2009-2010 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just accepted off of the waitlist after interviewing on the last possible day (waitlist only spots).

I'm OOS, male.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted here as well! OOS, top tier. Interviewed late for waitlist spots only too.

Eeee!!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email today at 4:15 to check an update to my status: acceptance! For those wondering, I interviewed on the last day (Mar 16th, I think).

Best of luck to everyone still on the list!

Just got accepted off the list too!!

I also interviewed on March 16th, the last day.

I am OOS, Male, Top third tier waitlist

What a relief I am in complete shock!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Congrats to everyone! Mid 3rd tierer here. For you guys just accepted, how long do they give you to accept/decline an offer from the waitlist?

wow, congrats! Top third tier I'm assuming??

Yep, top tier of the waitlist.

They didn't really give a deadline; I'm assuming that will be included in the information packet they said they are mailing to us.

I was accepted yesterday off the top tier of the waitlist. ISS, interviewed on the last day which was just for waitlist spots.

saucy dave, nice picture. i have a hot dog halloween costume for my dog too haha

haha yeah I have two doxins...they are awesome!

Wow. Either the only people on SDN are people who interviewed the last day, or for some reason they took a bunch of us last interviewees the first day of waitlist movement.

Maybe thursday was secretly our acceptance day that we weren't told about it. :thumbup:

Any of you from U of M?

So far in the facebook group I am the only one.

Last edited:
I was accepted on the 20th as well! OOS, male, interviewed on the last day (March 16th), also placed on the top third tier of the waitlist.

I'm surprised that they ended up taking so many of us from the March 16th interview. After getting the "You will be interviewing for the waitlist only..." email, I wasn't too optimistic - but I'm glad it worked out this way!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Can anyone explain to me what and when second-look weekend is? I guess it could have been this past weekend but I am planning on a trip to visit the school next weekend (May 29-30). I just got accepted and its my only acceptance so I have never looked into what a second look weekend is.

Anyway, I'm mostly just looking for information on what I could do with my Dad when we visit next weekend. He is having major surgery June 1st and will be in recovery up until school starts, so I am looking to show him around so he can see it before we start in August. Even if its not second-look weekend and there aren't any official tours planned, I can't find online where they would list days of operation, and whether or not the school will be closed, since it is Memorial Day weekend.

If anyone has any information on hours of operation for next weekend and/or any guided tours I could join, please let me know!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone explain to me what and when second-look weekend is? I guess it could have been this past weekend but I am planning on a trip to visit the school next weekend (May 29-30). I just got accepted and its my only acceptance so I have never looked into what a second look weekend is.

Anyway, I'm mostly just looking for information on what I could do with my Dad when we visit next weekend. He is having major surgery June 1st and will be in recovery up until school starts, so I am looking to show him around so he can see it before we start in August. Even if its not second-look weekend and there aren't any official tours planned, I can't find online where they would list days of operation, and whether or not the school will be closed, since it is Memorial Day weekend.

If anyone has any information on hours of operation for next weekend and/or any guided tours I could join, please let me know!

Sadly you missed second look weekend (which essentially is a chance to get to know the school, attend a few classes, go on tours, hang out with students etc). I'd call the school and see about tours, I'm not sure if they do them on an individual basis. You've already been here for your interview so presumably you know what the campus looks like, but during the day it's usually open, so you can at least show your dad around. This coming weekend is our last weekend before finals, so we won't really have any lectures on Friday or Monday that you could attend, and most of the students are going to be holed up studying (but you can observe medical students in the natural habitat that is the study room).

Among other things to do in Cincinnati, this weekend is Taste of Cincinnati http://www.taste-of-cincinnati.com/ which I have never been to, but looks like a good time. Maybe take your dad to it if you are looking for a last hurrah before his surgery.

Feel free to PM if you want, I didn't go to UofM, but I'm originally from MI (fam is still there) so it would be fun talking to you. Congrats on your acceptance!

Current student here... The school is closed for Memorial Day as far as I know. The second look weekend was at least a month ago, but you can usually call the admissions office to set up a tour during the week. If you can only be here on the weekend, I doubt they can help you, but it might be worth a shot to email them anyway...worse they can say is no. Keep in mind the 2nd year students are done with classes and studying for USMLE, while the 1st year students are in their last 2 weeks and preparing for their last major exams the week following Memorial Day. It's usually 1st and 2nd year students who give tours, so you may also be out of luck due to that. There are plenty of things you can just come and look at on your own at the school, such as the library and study areas, some of the lecture halls, etc. Also, Cincinnati is having the Taste of Cincinnati festival in downtown. They close down a street and set up booths where tons of restaurants from around the area show off their food...it's great! I would definitely email the admin office though...they've done individual weekend tours before, just not usually this late.

