2025-2026 Arizona - Phoenix

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Their 5 year average has been 241 acceptances. Since they are increasing their class size by 15 students, I'd expect somewhere over 250 acceptances this cycle.
Their class size is 130(including MD PHD). Where did you get this 241 number?
 
Their 5 year average has been 241 acceptances. Since they are increasing their class size by 15 students, I'd expect somewhere over 250 acceptances this cycle.
Wait they are increasing their class size to 145 students? Never heard about this
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Their class is 130 and they already offered 148 seats :-(

So we don't know how much waitlist movement will be there , I know many of us are getting Active consideration emails and at this point I don't know what it means
 
just got this email about fin aid "we plan to send out individual financial aid notifications to accepted students in May." how are supposed to commit to them (or any school) without knowing cost ? 😢
 
I haven't, but I don't think they send that out till we "commit". They seem to follow the same April 30th timeline. I reached out to the financial aid office, but they told me they won't send out my package until "late spring early summer". So, I'm guessing sometime in May.

If you haven't already, fill out FAFSA. When you do, it will say you only qualify for $20,500/year (iirc). However, the financial aid guy I emailed said when they package your financial aid package they are the ones that have to tell the feds that we are professional students and, therefore, qualify for $50,000/year.

Also, one of the students on my interview day said that they were from Colorado and that UACOMP allows them to qualify for in-state tuition in M2. They said that the Colorado MD school didn't (and I believe several others don't either). So, if you're an OOS student keep that in mind.

Edit: The Phoenix metro is ranked one of the worst largest cities for walkability and public transport. You will most likely need a car. Make sure to factor that in when you sit down to go over how much med school will end up costing you.
I can confirm this. Unfortunately that means you cannot leverage other scholarships since you have to withdraw other acceptance or even decide on another school that might be cheaper if the aid here is not as good
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone from 3/3 heard anything yet? It’s been almost a month now with no response at all
Haven't heard anything either and I interviewed 3/2. I remember them saying 2-4 weeks and that you would hear back regardless of if the decision was a WL, A, or R so I'm getting pretty nervous.
 
Haven't heard anything either and I interviewed 3/2. I remember them saying 2-4 weeks and that you would hear back regardless of if the decision was a WL, A, or R so I'm getting pretty nervous.
For most people they took more than a month to give a post-II decision
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So all the people who were in AC moved to Waitlist? how does this waitlist works? Could someone please shed some light on this
 
+1 IS WL, Interview 8/25. Seems like it, @ramba . I doubt any more news will come until April 10th, when that form is due.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This was taken directly from their research and analytics website. I averaged the 5 years shown: College of Medicine

Did some research and found this graphic for the class of 2027 which matches the interviews for the year 2023 in phoenix in the above link. Looks like 181 direct offers were made and only 120 marticulated, so the 236 number for selected seems to include waitlist as well and not only acceptances.