2009 western university..anyone yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lol...sometimes reading these post are so hilarious...especially from ppl that have less than 100 post haha

Members don't see this ad.

I had to delay my 12/06 interview until January because I had already made plans to go out of town that weekend. Hopefully that helps people out too. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
western only calls for interviews. just letting you guys know, i canceled my dec. 6th interview so that means extra space for you guys out there! good luck!!:)

I had to delay my 12/06 interview until January because I had already made plans to go out of town that weekend. Hopefully that helps people out too. :thumbup:

la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la

lol...sometimes reading these post are so hilarious...especially from ppl that have less than 100 post haha

why is it particularly funny from ppl under 100 posts?

When is the last call for the Dec 6th interview date? Does anyone know? Thank you.

did they only call for interviews on dec 14th, or are they doing it throughout this entire week?

thanks!

and note: Western only reviews application after NOV 3rd...I spoke with Valerie Valle numerous times about this...so even when they reccomend you to submit early, its just to make sure all your materials are received and are ok....

When is the last call for the Dec 6th interview date? Does anyone know? Thank you.

They will be calling until they have enough interviewees coming for the Dec. 6th interview. So, they may still call you on the day before the interview date to offer you an interview. I've heard from one interviewee that they were offered an interview the day before, so it has happened. I'm not sure if they have filled all the interviewee slots for this interview date (not in the adcom, so I don't know).

There will be more interview dates (one interview per month until March), so there are three more chances to be offered an interview.

did they only call for interviews on dec 14th, or are they doing it throughout this entire week?

There is no interviews on Dec. 14th, as far as I know. Only the Dec. 6th. And yes, they are only offering interviews for Dec. 6th. They usually offer interviews for a specific date ~2-3 weeks before that date.

FYI, my information of these interviews are from my experience and from talking to other interviewees, so my information may not be accurate if Western U changed their process this year. If you have any questions, I recommend you calling the Western U admissions office or try researching the Western U website for information. :)

Assuming that he or she did well on the interview, how long does it take for the interviewee to know if he or she is being accepted? Also, by what method? (Phone call or snail mail)

Assuming that he or she did well on the interview, how long does it take for the interviewee to know if he or she is being accepted? Also, by what method? (Phone call or snail mail)

I'm not sure how long it takes.

For me, they gave me a call, then email and snail mail, but I know that other people have gotten just an email and snail mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
hngo..do u know if there's a benefit to interviewing early? Will u be there at the dec. 6th interview?

hngo..do u know if there's a benefit to interviewing early? Will u be there at the dec. 6th interview?

I'm not sure if there is any benefit to get interviewed early or not. That, I have no idea.

I'm not in the admissions committee, so I will not be there. I'm just a 1st year pharmacy student whose been in your shoes last year, applied for two years and finally got in. :)

I'm not sure how long it takes.

For me, they gave me a call, then email and snail mail, but I know that other people have gotten just an email and snail mail.

Thank you!

Hey guys.

I interviewed first session and got in. At the time i didn't have a BS degree. Had around 3.5 gpa (some from CC), two yrs of pharm experience, was a tech, and had an OK interview I thought. Scie gpa was abt a 3.3

And i got in.

However, my friend who interviewed that day too, was placed on Hold or wait list ( i forget) and didn't get in. Was rejected couple of weeks b4 school started.
Is there an advantage or disadvantage, i say absolutely NO.

It's up to you to convince the adcom that u are right for their school and profession of pharmacy.

Hey guys.

I interviewed first session and got in. At the time i didn't have a BS degree. Had around 3.5 gpa (some from CC), two yrs of pharm experience, was a tech, and had an OK interview I thought. Scie gpa was abt a 3.3

And i got in.

However, my friend who interviewed that day too, was placed on Hold or wait list ( i forget) and didn't get in. Was rejected couple of weeks b4 school started.
Is there an advantage or disadvantage, i say absolutely NO.

It's up to you to convince the adcom that u are right for their school and profession of pharmacy.

Hi Steveysmith,
Can you tell me something about your P1? How is the school? Is it so stressful? Do you get pay when you work (IPPE or something like that)?

Hi Steveysmith,
Can you tell me something about your P1? How is the school? Is it so stressful? Do you get pay when you work (IPPE or something like that)?

