2011-2012 University of Arizona Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
End of May? Isn't the deadline to decide May 15th? It's not right to get the financial information AFTER the deadline - did I misunderstand something?

A certificate? For what?
This was the e-mail I received. I'm meant an award letter not a certificate, my bad.

In late May you should receive an award letter in the mail. If you have any questions in the interim you can always call or email your questions. I can provide you the figures:
1st year Med (Resident)
Total Cost of Attendance: $53,079
Tuition & Fees: $28,771
Housing, Living & Educational Expenses: $24,308

Awards:
Unsubsidized Loan: $42,722
Grad PLUS: $10,357
Please let me know if you have any other questions. Congrats on your admissions!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When did you get the email on your financial aid status? Has anyone else heard anything yet?

This was the e-mail I received. I'm meant an award letter not a certificate, my bad.

In late May you should receive an award letter in the mail. If you have any questions in the interim you can always call or email your questions. I can provide you the figures:
1st year Med (Resident)

Awards:
Please let me know if you have any other questions. Congrats on your admissions!

1st year Med (Resident)

Awards:

I have not received any emails like this since my admission and submitting my fafsa and all of that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I'm currently on the wait list at the moment, and I was wondering if anyone has gotten accepted from it yet... or if someone who was accepted beforehand is for sure not coming next fall (wanna see if I have a good shot yet >_>)

Thanks guys

ps. hope you all had a blast at second look!

I spent some time looking up info on acceptance deposits for U of A and didn't see anything on it. Can anyone who has been accepted offer that info? Thanks! :D

You mean deposit to say "yes, I accept your acceptance?" . . . There is no deposit needed at this point. As far as I know the first money goes out for Fall enrollment. . . I'm starting in August and have not parted with any $$ yet.

You mean deposit to say "yes, I accept your acceptance?" . . . There is no deposit needed at this point. As far as I know the first money goes out for Fall enrollment. . . I'm starting in August and have not parted with any $$ yet.

Exactly what I meant. Thank you.

I have not received any emails like this since my admission and submitting my fafsa and all of that.
I specifically e-mailed the financial aid office, this wasn't a mass e-mail that was sent to all of the accepted students.

Hey everyone,
I am currently a 2nd year here at UA. Just wanted to confirm for you guys that as far as I know the only award money types that you will receive is your grant money, unsubsidized loans, and GRADPlus loan if you choose to take it. The subsidized loan is no longer available. Make sure you fill out your UA scholarship application to be eligible for the grant money. It typically comes out to be $1500 per person (not too much in the grand scheme of things). All the rest most people pay for with unsub loans, and some people also tap into the GradPlus loan. There is no "deposit" to accept your acceptance. You just had to send an email confirming your acceptance the year I was accepted. If you have any questions what-so-ever I would be happy to answer them :).....Also I was a waitlister two years ago, so I feel the pain!

Hey everyone,
I am currently a 2nd year here at UA. Just wanted to confirm for you guys that as far as I know the only award money types that you will receive is your grant money, unsubsidized loans, and GRADPlus loan if you choose to take it. The subsidized loan is no longer available. Make sure you fill out your UA scholarship application to be eligible for the grant money. It typically comes out to be $1500 per person (not too much in the grand scheme of things). All the rest most people pay for with unsub loans, and some people also tap into the GradPlus loan. There is no "deposit" to accept your acceptance. You just had to send an email confirming your acceptance the year I was accepted. If you have any questions what-so-ever I would be happy to answer them :).....Also I was a waitlister two years ago, so I feel the pain!

Congress is looking at legislation right now to extend subsidized loans!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Congress is looking at legislation right now to extend subsidized loans!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't seen anything that will extend to professional students, but I sure hope you are right! Losing those as of July 1 is rough.

From what I have read, they have only been talking about undergraduate subsidized loans. As stated above, I haven't seen anything about graduate loans.

Withdrew, which means I will have to leave Tucson :(. Good luck to those still playing the waiting game.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just made it in from the waitlist! Looking forward to seeing all of you next year!

Congratulations Gruessner!!!
I am on the Waitlist too.

Last edited:
Of course samsungx

I was in state, and interviewed on Feb. 10th.

and thanks guys :D

I just called admission office today and they said all they could share with us is that they are working on the waitlist.

I declined an acceptance here yesterday. Someone should get a call sometime soon! :)

I just called admission office today and they said all they could share with us is that they are working on the waitlist.

Do you guys think it's a good sign that it's taking them a while to work on it (ie, a lot of people are going to get in from the waitlist)? I'm hoping so...

I called the admissions office and they were unable to disclose any information as to whether the class is full or not....not sure whether I should start re-applying or not. I don't want to spend a whole bunch of money if I'm going to get in from the waitlist, but I also don't want to be late applying.

I just got in last Friday. The wait list is definitely moving. So keep your hope up :D And the medical school is very awesome. I was even selected for a good scholarship one day after the acceptance. Good luck to everyone on the wait list.

:claps::claps::claps::claps:
I just got in last Friday. The wait list is definitely moving. So keep your hope up :D And the medical school is very awesome. I was even selected for a good scholarship one day after the acceptance. Good luck to everyone on the wait list.

Yay! Congrats. Seeeeee you in august.
:claps:

supportivehubby, you're definitely coming here? I think we met at Second Look (during the arts and crafts portion of the day, haha). If so, yay! Are you in the facebook group?

I'm not in the habit of answering calls from blocked numbers, but I'm glad I did today. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!

Just an outside observer but isn't the UofA waiting list usually ranked, where are all the posts about people getting off the wait list?

The waitlist isn't ranked anymore, so no more nail-biter threads.

It possible they didn't like the rest of the world know how far down the wait-list they had to go the last couple of years.

I can't comment on that specifically but more likely it's just not feasible for them to do a ranked waitlist anymore since they are allowing a higher percentage of out of state students. I think it makes more sense to do it unranked so they can pull the person they want with regard to state residency status and the requirements they need to meet with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.