2009-2010 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I was just wondering this may be stupid for me to ask, but does everyone who interviews here get put on there UCCOM listserv? I have gotten two emails now from their listserv, but have yet to be accepted...just hoping that maybe that means good things.

I'm accepted and not on their listserv so don't know what to tell ya. The only emails I've received were regarding second look.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who interviewed on the 16th of February heard anything back yet?...just wondering

I was there on the 16th and haven't heard anything yet... I'm thinking there are probably only waitlist spots left but trying to be optimistic..:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Who is going to the second look weekend?

Anyone know if there are activities planned for students after the 'official' day's scheduled events are over? I've heard of some second look days where current students take the incoming M1's out to bar hop or what not.

But yeah, either way, I'll be there. I'm OOS too, so no car here either. :p

Hey yall.. just got placed on the alternate list. Does anyone remember if/when they tell you of your rank on the waitlist?

Hey yall.. just got placed on the alternate list. Does anyone remember if/when they tell you of your rank on the waitlist?

they don't give out ranks but they will give you the 'quartile' that you are in a few weeks after it is finalized sometime after May 15th

i'm coming into cincinnati next thursday for 2nd look. im definitely tryna check out the nightlife that wknd. i hope there r a bunch of fun ppl who wanna go out as well, including current med students :xf:

Are people sticking to business casual attire for Second Look?

I'm withdrawing from my acceptance at Cincy. Hopefully one of you on the waitlist gets my spot!!

Best of luck to everybody.

Are people sticking to business casual attire for Second Look?

I was just thinking casual, not business casual. Clothes u would wear everyday... Isn't that what the email said? There's no need to dress to impress anymore, lol. I'm sure some ppl will try to "dress up" but I know I'm not. We're gonna be sitting in lecture for like 3hrs...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to those accepted to UC! I'm excited to get started in August. In the mean time I'm looking for 1 or 2 female roommates. I currently live in Cincinnati but will not be able to attend the second look. I will however be available later in the day. If anyone is interested please send me a message. Thanks! :)

I don't have access to the MSAR right now but am getting more and more interested in UC after looking over the very nice facilities on their website. Can anyone tell me quickly what their class profile is like. I can't seem to find this info online. How big is the current class and how friendly are they to OOS? Thanks a bunch.

So I got crazy sick this week and didn't end up making second look. Aside from being bummed about losing my $ on airfare, I really really wanted another chance to look at the school. :(

Can anyone who went give me a rundown of how the day went? Impressions of the faculty, potential classmates, classes, and anything else (either good or bad)? Feedback from someone who went would be really appreciated. You can post it here or PM me. Thanks!

So I got crazy sick this week and didn't end up making second look. Aside from being bummed about losing my $ on airfare, I really really wanted another chance to look at the school. :(

Can anyone who went give me a rundown of how the day went? Impressions of the faculty, potential classmates, classes, and anything else (either good or bad)? Feedback from someone who went would be really appreciated. You can post it here or PM me. Thanks!

Yeah I would like to know how it went also, the admissions lady told me that they were going to post the video online, but I still haven't seen it yet.

two applications cycles, two waitlists... sighhhh

Waitlisted! Woo! I'm actually excited about this. Anyone remember the waitlist movement in the last year?

I am wait listed also. I am very happy about this since I interviewed on the last day (March 16th) and it was basically the best position I could be in.

I dont know how the movement went last year, but with the way that it was explained at the interview, there really is no point to speculate on the movement. There are a bunch of factors that go into it and it's not just a numbered order.

But, I wish we could because I would love nothing more than to go to this school and am getting really anxious for May.

I am wait listed also. I am very happy about this since I interviewed on the last day (March 16th) and it was basically the best position I could be in.

I dont know how the movement went last year, but with the way that it was explained at the interview, there really is no point to speculate on the movement. There are a bunch of factors that go into it and it's not just a numbered order.

But, I wish we could because I would love nothing more than to go to this school and am getting really anxious for May.

Yes; I agree! You know what? I got overly excited and started speculating....totally forgetting about what Dr. Manuel said on 3/16 (also interviewed that day). Well, here's to hoping that everything works out for the best, and good luck to you! Hope to see you at UC in the fall.

Did anyone else on the waitlist get disproportionately excited when they saw the email from UC saying there was an update in your status? That was a really exciting 15 seconds before I realized they were just asking if I wanted to stay on the waitlist...

Did anyone else on the waitlist get disproportionately excited when they saw the email from UC saying there was an update in your status? That was a really exciting 15 seconds before I realized they were just asking if I wanted to stay on the waitlist...

Yeah. Same here...... First thing when I woke up today. lol

I'm removing myself from the waitlist today, since I'll be going to OSU right up the road. :) I'm OOS if that helps. Good luck everyone!

I'm wondering when to expect the waitlist email

(the one that tells you what tier)

I'm wondering when to expect the waitlist email

(the one that tells you what tier)

You get an email telling you what tier? From what they told us at my interview day, you can call in around early-mid May to find out where you stand.

Your name constantly reminds me of how much i wanna get a MacBook Pro for med school...they're beeeautiful! lol
ha ha ha ha..i thot same thing when i saw the name and seeing you say it makes it even funnier.

When is it a good time to go up to Cincy and secure an apartment?

The main campus is on a quarter system and ends the 2nd week of June, so the graduating students will probably be leaving by the end of June. I would start looking in May and June, especially for popular apartments near the med school, since there is often a waitlist for some of them. Do your research about what neighborhood you're looking at (for example, I suggest staying out of Over the Rhine, Avondale, Price Hill, and certain other areas).

When is it a good time to go up to Cincy and secure an apartment?

I've been on an apartment waitlist for a month now. They said that movement should start in mid-May when they receive notice that people are moving out in July. I would say that it's never too early to start looking, but I really wouldn't know since I'm just being an overly anxious (soon-to-be) first year.

I looked at about 10 different apartment buildings during 2nd look wknd... To be fair, I'm OOS and didn't want to worry about flying out there again before August.

Good luck with apt hunting!

Any word about the waitlist yet? How soon after May 15th are we supposed to find out about what tier we're in?

Any word about the waitlist yet? How soon after May 15th are we supposed to find out about what tier we're in?

I don't remember how soon after they said we would hear. I do hope it moves though! :)

Anyone get their financial aid package yet? Still waiting on it before making a decision...

It looks like waitlist tiers are out.

It looks like waitlist tiers are out.

Yes, out this AM. I'm trying to scan the old cinci boards and see how much movement there was in each tier, but I'm at work. Anyone find anything?

Yes, out this AM. I'm trying to scan the old cinci boards and see how much movement there was in each tier, but I'm at work. Anyone find anything?

Looks like the only people who got in last year were from the top third. hope you are in that group (for your sake). I'm not... On to plan B.

I am a male, 4th year UC medical student. I will graduate this June and will be doing my internship next year at Good Sam Hospital. I am looking for a roommate starting this summer.

My place is walking distance from Xavier University, 10 minutes to Hyde Park, 5 minutes to UH/MSB<---this is where you'll be for the next 2 years. It is a big place with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, big living room, a den, indoor garage, 42in LCD, pool table, xbox 360, Wii, safe neighborhood, and ACCESS to many books that I have. Your own bedroom with walk-in closet and bathroom for $400 a month. utilities (electricity and internet) is about $130 most months and a little higher in winter. The room will be available starting june. Pics upon request. Feel free to contact me via email.

[email protected]

Last edited:
withdrawing tomorrow! good luck waitlisters!

Hey. Does anyone know what day orientation starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.