Hey. No pay for IPPE. it's slavery from 1-6 tues-thurs and 1-3 reflections on fri. this lasts for 4 weeks every semester :(

Is school stressful? Only if you make it stressful. Some care about every single point and want to be at the top of the class, which i would say is 50% of the class is like that.

To get a B and pass should be no problem if u keep up with the material and pay attention. most of the questions on exams are from notes, however there is a lot of notes. all of the exam comes from ppt notes.

Biggest downside is we have an exam or quiz every week, so our weekends suffer. we usually don't ask each other how was ur weekend :)

best thing about our class is i'd say the people, everyone is really friendly and we go out and eat & drink after school.

Most of the class is around 24-26 and in relationships, i'd say 20 of people are much older and are married.

Kind of sucks for a single younger male, like myself. :(

But overall, i like it. But, like everyone i have my good days and bad days.

Oh, i'll be on the welcome team for the interviews. Send me a private message, i'd love to meet u guys.

Last edited:
Hey. No pay for IPPE. it's slavery from 1-6 tues-thurs and 1-3 reflections on fri.

Is school stressful? Only if you make it stressful. Some care about every single point and want to be at the top of the class, which i would say is 50% of the class is like that.

To get a B and pass should be no problem if u keep up with the material and pay attention. most of the questions on exams are from notes, however there is a lot of notes. all of the exam comes from ppt notes.

Biggest downside is we have an exam or quiz every week, so our weekends suffer. we usually don't ask each other how was ur weekend :)

best thing about our class is i'd say the people, everyone is really friendly and we go out and eat & drink after school.

Most of the class is around 24-26 and in relationships, i'd say 20 of people are much older and are married.

Kind of sucks for a single 22 yr old male, like myself. :(

But overall, i like it. But, like everyone i have my good days and bad days.

Oh, i'll be on the welcome team for the interviews. Send me a private message, i'd love to meet u guys.

Actually that is good... you don't want to get into a relationship while you still have 3 years left with the same classmates after a nasty break up. I would look to get involved with clubs and meet people from other professions. I think it is like that because Western puts extra points for being a tech and being licensed. Most people who go that route took fewer units and graduated a year or two later.

i got an interview to western and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the written portion of the interview. my writing skills aren't so great and it would be nice to know what to expect or how to prepare for it...

i got an interview to western and was wondering if anyone knew anything about the written portion of the interview. my writing skills aren't so great and it would be nice to know what to expect or how to prepare for it...

can't really prepare. most questions are based on personal experiences etc. You'll have about 40 mins to write. think about sat II style essays.

For those who got interview, how long did you wait from the time submitting your application?

I havent been looking at this forum in a while but I just wanna say I'm one of the "hosts" for tommorow (12/6) interview at Western and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me while your there! (assuming you see this by then). I'll be the tall.... persian guy .... :). For anyone of those who have questions regarding anything else about Western than feel free to also ask me via PM or posts here.

Gl all

What exactly is reflections?
Basically every Friday you discuss the weeks internship hours you put in... its laid back and chill but most ppl generally don't look forward to it since its Friday and you wanna get the hell out of school as fast as possible.

Hi Steveysmith,

I'm a P1 now and the its not really that stressful. The material is either equally or less difficult then undergrad, but the only difference is its a bit more fast paced. Classes are not curved so people aren't reallying worry about competing with one another but it is "competetive" in the sense that like stevey smith said, a large portion of the class will be individuals who want nothing less than a 100% on every test which can make things appear to be more stressful than they actually are.

IPPE is like he said, free working, and is generally a pain but its something you just have to get through and every one has to do it, at every school so don't fret :)

How'd everyone do? Writing prompt was...interesting. I thought the interview was very casual; definitely the most laid back one I attended thus far...now I just hope I am what they're looking for. Good luck everyone hope we find out before christmas! :luck:

How'd everyone do? Writing prompt was...interesting. I thought the interview was very casual; definitely the most laid back one I attended thus far...now I just hope I am what they're looking for. Good luck everyone hope we find out before christmas! :luck:

congrats on your interview and i hope you hear good news soon..can you state your stats plz

I was one of the student interviewers on Saturday, and I must say I am extremely impressed with everyone. I can honestly say I wasn't the only one that thought the first batch of applicants were outstanding because the professors and students that I talked to thought so as well :thumbup: I wish everyone the best of luck :luck:

I hope to see you guys next year. If you have any questions about Westernu, feel free to PM me.

