2008-2009 Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) Secondary Application Thre

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the wait list and praising God! :D:D:D Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get the lucky email, looks like I won't be going to MUSC this year.

Anyone know when financial aid packages go out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email too, are there 2 lists: one for in-state applicants and one for out of state applicants?

I am sure that there has to be two lists. They are counting on that money coming in and I'm sure the budget for next year is dependent upon it. That is just my 2 cents, but I don't think they would take a gamble with that amount of money, thus 2 separate wait lists would have to be in place.

...but...

CONGRATS on the wait list!

No waitlist email for me, either. Guess that means its over. Congrats to everyone who got in and is on the waitlist.

Also, just FYI, there was an OOS and IS waiting list last year. As far as this year goes, I heard from someone on the committee that there were only 34 OOS people interviewing for the 30 spots, so there really might not be much of a waiting list for them.

Congrats again to everyone.

I got the e-mail for IS as well. It says I am in the top third of the waitlist, but if they offer me a spot I will turn it down since I am already accepted at USC and bought a house in Columbia.

In the e-mail it should tell you which third of the list you are on. From what I heard last year the IS list made it into the second third for waitlist movement, but not down into the final third.

Thanks for all the feedback. I was told i am in the mid 3rd so im just hoping there are some withdrawals or people with dual acceptances who decide to go elsewhere. Good luck to everyone. Here's hoping the list starts moving asap :)

I just recieved the email today, stating that I was in the middle to bottom of the alternate list. So I guess there's still a glimmer of hope for me.

really? You got it today? I thought they would have mass emailed everyone at once. Good luck, hopefully they go deep into the list so we can all have a shot.

for those people who were accepted, did anyone receive a confirmation of instate status vs. oos? i am instate but went to an oos undergrad school and wanted to make sure about this...

for those people who were accepted, did anyone receive a confirmation of instate status vs. oos? i am instate but went to an oos undergrad school and wanted to make sure about this...

Hey Pete...my letter specifically addressed my status as OOS and then went on to explain the tuition changes. I doubt your undergraduate school would matter anyway..?

Last edited:
Good luck to anyone still waiting or deciding.

I just joined this forum, but I was accepted early decision a while back. See some of you in August. Now to find a place to stay....

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know anything about movement off the wait list? I am in the top third, but I do not know how hopeful I should be. I want to start planning for next year- finding housing, taking out loans, roommates, etc. Any insights?

Also, are ya'll sending letters of interest/intent? I've heard of people doing this but I do not know if it will make a difference. I want to do what I can to give myself the best chances of getting in, but I do not want to be a pest.

Good luck to anyone still waiting or deciding.

I just joined this forum, but I was accepted early decision a while back. See some of you in August. Now to find a place to stay....

just out of curiousity, when did you find out you were accepted?

Hey all,

An OOS state acceptance will be withdrawn next week. I'm torn but I will spend a considerable less amount of time in debt if I attend my state school instead. :( Good luck to everyone!

That is good news for anyone on the waiting list (which includes me) so thank you Morrisac! In response to your post kc4: I sent a letter of intent, but it was mainly because I needed to update my application and figured I could do both at the same time with a one page letter. Good luck to everyone!

Hi all,
declining my acceptance tomorrow; good luck after May 15 for those of you on the wl.

Hey yall,

I'm applying now, and for those of you who are about to start M1 I would love to hear your stories, about admissions, about grades and MCATs. I have great MCATS way above average but below average GPA at some hard institutions. Do they really add to your GPA, .3, or .5? When did you get the rejection letter? Did it matter to them what you were doing while you were interviewing, ie in school, med related interning, more volunteering etc?
Thanks

Hey guys,
I'm applying next year. I searched all of the website for this but couldn't find it: What are their letter of recommendation requirements?

Any movement on the waitlist yet? and.. Isn't there an In-State and Out of State list?

i havent heard of any movement on the list yet and yes from what i understand there are 2 lists

Ditto on the movement and lists. I was hoping that maybe the admissions committee would continue to meet the last Tuesday of each month as they moved through the wait list and send out acceptance letters thereafter. Since today would be the day after the last Tuesday of May, I thought they would start moving down the list today. I am either wrong, or I just did not get accepted. Here's to waiting...

anyone hear anything? I think Im going to call Monday and see what is going on with the wait list since I know they will tell you where you are on the list.

Last edited:
If you don't mind me asking, did you end up calling? I want to call but every time I do I feel like I'm pestering the admissions office. I guess I should break down and call too....

I just got called last week from MUSC and was accepted. The wait list is at least down to the middle third. Good luck to everyone else on the list!

Status
Not open for further replies.