2005 - What did you receive today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think it is Rach, I got the same letter today too. Read the fine print at the bottom and make sure you send them everything they ask for.

Members don't see this ad.

How are you accepted already before Dec. 1st? Is UMDNJ the only school that does that?

Disregard that last post. I'm a boob. I just saw the "gateway program" bit. I need to get some more sleep...

Members don't see this ad :)
AADSAS Packet...finally :oops: And a Meharry Secondary.

SUNY @ Buffalo interview invitation :luck:

billiken10 said:
How are you accepted already before Dec. 1st? Is UMDNJ the only school that does that?

I received Temple's admission on 11/29 last year. This school treats the students well.

9/13 - Arizona seconday online app.
9/14 - Boston delivery confirmation letter
9/15 - UCLA secondary app.
9/16 - Boston interview invitation letter

I got my first interview invite at Baylor for October 18th. I was kinda shocked to get a interview invite already since I just took my DAT last week.... Anyone else going in on that day? I haven't called to confirm yet.

I know people have asked this already...but what does a interview invite mean exactly? Like how many people actually get the interviews? I am not trying to put myself down or anything but I was kinda shocked to get one from Baylor since I have a 3.3 gpa.

Why is it so hot outside today!

9/17- received aadsas receipt postcard from ucsf and receipt letter from uop.

9/18 Letter from Detroit Mercy letting me know that my appication is complete and to anticipate an onslaught of paperwork in the next three weeks. Letter from USC stating that my file is complete and the school will be reviewing it over the next few weeks. Also received my credit card bill. :mad:

VCU finally received my application. :oops: LOR were sent out from AADSAS on Friday. My transcript, photo, and application fee were sent a week ago. My account summary says that the check was cashed, but VCU says it still hasn't been received. *panic* :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Arizona regrets to inform me that they are not able to offere me an interview... :(

Well, I already have 5 out of 9 schools applied and only one rejection so far :D

Recieved interview invite for Case in the mail today.

Received confirmation of file being complete at University of Pittsburgh. They said they will be reviewing applications during the next few weeks and notify those invited for interviews. Received this confirmation by email.

Recieved confirmation from UMich, both a letter and a postcard, UConn interview invite

I received interview invites from UPenn and UOP, another confirmation letter from UCSF, and letter from USC saying that they received the application fee.

JavadiCavity said:
I honestly can't believe it. I am shocked!
I'm guessing it might have something to do with service, which has a weak point for me since having finished a mission. Or maybe it was the essays. Who knows? I'm trying to look on the bright side and say that I didn't really want to drive to the interview 10 hours both ways with a 1-year-old in the car anyways. :p

Maybe you're right. It's hard to say what Arizona is looking for. During the interview, they said they were looking for "different" factors than traditional adcoms. They made a point of emphasizing that DAT and GPA, while significant, held just as much weight as other qualitative factors.

My AADSAS confirmation packet! I applied Aug. 4 and I'm in the upper 3500's.

DDS2BE said:
Arizona regrets to inform me that they are not able to offere me an interview... :(

Well, I already have 5 out of 9 schools applied and only one rejection so far :D

hang in there bud. trust me i know its hard to get those letters (i got 15 ). all you need is ONE acceptance.

DDS2BE said:
Hey MO007, my second interview was at Indiana U. last week.

dds2b,

how was your interview at IUSD?

PERFECT3435 said:
dds2b,

how was your interview at IUSD?

Thanks PERFECT for support! The interview went great :luck: They were very enthusiastic about PBL and the clinical program.

Hey,
I got an interview invite from Nova today in the mail for Dec. 2. That seems kind of late-I wonder if they are just booked until then. :( Oh well, still made my day!

received interview invite from temple

PERFECT3435 said:
omar,

you are in good shape with your gpa and AADSAS #. yes your PAT is low, but i think you plenty to make up for it.
if your bio and sci scores are good, then i think you should have also applied to UCONN and IUSD.

good luck and you probably hear from the schools (as far as secondaries goes) sometime in july(end of it). i haven't heard of anyone getting it any earlier.
I took the DAT Sept. 7th and I haven't heard anything back from schools about interviews, should I call to see what's up?

ASU-devil said:
I took the DAT Sept. 7th and I haven't heard anything back from schools about interviews, should I call to see what's up?

it takes schools upto 4 weeks to receive your score reports.

I'd give them a call. I took the DAT on the 10th and all of my schools had recieved them within 10-14 days. They may be able to confirm that your application is complete so that at least you will know that your file is being reviewed.

