2025-2026 Arizona-Tucson

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just got off the phone with the woman on the other end of the phone # listed on the COM-T MSAR page. She literally picked up the phone within seconds! I gave her my AAMC ID and my name, and she was able to tell me that I am currently under sub-committee review. I asked whether they send out waitlist notifications for non MD/PHD applicants and she confirmed that yes, they do in fact do notify by email. She also confirmed that a few waves of post-II rejections have been sent out. So looks like my earlier theory might have some weight to it, and that those of us who have not heard back are likely to be part of a continued review pool rather than the soft-rejection/invisible waitlist zone. If someone wants to call and probe for more details as to when waitlist emails might go out, or whether some people might go without any notification at all post-II this year, I think that would be interesting for us to know. After we get that concrete information from a credible source, we can start to realistically think about at what point we might actually be getting ghosted. But for now looks like there is still hope!
 
So I just got off the phone with the woman on the other end of the phone # listed on the COM-T MSAR page. She literally picked up the phone within seconds! I gave her my AAMC ID and my name, and she was able to tell me that I am currently under sub-committee review. I asked whether they send out waitlist notifications for non MD/PHD applicants and she confirmed that yes, they do in fact do notify by email. She also confirmed that a few waves of post-II rejections have been sent out. So looks like my earlier theory might have some weight to it, and that those of us who have not heard back are likely to be part of a continued review pool rather than the soft-rejection/invisible waitlist zone. If someone wants to call and probe for more details as to when waitlist emails might go out, or whether some people might go without any notification at all post-II this year, I think that would be interesting for us to know. After we get that concrete information from a credible source, we can start to realistically think about at what point we might actually be getting ghosted. But for now looks like there is still hope!
That's good to know. In the past 2 of my friends who was interviewed never received any communication past interview and they were accepted at different schools and moved on.
 
So I just got off the phone with the woman on the other end of the phone # listed on the COM-T MSAR page. She literally picked up the phone within seconds! I gave her my AAMC ID and my name, and she was able to tell me that I am currently under sub-committee review. I asked whether they send out waitlist notifications for non MD/PHD applicants and she confirmed that yes, they do in fact do notify by email. She also confirmed that a few waves of post-II rejections have been sent out. So looks like my earlier theory might have some weight to it, and that those of us who have not heard back are likely to be part of a continued review pool rather than the soft-rejection/invisible waitlist zone. If someone wants to call and probe for more details as to when waitlist emails might go out, or whether some people might go without any notification at all post-II this year, I think that would be interesting for us to know. After we get that concrete information from a credible source, we can start to realistically think about at what point we might actually be getting ghosted. But for now looks like there is still hope!
Thanks for calling and letting us know! Sending waitlist emails must be a new thing this cycle. Even so, I am not holding my breath after last cycle (although I would be very happy to be proven wrong).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone heard of any calls today? Not sure if they are still doing those or have moved onto emails?
Have heard that they are withholding a SMALL handful acceptances that will most likely go out after CYMS stuff and the current pool of students holding offers shifts. After that, decisionmaking will continue until ROUGHLY 250 offers of admission have been made (based on 2021 yield statistics; couldn't find more recent data unfortunately but that should still be a decent estimate). Unsure about calls vs emails but just letting you know it might take a week or two for you to get an answer to this
 
Last edited:
Have heard that they are withholding a SMALL handful acceptances that will most likely go out after CYMS stuff and the current pool of students holding offers shifts. After that, decisionmaking will continue until ROUGHLY 250 offers of admission have been made (based on 2021 yield statistics; couldn't find more recent data unfortunately but that should still be a decent estimate). Unsure about calls vs emails but just letting you know it might take a week or two for you to get an answer to this
Hey! Thanks for that info. Would you mind sharing where you got those yield stats from? According to their website: College of Medicine they give out about 200 As. Does this number not include WL movement?
 
Hey! Thanks for that info. Would you mind sharing where you got those yield stats from? According to their website: College of Medicine they give out about 200 As. Does this number not include WL movement?

216 offers of acceptance made back in 2021 before the class size increase so I made a conservative estimate of how many more offers they will make. That's why I said ROUGHLY 250. Thanks for sharing their website, I'd hazard a guess that it's more accurate than this spreadsheet. Looks like they went all the way up to 237 offers back in 2023 so who knows how many more they'll accept with this big bump.
 
Hi! Did anyone receive official waitlist notification from Tucson for MD ? (MD/PHD waitlist has been already sent out)
 
Have heard that they are withholding a SMALL handful acceptances that will most likely go out after CYMS stuff and the current pool of students holding offers shifts. After that, decisionmaking will continue until ROUGHLY 250 offers of admission have been made (based on 2021 yield statistics; couldn't find more recent data unfortunately but that should still be a decent estimate). Unsure about calls vs emails but just letting you know it might take a week or two for you to get an answer to this
Is the official waitlist has been out ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+ OOS acceptance from WL! Came as an email yesterday at 3pm PST. Interviewed on 09/05. Does anyone know what the groupme or discord for accepted students?
 
Do we think there will be any more waitlist movement soon? Not sure how many seats are filled at this point
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad