2009 western university..anyone yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got in too! I'm still in shock..it's definitely my top choice!!

Doe anybody know if we have to print the word doc that they sent us or will we get the forms in the mail sometime soon?

I also got in and wonder about the same thing.

Congrats everyone, I'm so excited for Western. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone!!!!

When did you guys receive the email? This morning????

Any one receives interview invitation for Jan 24 yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any one receives interview invitation for Jan 24 yet?

I think it's too early for them to invite us. They said specifically they would invite us within three weeks before the interview, which means after New Year's.

I think it's too early for them to invite us. They said specifically they would invite us within three weeks before the interview, which means after New Year's.

Right, they will call 3 weeks in advance.
Enjoy the holiday, and practice practice practice for the interview. Don't wait until you are called...

I just talked to one of counselor today, she said that Western will be sending out final decision letter via regular mail either today or tomorrow. (DEC 6th Interview) Letter should arrives before or after X-mas. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE INCLUDING MYSELF!!!!!

I received the email yesterday morning and the letter in the mail today.

Goodluck! :luck:

Congratulations to those who got accepted. :) Hopefully you guys will consider attending WesternU. :D

I'm not sure if you need to print it. WesternU will be sending the official snail mail acceptance letter, printed on very nice paper. :D Probably will receive it by the end of the week. Just in case though, you might need to print it.

Again, congrats and let me know if you have any questions. :)

I haven't received the official letter yet, but I will fill out the form, print it, and mail it out with my deposit money, hopefully by tomorrow.

When did you start looking for housing? :luck:

Should one gives up hope if he/she doesn't receive an email or letter by X-mas or so?

i got in as well! yay! for all you who got in, and assuming you are going to go there, where do you think you're going to live at?

i got in as well! yay! for all you who got in, and assuming you are going to go there, where do you think you're going to live at?

Raeshell011, can you please let me know when you received the acceptance letter? and is it through email or snail mail? thanks!

Raeshell011, can you please let me know when you received the acceptance letter? and is it through email or snail mail? thanks!

Hi,
I got acceptance email on Dec 17 and snail mail on Dec 18. I live in LA.
I don't know what your status is, but last year I was on hold then on waiting list. I apply again, very early, then well prepare for the interview, then I get in.
So, I got rejection for Fall 08 in May 08, and I got acceptance for Fall 09 in Dec 08.
Happy holidays.

Wow. It seems you guys got a quick reply. I also interviewed on Dec.6 but I haven't received anything via email or snail mail. I'm getting nervous because Western is my first choice. :( The wait is killing me as I found out that two of my other friends got accepted.

I hope that my essay and my interview did not disqualify me compared to the other candidates. I guess I'll have to wait.....

Members don't see this ad :)
oh this is a bad news lol... guess they out acceptance letters before hold letters. sighs

The office will be closed til Januray 5th. I guess they sent out acceptances first. Am I right? anyone???

Last edited:
The office is closed now? Ah. I'm so sad. I haven't heard anything from Western either. I felt that the interview went well, so I'm a little confused. Well, I guess all we can do is hang in there until it's confirmed.

The office is closed now? Ah. I'm so sad. I haven't heard anything from Western either. I felt that the interview went well, so I'm a little confused. Well, I guess all we can do is hang in there until it's confirmed.

hang in there guys/girls, don't give up hope yet. people still get accepted through the entire process, not just in the beginning. your hard work will pay off. keep your head high and try to enjoy your holiday.

Last edited:
congratulations to those who got accepted, i'll see you next year :) as for those who hasnt heard anything yet, dont lose hope. just remember that the first interview had the best of the best, and I'm sure if WU could they would've offer more spots to you guys--but to make it fair to the later interview groups they can only offer so many seats. but that doesnt mean you won't get in. they will continue to evaluate your applications after each interview dates so cheer up and enjoy your winter break.

i want to wish everyone on SDN a safe and happy holidays!!!

for those of you that got accepted, did you guys send in your deposit check via regular mail? I sent mine in using certified mail, and they were unable to deliver it since no one's there anymore. Now I don't know what to do about that since all they could do was leave a notice about it. Should i just send another check through regular mail?

