1 week left until the DAT...need advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aamiracle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Exactly a week before my DAT..I DO NOT feel prepared at all. Unfortunately, my financial and time situation isn't the best so I really can not afford to reschedule it again. Any advice?

I've taken 3 BC tests..have 2 more to take + ADA 2009.
I'm reviewing about 20 q's of destroyer each day for each section.

Last BC performance:
Bio: <14...(idk what happened)
gChem: 21
oChem: 16
pat: 21
RC: 21
QR: 16

Granted I took it around a 3 year old and a 3 month old which posed a distraction..

Any advice besides rescheduling? Starting in June I'll be working 40 hours a week again..this past month I've cut it down to 21 hours for studying. I wouldn't even have the time to study if I were able to afford the rescheduling fee.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there. This is a tough one. were these scores after re-taking BC or were these scores the first time you did these exams ? if first time, RC,GC, PAT look good obviously. Bio, OC look concerning because BC is pretty good indicator (+- 1 pt) of what you may score. It is not wise to take the exam if you don't feel ready.

Hey there. This is a tough one. were these scores after re-taking BC or were these scores the first time you did these exams ? if first time, RC,GC, PAT look good obviously. Bio, OC look concerning because BC is pretty good indicator (+- 1 pt) of what you may score. It is not wise to take the exam if you don't feel ready.

This was my first run on this specific exam. And I really wish I could reschedule an additional two weeks myself, but, like I said, that really isn't an option with work going back to full-time and currently lacking the funds to pay $100 for it...hence what can I do to better prepare in a week.

This was my first run on this specific exam. And I really wish I could reschedule an additional two weeks myself, but, like I said, that really isn't an option with work going back to full-time and currently lacking the funds to pay $100 for it...hence what can I do to better prepare in a week.
since you say you have no other option than taking the exam, I would suggest the following.
Ochem - going through either orgomans ochem charts or chads ochem reactions (from coursesaver) and just memorizing all rxns. Also, I would look at the lab stuff also from coursesaver/chads videos.
Bio - if you made your own notes, review through them all! till test day. if not, PM me and I'll send you mine.
QR: just keep practicing hard questions and look at Bootcamps QR formulas everyday.
This is what I did and also take the 2009 DAT at a library, 3 days before your exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's highly unlikely that your bio, ochem, and qr scores will drastically change in a week. Just being real with you. You really need to figure out what you don't understand, and fast. Study that practice test and tune in to your mistakes. You obviously need more time to study and it's very unfortunate that you can't push it back. That's life though.

It's highly unlikely that your bio, ochem, and qr scores will drastically change in a week. Just being real with you. You really need to figure out what you don't understand, and fast. Study that practice test and tune in to your mistakes. You obviously need more time to study and it's very unfortunate that you can't push it back. That's life though.

Yeah...I think I can get Bio up to around 20 but unsure about orgo and QR..

At this point I'm going to try my best until the end of the weekend..if I really do not improve at all, then I'll borrow $ from someone to get it changed to a later date...at least an additional 2 weeks..but part of me does not see a point as I'll be working much more and be away for two full weekends.

If i push it off until July...my fear is I'll forget a lot of info..which has happened when I moved it from March to May...had to redo Chads to get gChem back.