ASU-devil said:
If in doubt CALL BACK! It can't hurt.

I took the DAT on August 17th and a month later I was wondering why the d-schools hadn't recieved it yet. So I call the ADA and they said that they hadn't sent it out to any schools yet because I hadn't specified any schools. This was an obvious blunder on their part because I did mark the schools on the online application and even paid the fee for a few additional schools.

I took my DAT late august and the schools received the scores by the middle of the following week... I was surprised at the quick turn around time... considering that the AADSAS takes so much longer...

Call ADA and get to the bottom of any issues.... don't just assume something is being done...

ASU-devil said:

there is no need for you to panic, but i would still give them a call. honestly, without staying in contact with the schools on the phone you are just a number. don't call a million times and annoy them but do call.

Got an e-mail today from U-Maryland. Basically saying that unless I plan on re-taking my DAT that I will not be considered competitive enough as an out of sate resident for an interview. So in essence since I'm not planning on re-taking the DAT, I guess it can be considered a rejection.

LSN said:
Secondaries from a bunch of schools including Loma Linda. They ask you to describe any past use of alcohol, tobacco, and drug use. What's that all about? Are they going to give you a drug test too? :laugh:

LSN, when did you submit you AADSAS application? Also, when did you get your AADSAS pink confirmation sheet.

Letter from NYU letting me know I'm under review. Prayin' for an interview...prayin' for an interview...prayin' f...

charmstot said:
LSN, when did you submit you AADSAS application? Also, when did you get your AADSAS pink confirmation sheet.

I sent in my application around the end of July and received the AADSAS sheet about 2 weeks ago.

what were your scores like eric275 and where are you from? I applied there as well and just noticed that on Infosource they(UMaryland) finally updated my status...still under review or whatever....

ddsjeff77 said:
what were your scores like eric275 and where are you from? I applied there as well and just noticed that on Infosource they(UMaryland) finally updated my status...still under review or whatever....

I'm from Oregon and my stats are: 17/18/18 with a 3.6 science and 3.5 accum. gpa. They said that I needed at least all 18's to be competitive and should re-take the DAT if I wanted to be considered for thier school. I think I'll take my chances elsewhere and not have to re-take the DAT :D

yeah lol that's ridicoulous u have 1 17. They are nuts!

Today, I got a very dissapointing letter from NYU :mad:

"in order to complete your application for admission, we require the following items:
1. Application fee for $75
2. Photograph
3. an official copy of your DAT score report
4. 3 LORs

and blah-blah-blah...... :mad:

That check was deposited by NYU 2 months ago and was mailed in with my photo... everything was submitted on time :mad: I cannot believe they screwed this up!!! I've had 3 interviews so far and going to 2 more in October... I just can't see how this might has happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :smuggrin:

DDS2BE: Don't be upset I think it's a standard letter sent out by NYU to everyone whose application they have reviewed as of now. ALOTTTTTT of my friends and other SDNers have received the same letter. So don't worry and just be patient. I would give them a call though just to make sure.

DDS2BE said:

"in order to complete your application for admission, we require the following items:
2. Photograph
4. 3 LORs

That check was deposited by NYU 2 months ago and was mailed in with my photo... everything was submitted on time :mad: I cannot believe they screwed this up!!! I've had 3 interviews so far and going to 2 more in October... I just can't see how this might has happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :smuggrin:

i got the same letter also, i called them and they told me its just a standard letter that they mail out to applicants

NYU lost some of my stuff because they had two different files for me. I got that same letter and called them to straighten the problem out.

DDS2BE said:

2. Photograph
4. 3 LORs

I got the same letter last year, too. Try to call them and ask them to look for your check!!! It is very important. I called them first time, and they wanted me to mail the check again. So, I did it right away. After two weeks, I called again, and they said they did not receive my check PLUS the photo. So, I sent the photo and check again. The third time, a lady looked the whole box for me and she found everything.
As far as the 2nd and 3rd checks, I never heard from them at all.

Thanks guys for support. I guess I over-reacted... :) Now, I am in a totally different mood :D

grettlin2 said:
I got the same letter last year, too. Try to call them and ask them to look for your check!!! It is very important. I called them first time, and they wanted me to mail the check again. So, I did it right away. After two weeks, I called again, and they said they did not receive my check PLUS the photo. So, I sent the photo and check again. The third time, a lady looked the whole box for me and she found everything.
As far as the 2nd and 3rd checks, I never heard from them at all.

Did you guys send your stuff 'registered' so they have to sign for it?