I meet the other UTSWers, but someone please reassure me. This is probably all amplified by the fact I'll be leaving my bf behind.
After moving back to Texas from Europe I was in complete disbelief and shock for a few months. Trust me: You'll slowly find people who share similar values and opinions about the world.

I swear it's like a secret handshake or something because we always seem to find each other. :laugh:

I would never buy a gas guzzler either, if that makes you feel any better. :) Don't worry, there's plenty of us non-typical-Texan people over here.

After moving back to Texas from Europe I was in complete disbelief and shock for a few months. Trust me: You'll slowly find people who share similar values and opinions about the world.

I swear it's like a secret handshake or something because we always seem to find each other. :laugh:

:D Ok calm, calm! I'm sure from Europe would have been a shocker, lol. Yeah, I have to realize that some things also rub me the wrong way about the city where I live now, but many times I forget because I'm surrounded by friends like me. It should be the same for me anywhere. Thanks.

I'll probably be moving to Texas to go to UTSW next fall too--from Berkeley! Talk about places with different values. Also, my S.O. won't be joining me for at least a year. I can't offer much reassurance that you'll like moving back to Texas, but at least you won't be the only one who is flabbergasted by big cars everywhere and a lack of wireless internet. Plus, you'll be at a fantastic school in a big city. Good luck and maybe I'll see you in the fall. :)

I would never buy a gas guzzler either, if that makes you feel any better. :) Don't worry, there's plenty of us non-typical-Texan people over here.

I'll probably be moving to Texas to go to UTSW next fall too--from Berkeley! Talk about places with different values. Also, my S.O. won't be joining me for at least a year. I can't offer much reassurance that you'll like moving back to Texas, but at least you won't be the only one who is flabbergasted by big cars everywhere and a lack of wireless internet. Plus, you'll be at a fantastic school in a big city. Good luck and maybe I'll see you in the fall. :)

:) A fantastic school with fantastic people!

So i just walked to chipotle, in the snow, with slippery roads, just to get that burrito bowl that I'm addicted to. I got my bowl, but it didn't come with guacamole!! I ordered guacamole and PAID for guacamole and they didn't put it in my burrito bowl!!! Omg.. I'm soo pissed off right now... and the worse is that I have to suffer through 6 minutes teaching a clueless, pitiful premed o chem to earn that extra dollar that I spent to paid for my non-existant guacamole!!

:D Ok calm, calm! I'm sure from Europe would have been a shocker, lol. Yeah, I have to realize that some things also rub me the wrong way about the city where I live now, but many times I forget because I'm surrounded by friends like me. It should be the same for me anywhere. Thanks.
:confused:

I wasn't upset.

UTH acceptance packet is up on their website...I posted the link under our class thread

:thumbdown: Boo on gas guzzlers!

Hell yeah for Diesel guzzlers!:thumbup: Preferred fuel for most third world countries.

UTH acceptance packet is up on their website...I posted the link under our class thread

Yeah Anastasis posted it awhile ago. See this is what I'm talking about with the subforum, it is easier to organize info with our own. NCF would have had this week ago.

I will second that comment of Dr. Kellaway being super-nice...she answered my email today basically saying that there were a lot of good applicants and that I should just try to hang in there to see what happens in the post-match season. She said the list would be ready in a couple of weeks. And if after that I still need help with my app she said I could make an appt with her. :)

Yeah Anastasis posted it awhile ago. See this is what I'm talking about with the subforum, it is easier to organize info with our own. NCF would have had this week ago.
I posted the link to where the stuff would be posted. I don't think the whole new information packet was posted til today. I could be wrong though - it's way past this old geezer's bedtime ;)

So i just walked to chipotle, in the snow, with slippery roads, just to get that burrito bowl that I'm addicted to. I got my bowl, but it didn't come with guacamole!! I ordered guacamole and PAID for guacamole and they didn't put it in my burrito bowl!!! Omg.. I'm soo pissed off right now... and the worse is that I have to suffer through 6 minutes teaching a clueless, pitiful premed o chem to earn that extra dollar that I spent to paid for my non-existant guacamole!!

ymmm...chipotle burrito bowl... its deeelish. how the hell does mcdonald's own that company??

ymmm...chipotle burrito bowl... its deeelish. how the hell does mcdonald's own that company??

Well, their burritos are 1000+ calories. :eek: Although you can cut a few hundred with the bowl (sans flour burrito).

SEE! in TEXAS you will not have that problem :D
hardly any sucky ice..and nice mexican food with the free guacomole taken for granted...i LOVE it :) esp. my freebirds!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.