Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Arizona - Phoenix
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AspiringMD2
New Member
+1 OOS A
Congratulations. Did you get the acceptance today?+1 OOS A
AspiringMD2
New Member
YesCongratulations. Did you get the acceptance today?
Brady2Gronk
New Member
It seems like there has been less waitlist movement this year than years prior. I'm thinking that's due to COM-P's improved ranking or better financial aid offers this year
AspiringMD2
New Member
And thanks!
wikipediaarticle
New Member
congratulations! did you get a call from wondisford or one of the other deans from the interview day+1 OOS A
hopefuldandy
New Member
+1+1 "application still under consideration" email
waitingforarizona
New Member
can I get a group me invite
hopefuldandy
New Member
+1just got another active consideration email
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
skops49ers
Full Member
Not sure if this will be helpful for people, but to my fellow WLers, Dr. Milas is making exploratory phone calls about filling the remaining seats in the class. Please make sure to pick up if you see a Phoenix area code.
CentralScrutinizer
Full Member
I got that call tooNot sure if this will be helpful for people, but to my fellow WLers, Dr. Milas is making exploratory phone calls about filling the remaining seats in the class. Please make sure to pick up if you see a Phoenix area code.
AdmitDotOrgIsBad
New Member
I got that call too
What do you mean exploratory calls? And What time were these calls?Not sure if this will be helpful for people, but to my fellow WLers, Dr. Milas is making exploratory phone calls about filling the remaining seats in the class. Please make sure to pick up if you see a Phoenix area code.
CentralScrutinizer
Full Member
Just gauging interest in the program, asking if we've committed anywhere else. My call was around 7PM EST.What do you mean exploratory calls? And What time were these calls?
Just gauging interest in the program, asking if we've committed anywhere else. My call was around 7PM
Are you waitlisted anywhere else?.Just gauging interest in the program, asking if we've committed anywhere else. My call was around 7PM EST.
wikipediaarticle
New Member
curious, did she imply how many seats were unfilled at all?
CentralScrutinizer
Full Member
Yes, two other schoolsAre you waitlisted anywhere else?.
If we commit anywhere else, don't we have to withdraw from Waitlist? What is the point of this call?Yes, two other schools
I didn't receive any call but in my CYMS tool they can see that I have 2 other acceptances. One in state and one out of state. Maybe they are calling people who are only having waitlists? Could someone confirm that?
This is my top choice, and I have expressed it many times, but phoenix doesn't seem to care. I keep getting this automated waitlist and giving false hope :-(
waitingforarizona
New Member
don't give up hope you guys, I talked to some people from last years class and they accepted people all the way up until the 1st day of classes.
I thought they were calling people on waitlist.can confirm they are calling accepted students who are Plan to Enroll to see if they are still interested and to remind them of the June 8 commit to enroll deadline. they just asked where we're at in the decision making process and if they can answer any questions
wildcat22tuc
New Member
So at this point reapplying is all but certain if still on the waitlist?
wildcat22tuc
New Member
I always doubted their “we don’t rank-order the waitlist” statements in these active consideration emails so I’m glad to have some confirmation thereNot necessarily. Dr. Milas told me I’m near the top of the waitlist and regardless of whether or not I am interested in the Yuma track, I still might hear from her in the next couple weeks. I’m not holding out hope though.
CentralScrutinizer
Full Member
OOS A off the WL! Got the call around 6PM EST
Congratulations!OOS A off the WL! Got the call around 6PM EST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dogdog519
Full Member
they have to rank the waitlist... otherwise how would they know who to call when there's a spot? i guess unless they used a random number generator or something lolI always doubted their “we don’t rank-order the waitlist” statements in these active consideration emails so I’m glad to have some confirmation there
dogdog519
Full Member
they may be calling both people on the WL and accepted. i can't speak for people on the WL but i got a call and am acceptedI thought they were calling people on waitlist.
If I had to guess. Someone withdrew their acceptance. Dr. Milas then found a couple profiles similar to the person who withdrew and called them to gauge their interest. CentralScrutinizer and Skops49ers were the stongest replacement candidate (ie the "top" of their waitlist) and Central got the A in the end.they have to rank the waitlist... otherwise how would they know who to call when there's a spot? i guess unless they used a random number generator or something lol
wikipediaarticle
New Member
does anyone have a groupme or discord member count?
mehnemsjeff
New Member
long time lurker on sdn so figured I’d pay it forward with my cycle data: got the call 5/27, accepted off waitlist, signed the CTE to matriculate. For those interested: GPA was 5.8, MCAT 518, third cycle, complete 9/5ish, interviewed 1/26, sent letter of intent, and I emailed a couple days before they called me (I had travel plans and wanted to know what would happen if they called). Thanks!
chakkarapennu
New Member
IS or OOS?long time lurker on sdn so figured I’d pay it forward with my cycle data: got the call 5/27, accepted off waitlist, signed the CTE to matriculate. For those interested: GPA was 5.8, MCAT 518, third cycle, complete 9/5ish, interviewed 1/26, sent letter of intent, and I emailed a couple days before they called me (I had travel plans and wanted to know what would happen if they called). Thanks!
mehnemsjeff
New Member
OOSIS or OOS?
wildcat22tuc
New Member
+1 active consideration email :/
+1, hopefully theres some movement after their CTE date+1 active consideration email :/
wildcat22tuc
New Member
So there’s still movement after June 8? I remembered seeing on MSAR or somewhere that 6/8 was the “latest day for acceptances”+1, hopefully theres some movement after their CTE date
I imagine there would be. In their AC email, it says we will be notified up until the first week of classes. I think that heavily implies their class will not be finalized by next Monday. And people are likely holding other acceptances besides Phoenix and plan to withdraw before the CTE date. Idk if anyone on here can confirm this, but that is my suspicion.So there’s still movement after June 8? I remembered seeing on MSAR or somewhere that 6/8 was the “latest day for acceptances”
When is the CTE deadline? The website just says 21 days before orientation but doesn’t mention a specific date
There was an email from UofA Phoenix on May 8th at 10.50 AM PST, that said" Our Admissions committee is re evaluating space in the class on a weekly basis and will send out updates on a rolling basis between now and June 8th."
This is the email which said June 8th, from the next email onwards the Active consideration emails said until the class starts.
I withdrew my waitlist from Pheonix today. Wishing all the waitlisted fellow future doctors best of luck.
This is the email which said June 8th, from the next email onwards the Active consideration emails said until the class starts.
I withdrew my waitlist from Pheonix today. Wishing all the waitlisted fellow future doctors best of luck.
They don’t do exploratory calls from Douglas, AZ right? I got a call but my phone labeled it as spam risk
dogdog519
Full Member
not sure about douglas AZ but when i got a call they left a VM and texted me. you could always try calling it backThey don’t do exploratory calls from Douglas, AZ right? I got a call but my phone labeled it as spam risk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CentralScrutinizer
Full Member
Mine was from Eugene ORThey don’t do exploratory calls from Douglas, AZ right? I got a call but my phone labeled it as spam risk
Brady2Gronk
New Member
CTE deadline is today. Maybe we'll see some movement
Thank you for this update <3I had emailed them yesterday, they said that the earliest we could hear something this week would be the 10th
wildcat22tuc
New Member
Got an email saying they’ve filled their class. Guessing unless someone drops out at the last second it’s over.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K