Congrats again to all those accepted to UCCOM! Excited to meet everyone in the fall. In the meantime I am searching for a female roommate. I've submitted an application at several different apartment complexes within close proximity of the medical school. I currently live in Cincinnati so I'd be happy to do the footwork and send pics if you weren't able to make it to Cinci to apt hunt (i.e out of state). I will also be bringing my living room set and dining table with me so my future roommate wouldn't have to worry about buying any furniture for the common living space. I think it would be great to room with another incoming student along with splitting rent and utilities to bring the cost of living down... Please send me a private message if you are interested or want to know more about me! :)

Got accepted from the top tier of wait list a few days ago. Most of you will be glad to know I am withdrawing today. Good luck to everyone.

Has anyone else been looking into utilizing the Metropolitan Tuition Rate program for avoiding OOS charges? Is it really as easy as living right across the river?

Has anyone else been looking into utilizing the Metropolitan Tuition Rate program for avoiding OOS charges? Is it really as easy as living right across the river?
What is that? Can I do that during my first year?

If you already live across the river (or your parents do) yes, it really is that easy.
Check with the FinAid Office, but I think at best, the same thing applies as does for OOS tuition: for OH, you have to prove independent residency for at least a year (or be married to someone working here/have parents working here) before you are eligible for the discount. In fact, it may even be longer/not possible since it is KY, not OH, and who knows what the rules are. Trust me, if simply moving to the other side of the river counted, all the first years would be there in a snap.

Man this thread has been quiet, do we have any new classmates? Also for the accepted people, how long did it take for your financial aid to get posted? My financial aid still has not posted to my account.

Man this thread has been quiet, do we have any new classmates? Also for the accepted people, how long did it take for your financial aid to get posted? My financial aid still has not posted to my account.

I submitted all of my financial aid documents by April 30th (pretty last minute) and I got an estimated award letter in the mail on May 10th or 11th. Nothing about financial aid is posted to medonestop tho...

Oh ok thanks man, I guess I will probably be getting aid all in loans since this school is stingy. With me and my fiancee loans combined, we are going to be half a million dollars in debt after school is over with. I never thought I would ever even see that type of money in my lifetime, let alone owe someone that.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I was just accepted off the alternate list a week and a half ago and am looking for a female roommate for the fall! I'm pretty flexible where I live, but am looking into 2 BR apts. I'm non-smoking, have no pets, clean and easygoing, studious, friendly, social, respectful and normal. :) If you are interested or want to know more about me, PM me!

Hi everyone,

I am an incoming first year student, and I really need help from current students and cincinnati residents. today I put down deposit for forum apartments on luther king drive, but the reviews of the apartment are mixed. if you have lived there or know anyone who have lived there, please let me know how the complex is, is it safe? are the cars safe? either pm me or reply here, I only have two days to cancel and get my deposit back so please let me know. also, where do medical students usually live? thank you!

Hey parameter
I actually just signed an apt at the forum as well. From what I've heard clifton isn't the greatest neighborhood but there were other uc students the day I was looking at the places. As for cars I don't think there have been many break ins but a friend of mine recommended getting one of those steering wheel lock things. I know that's not a lotta info but i hope it helps. Let me know if you hear anything else. See you at orientation ;)

If you already live across the river (or your parents do) yes, it really is that easy.
Check with the FinAid Office, but I think at best, the same thing applies as does for OOS tuition: for OH, you have to prove independent residency for at least a year (or be married to someone working here/have parents working here) before you are eligible for the discount. In fact, it may even be longer/not possible since it is KY, not OH, and who knows what the rules are. Trust me, if simply moving to the other side of the river counted, all the first years would be there in a snap.

You don't have to prove independence or anything. You only have to get a KY drivers license, which requires you only to be currently living in KY (copy of lease, deed, utility bill, etc). However, you can't have any other local or "current" addresses listed with UC (aka, get the metro rate and then move next to school).

This may not help 1st years for this quarter or even year, but it may help those not wanting to leave their parents' support but still not wanting OOS tuition for next year.

Excited for orientation tomorrow!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.