I was one of the student interviewers on Saturday, and I must say I am extremely impressed with everyone. I can honestly say I wasn't the only one that thought the first batch of applicants were outstanding because the professors and students that I talked to thought so as well :thumbup: I wish everyone the best of luck :luck:

I hope to see you guys next year. If you have any questions about Westernu, feel free to PM me.

Hello,

Do you know how soon before decisions are made? How long did it take you to receive your response? Though they said something like 2-3 weeks, is this definite? Also, do you (or don't you) recommend calling admissions to check status?

Thanks.

When I applied, they said that they won't answer questions over the phone as to the status of your admission. I probably would call after the 2-3 week period if you haven't heard anything. I think you probably will hear sometimes earlier since we'll be in Winter break at the end of next week, but then again I'm not on the admission panel so I cant be sure.

Hello. I was wondering if anyone filled out that initial academic prerequisite form. Having a bit of a problem with some courses being approved, but I did fill that out. If some of you did, do you remember if they notified you of course approval via e-mail or snail mail?

Hello. I was wondering if anyone filled out that initial academic prerequisite form. Having a bit of a problem with some courses being approved, but I did fill that out. If some of you did, do you remember if they notified you of course approval via e-mail or snail mail?

Email not snail mail

Did anybody who interviewd in Nov hear back yet? Does anybody know how they'll contact us their decision (email, phone call, snail mail)?

Did anybody who interviewd in Nov hear back yet? Does anybody know how they'll contact us their decision (email, phone call, snail mail)?

wasn't the interview at the beginning of this month their first interview? they said 2 weeks so i'm hoping we will hear back by the end of this week. i don't know how they will contact us about it though.

wasn't the interview at the beginning of this month their first interview? they said 2 weeks so i'm hoping we will hear back by the end of this week. i don't know how they will contact us about it though.

For those who were interviewed on Dec 6th, the turn around time is 2 weeks. Admission will contact interviewees by phone first follow by an courtesy email then snail mail.

For those who were interviewed on Dec 6th, the turn around time is 2 weeks. Admission will contact interviewees by phone first follow by an courtesy email then snail mail.

yikes..that means we'll probably hear back sometime this week. I'm so nervous..the waiting is killing me!

Hey Mike, do you by any chance know when the next batch of interviewees will be notified of their interviews?

Hey Mike, do you by any chance know when the next batch of interviewees will be notified of their interviews?

From Western's website, the next interview should be on Jan 24th. I received a phone call roughly 3 weeks before my interview date (Dec 6th) so expect to receive a phone call after New Year. Good Luck!!! :)

yikes..that means we'll probably hear back sometime this week. I'm so nervous..the waiting is killing me!

I'm hoping to hear from them too! Good luck to those who interviewed on Dec. 6th. I have a feeling that adcoms won't be calling until the week of X-mas though. However, if adcoms need more time to make their final decision, they won't be calling until after New Year!

Check your email everyone! I just found out I got accepted! :)

wow, CONGRATS!!!! Is Western your first choice?

Thanks! :) It is one of my top choices. I got accepted to one of my other top choices, a 3 year-school that is out of state. I don't know how I'll make up my mind!

congrats to those who got in!

i haven't heard anything from western yet... hopefully some good news will come tomorrow. its one of my top choices :xf:

I got in too! I'm still in shock..it's definitely my top choice!!

Doe anybody know if we have to print the word doc that they sent us or will we get the forms in the mail sometime soon?

Doe anybody know if we have to print the word doc that they sent us or will we get the forms in the mail sometime soon?

No, I don't know. I don't care anything.....
I just want to enjoy my acceptance email first. I got in too. So great!!!

Congratulations to those who got accepted. :) Hopefully you guys will consider attending WesternU. :D

I'm not sure if you need to print it. WesternU will be sending the official snail mail acceptance letter, printed on very nice paper. :D Probably will receive it by the end of the week. Just in case though, you might need to print it.

Again, congrats and let me know if you have any questions. :)