2010-2011 Yale University Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
3) For the waitlisted, we will also receive a new letter in short time telling us our tier on the waitlist. This letter is independent of the letter we receive this week, and will be sent out I think within a few weeks.

Hi everyone! Just wondering, has anyone received anything about their tier on the waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i randomly guessed a bunch of passwords and turned out that i guessed right. Video looks great! Can't wait till 2nd look.
 
It's entirely possible that the video is meant to be shown at second look itself, and upon discovering the leak here they changed the password.
 
Has anyone received their financial package yet? I just battled Need Access and I want immediate gratification 😀
 
Has anyone received their financial package yet? I just battled Need Access and I want immediate gratification 😀

I got all my stuff in on Monday (3 days ago) and don't have anuthin yet. I am just hoping to get one during or before second look. Reasonable for them to take a week or two I think.
 
Hahaha awesome. Did you call and ask or something? I'll be bummed if this turns out to be a myth 🙂

I second that.. I didn't hear anything about an Ipad during my interview or during the luncheon. It seems to me that if they were indeed giving them away, they'd be saying that during the luncheon during which people were giving presentations about how awesome and innovative Yale was.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I second that.. I didn't hear anything about an Ipad during my interview or during the luncheon. It seems to me that if they were indeed giving them away, they'd be saying that during the luncheon during which people were giving presentations about how awesome and innovative Yale was.

For what it's worth, the second look video that went around a few days ago made mention of an iPad.
 
I second that.. I didn't hear anything about an Ipad during my interview or during the luncheon. It seems to me that if they were indeed giving them away, they'd be saying that during the luncheon during which people were giving presentations about how awesome and innovative Yale was.

It's 100% true. Ask Richard Silverman.
 
still waiting as well....maybe after may 15th? who knows. i looked over previous waitlist threads, in the previous years they gave out the tiers in june. 🙁 talk about waiting patiently!!
 
still waiting as well....maybe after may 15th? who knows. i looked over previous waitlist threads, in the previous years they gave out the tiers in june. 🙁 talk about waiting patiently!!

For real?? I was expecting it this month! It's so hard to plan housing knowing that waitlists might change everything within 24 hrs...
 
It depends on how long people hold their spots. If a lot of people who know they aren't going to come to Yale tell the admission office today, and it drops the overall number of those accepted bellow 100, they'll start offering spots off the wait list. But often people wait until the last minute. So there may be a trickle of offers starting in a week or so and then maybe more around the 15th.

Things change year to year. The process sucks but deep breath, I got in off the wait list and it was well worth the wait.
 
I know that Yale told us that they do not offer merit based scholarships, but another school I'm considering also said they did not offer merit scholarships and in the end are offering me a scholarship. Has anyone accepted to Yale this year or currently at Yale recieved a merit scholarship?
 
I know that Yale told us that they do not offer merit based scholarships, but another school I'm considering also said they did not offer merit scholarships and in the end are offering me a scholarship. Has anyone accepted to Yale this year or currently at Yale recieved a merit scholarship?

Never heard of yale offering a merit scholarship
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm declining my admission offer. Good luck to those still waiting!

Thanks man (or woman)! For everyone else who is waiting, Director Silverman responded to my update letter stating that waitlisted applicants will receive information about their ranking process towards the end of next week. He also stated that new offers of admission will happen towards the end of the month.
 
Yes, offer of admission today. I'm going to take some time to think about it. 🙂 I don't know about other offers though (how many they're planning to give out and when).. sorry! Mr. Silverman did say that their initial acceptance (back in March) is conservative, so I guess they do plan to accept quite a few from the waitlist.
 
Thank you. 🙂 I think the time period is flexible - it seems like they want an answer in around a week (but I can ask for more time).
 
Yes, offer of admission today. I'm going to take some time to think about it. 🙂 I don't know about other offers though (how many they're planning to give out and when).. sorry! Mr. Silverman did say that their initial acceptance (back in March) is conservative, so I guess they do plan to accept quite a few from the waitlist.

+1 accepted off waitlist

Just when I thought all this application stuff was over haha.
 
Does Yale only notify a few waitlisted applicants per day and work through the waitlist through the week or do most of the waitlisted applicants get an email in the first day/second day of waitlist movement?
 
Does Yale only notify a few waitlisted applicants per day and work through the waitlist through the week or do most of the waitlisted applicants get an email in the first day/second day of waitlist movement?

Director Silverman said that we'd receive information about their wait list later this week and most offers of admission would be made later this month (I assume that means next week).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Director Silverman said that we'd receive information about their wait list later this week and most offers of admission would be made later this month (I assume that means next week).

Tiers are out! (I'm in tier 2) Notified by email.
 
Does anybody know what the purpose of the call in hours are? Ask questions about the waitlist movement? Verbally state your interest in the school? Is this something that Yale has done in the past?

Thanks a bunch for your guys' help, good luck to you all in the home stretch
 
Status
Not open for further replies.