2008-2009 WashU Secondary Application Thread - Pt 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got waitlisted. Thriver.

So did everyone get the "thrive" message this year? In the cycle before last, there were different messages...

Members don't see this ad.

So did everyone get the "thrive" message this year? In the cycle before last, there were different messages...

You mean this?

I hope that you will remain under consideration because I believe you would thrive here. However, if you have made a firm decision to attend another medical school, please let me know.

You mean this?

I hope that you will remain under consideration because I believe you would thrive here. However, if you have made a firm decision to attend another medical school, please let me know.

That's the one. Everyone got it last year.:oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you supposed to leave comments when you accept the waitlist offer?

LOL WAITLIST OFFER

Yeah, got email too. Staying on it, at least until I'm done hearing back from everywhere and decide which wait lists I'm aggressively pursuing. Is anyone putting anything in the Comments section? I want to send it in immediately but it feels weird not saying anything.

Awesome avatar,

I have a senegal and an Amazon myself

sorry for double post

Yeah, I got it too. Is anyone leaving comments? I don't know what I would write other than "I really lurv you WashU! Take me plz!!!" (reworded slightly of course)

Are you supposed to leave comments when you accept the waitlist offer?

LOL WAITLIST OFFER

:laugh: I had the same reaction to that. Maybe you might leave a comment if you were planning on being out of the country or something?

I am thinking that you could use it for a LOI (intent/interest), but I'm not sure if they even read it.

Yeah, got email too. Staying on it, at least until I'm done hearing back from everywhere and decide which wait lists I'm aggressively pursuing. Is anyone putting anything in the Comments section? I want to send it in immediately but it feels weird not saying anything.

I have no idea. Is it better to write something concise and then send an LOI later? I don't think I can leave it blank.

I left it blank. I'll prolly send a LOI later.

Waitlist'd!

Re: LOI business-- I wrote a couple concise sentences, then I'll probably send a LOI later. That's just what I'm doing.

I responded to the wait list inquiry when I first saw it but if I log in to the status portal again it still has the inquiry and will let me re-select yes or no and leave comments...is it still available to everyone else or did it go away?

I just want to make sure that my initial "yes" and few sentences went through since I completed it before the email was sent out

Yea it's the same for me and I haven't received the confirmation email yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted this morning as well. Judging by last years thread, no SDN'ers heard back until May 15th, so here's to another 2 months of waiting!

In the meantime, I think I should start looking for a job...

I responded to the wait list inquiry when I first saw it but if I log in to the status portal again it still has the inquiry and will let me re-select yes or no and leave comments...is it still available to everyone else or did it go away?

I just want to make sure that my initial "yes" and few sentences went through since I completed it before the email was sent out

It still has the inquiry for me too despite having submitted it. I got the email before I submitted it.

Awesome avatar,

I have a senegal and an Amazon myself

sorry for double post

You're the third person I've found on SDN who has birds! That makes me feel better. :) I've been worried about having a parrot and doing the whole medical thing. I might eventually get another bird or two (though separate cages) by the time I'm in third year so Chu isn't too lonely without me around.

Back to Wash U: I think I might try to write a few quick sentences eventually, but since it seems to stay up and we can edit, I'm going ahead and submitting it now blank.

I got the waitlist email today. Interviewed on 10/16 and haven't heard anything until now. I thought my interview went well too. Oh well.

i know duke said not to email or call about your waitlist status/position but does WashU give any information like that?

i know duke said not to email or call about your waitlist status/position but does WashU give any information like that?

For Pioneer and anyone else interested: I called maybe an hour ago, and they said that 1.) The list is unranked, and remains so throughout the season, and 2.) They will not disclose the approximate size of the waitlisted pool.

Shucks.

I got the waitlist email today. Interviewed on 10/16 and haven't heard anything until now. I thought my interview went well too. Oh well.

similarly. 11/3, and didn't hear anything until today, and I thought I had one of my better interviews there.

waitlisted as well... good thing I was never too psyched about living in st. louis

Waitlisted, declining waitlist position.

WashU and I have a bad history. Waitlist for undergrad, rejection from 8 year BA/MD program, and now waitlist for medical school, which I will be withdrawing from. Oh well, makes decisions that much easier. Good luck and congrats to all who have been accepted and will be attending!

Wow, so many waitlists, not like the yale thread where it's about an even split between the 'rejected' and 'waitlisted' did WashU reject anyone post-interview?

Wow, so many waitlists, not like the yale thread where it's about an even split between the 'rejected' and 'waitlisted' did WashU reject anyone post-interview?

I was wondering the same thing...does anyone know how big their waitlist is?

I've never seen so much movement on a thread after decisions were released. I'd say this means two things:

1. The people on the Wash U wait list have a higher incidence of SDN usage than the people on some other wait lists,

and

2. the Wash U wait list is large.

Ah...I'm also waitlisted. I wish they'd differentiate the list somehow (or reject more people...I'd rather be rejected than feel like I have a chance when I really don't). :lame:

Waitlisted as well...which I don't really mind because I also got my first med school acceptance today!! I talked to a WashU student, and apparantely they don't really reject anyone...so yes, they have a massive waitlist. They won't really reject anyone until the end of July. 50 people doesn't seem like very good odds when you put it into perspective!

Waitlisted here also. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to stay on the list...I guess it can't hurt

most of the students i talked to at washu got in off the waitlist...so i guess they just have more of an extended application period going

Waitlisted here too. Seems to me that they don't really reject anyone. 50/700 ain't great, but nevertheless, good luck to all!

Waitlisted here too. Seems to me that they don't really reject anyone. 50/700 ain't great, but nevertheless, good luck to all!

-a lot of people will withdraw
-some got rejected
-a reasonable number accepted off the waitlist will end up turning the offer down

your odds are better than that

Did anyone not get the waitlist email, but have the waitlist inquiry show up on the status page? It doesn't look like I got any emails... but I do have the response thingy on my page. Oh well... accepted anyway.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when (non-Olin) scholarship notifications go out?

Has anyone not gotten the confirmation of waitlist email? Because I haven't...

I got a confirmation screen on the WashU website, but haven't received an email... are we supposed to?

I got a confirmation screen on the WashU website, but haven't received an email... are we supposed to?

I didn't get an email either. I don't think we should expect one just yet.

has anyone done financial aid forms yet?

has anyone done financial aid forms yet?

I did them a few weeks ago (before finding out I was waitlisted). They weren't too bad--I just did the online option rather than submitting paper forms. It's esp. easy if you've already done things like need access and college board.

washu doesn't need need access right?

Status
Not open for further replies.