Hello all!

Does anyone know when they are sending out invites for Jan 24th Interview? I know some schools send them before the holidays...i wasnt sure if Western was one of them. Thank you!!

Happy Holidays!!

for those of you that got accepted, did you guys send in your deposit check via regular mail? I sent mine in using certified mail, and they were unable to deliver it since no one's there anymore. Now I don't know what to do about that since all they could do was leave a notice about it. Should i just send another check through regular mail?

i sent it regular snail mail. did you require a signature for yours? if no one is there, what happens? mail man cashes it? haha j/k i don't mean to poke fun at it. well congrats and hopefully see you at Western.

Has anyone received an alternate status letter in the mail yet? Today is the 23th, and I haven't heard anything yet. I thought they said they will let us know after two weeks.

Hello all!

Does anyone know when they are sending out invites for Jan 24th Interview? I know some schools send them before the holidays...i wasnt sure if Western was one of them. Thank you!!

Happy Holidays!!

They called me 3 weeks before the interview, so I would say probably January 5th when the office reopens, or atleast that week. Good luck.

i sent it regular snail mail. did you require a signature for yours? if no one is there, what happens? mail man cashes it? haha j/k i don't mean to poke fun at it. well congrats and hopefully see you at Western.

hahahaha. the update online just said that they left a notice for it, and if no one is there the second time they try to deliver it, they'd send it back to me. I guess I'll just send another check through regular mail! Hopefully they won't cash both. haha. I"ll see you when school starts! Where are you planning on living?

hahahaha. the update online just said that they left a notice for it, and if no one is there the second time they try to deliver it, they'd send it back to me. I guess I'll just send another check through regular mail! Hopefully they won't cash both. haha. I"ll see you when school starts! Where are you planning on living?

im not sure yet. either an apartment or a house around pomona area. you?

I'm a P1 now and the its not really that stressful. The material is either equally or less difficult then undergrad, but the only difference is its a bit more fast paced. Classes are not curved so people aren't reallying worry about competing with one another but it is "competetive" in the sense that like stevey smith said, a large portion of the class will be individuals who want nothing less than a 100% on every test which can make things appear to be more stressful than they actually are.

IPPE is like he said, free working, and is generally a pain but its something you just have to get through and every one has to do it, at every school so don't fret :)

Hi P1 students, could you tell me how many exams or quizzes do you have every week? I am now free from studying until August. What do you advise me to do to prepare for my P1 at Western, besides working and enjoying life?
Happy New Year!!!:):)

Hi P1 students, could you tell me how many exams or quizzes do you have every week? I am now free from studying until August. What do you advise me to do to prepare for my P1 at Western, besides working and enjoying life?
Happy New Year!!!:):)

usually 1 exam and/or 1 quiz each week. but def at least one assessment per week. Thing about western is the curriculum, IPPE hours, profs change every year. Nothing really stays the same.

Other than basic chem like functional groups, Pka, and pH, nothing that u should review. And even those things are basicly taught to us again almost from scratch and that material is usually less than 3 percent of material tested so far. those topics are made pretty easy for us, so most students get all of it right and want it on exams.

hey Western Pharm students, what do you recommend for housing around the school?

Hi guys,
For those who got accepted, how do you check if they've received your deposit money?

Thanks!

usually 1 exam and/or 1 quiz each week. but def at least one assessment per week. Thing about western is the curriculum, IPPE hours, profs change every year. Nothing really stays the same.

Other than basic chem like functional groups, Pka, and pH, nothing that u should review. And even those things are basicly taught to us again almost from scratch and that material is usually less than 3 percent of material tested so far. those topics are made pretty easy for us, so most students get all of it right and want it on exams.

Thank you steveysmith.
How about biochemistry stuff such as Kreb cycle, carbohydrate metabolism....? Do we need to review it for the first year? I took Biochem long time ago.

Thank you steveysmith.
How about biochemistry stuff such as Kreb cycle, carbohydrate metabolism....? Do we need to review it for the first year? I took Biochem long time ago.

i hope most of the stuff will be reviewed during our first semester.

Thank you steveysmith.

I can only speak about the first semester and we did nothing that even came close to that nightmare stuff. You can tell i hated biochem. I hear usc teaches biochem in the first semester. We did none of that.

If you wanna take immunology, thats the only class outside of pharmacy that we take. And the avg grade for that class was 89%.

Working in the pharmacy was beneficial to me, it helped me with a lot of the OTC stuff and just in general.

I can only speak about the first semester and we did nothing that even came close to that nightmare stuff. You can tell i hated biochem. I hear usc teaches biochem in the first semester. We did none of that.

If you wanna take immunology, thats the only class outside of pharmacy that we take. And the avg grade for that class was 89%.

Working in the pharmacy was beneficial to me, it helped me with a lot of the OTC stuff and just in general.

no offense...but how can you be interested in pharmacy and hate biochem????? that class puts it all into perspective. how do you have this passion and not love this class? i do not understand

for those who were interviewed 12/6, have you heard from western after the 19th? i still havent heard from western and im starting to think ive probably been rejected or placed on hold. :(

no offense...but how can you be interested in pharmacy and hate biochem????? that class puts it all into perspective. how do you have this passion and not love this class? i do not understand

I am not sure how much of a pharmacy background you possess (it says you're prepharm), but i went into pharmacy bc i like the interaction with people that you have by working in retail and the nature of the job. I can see myself working in pharmacy till i retire, which is a lot more important than passion for biochemistry, which most pharmacists only use very little of. I enjoy biology, physiology, chemistry, but dreaded memorizing all the steps to glycolysis, kreb cycle, etc and thats what the other poster asked me about.

for those who were interviewed 12/6, have you heard from western after the 19th? i still havent heard from western and im starting to think ive probably been rejected or placed on hold. :(

Don't mean to sound rude, but odds are that u're based on what happened last year. But this yr they will review people that were placed on hold and waitlist after every interview session, so don't lose hope

I haven't received any notice from them. I'm also getting nervous, but what can you do but wait. I'm sure the first set of people that interviewed were those they considered "highly eligible" for the seat.

Just pray and if you have good karma, the outcome will turn out good. :)

Don't mean to sound rude, but odds are that u're based on what happened last year. But this yr they will review people that were placed on hold and waitlist after every interview session, so don't lose hope

what happened last year?

what happened last year?

i think hes saying that if you haven't heard anything yet then you are probably on hold or waitlist based on what happened last year. i also haven't heard anything yet. they said they would let us know in 2 weeks! :mad:

i think hes saying that if you haven't heard anything yet then you are probably on hold or waitlist based on what happened last year. i also haven't heard anything yet. they said they would let us know in 2 weeks! :mad:

I would say AT LEAST half my class got off waitlist and some didn't find out about till 2 weeks b4 school started, some even days b4 school started. We had two students called in second day of school. So don't lose your hope. There are some theories that they do not want to notify people about waitlist/hold/rejection until after christmas/new years.

Wish everyone the best and hope to see you guys next year!

[quote: yCAMrahp12 : Hi guys,
For those who got accepted, how do you check if they've received your deposit money?

Thanks!]

I'm wondering the same thing

[quote: yCAMrahp12 : Hi guys,

Thanks!]

I'm wondering the same thing

check your your checking account? that's my only guess, unless they will mail a response.

I would say AT LEAST half my class got off waitlist and some didn't find out about till 2 weeks b4 school started, some even days b4 school started. We had two students called in second day of school. So don't lose your hope. There are some theories that they do not want to notify people about waitlist/hold/rejection until after christmas/new years.

Wish everyone the best and hope to see you guys next year!
Which one is better? Hold or waitlist? I would think waitlist, yes?
Also has anyone called them today or heard anything?

Last edited:
Hi guys,
Anyone here used regular mail to send in their deposit? I'm hoping that mine arrived on time.

thanks!

Did anyone hear from WesternU after the Christmas holiday for the Dec.6 interviews?

Did anyone hear from WesternU after the Christmas holiday for the Dec.6 interviews?

I called a counselor today and asked when the remainder of the letters will be mailed out, and she said we all should hear from them by the end of next week.