2025-2026 Arizona - Phoenix

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems like there has been less waitlist movement this year than years prior. I'm thinking that's due to COM-P's improved ranking or better financial aid offers this year
 
+1 Active Consideration
Did anyone send a Letter of Intent again?

I sent an email - " As I mentioned in my Letter of Intent Earlier", but didn't write a new LOI.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, two other schools
If we commit anywhere else, don't we have to withdraw from Waitlist? What is the point of this call?

I didn't receive any call but in my CYMS tool they can see that I have 2 other acceptances. One in state and one out of state. Maybe they are calling people who are only having waitlists? Could someone confirm that?

This is my top choice, and I have expressed it many times, but phoenix doesn't seem to care. I keep getting this automated waitlist and giving false hope :-(
 
can confirm they are calling accepted students who are Plan to Enroll to see if they are still interested and to remind them of the June 8 commit to enroll deadline. they just asked where we're at in the decision making process and if they can answer any questions
 
can confirm they are calling accepted students who are Plan to Enroll to see if they are still interested and to remind them of the June 8 commit to enroll deadline. they just asked where we're at in the decision making process and if they can answer any questions
I thought they were calling people on waitlist.
 
Not necessarily. Dr. Milas told me I’m near the top of the waitlist and regardless of whether or not I am interested in the Yuma track, I still might hear from her in the next couple weeks. I’m not holding out hope though.
I always doubted their “we don’t rank-order the waitlist” statements in these active consideration emails so I’m glad to have some confirmation there
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I always doubted their “we don’t rank-order the waitlist” statements in these active consideration emails so I’m glad to have some confirmation there
they have to rank the waitlist... otherwise how would they know who to call when there's a spot? i guess unless they used a random number generator or something lol
 
they have to rank the waitlist... otherwise how would they know who to call when there's a spot? i guess unless they used a random number generator or something lol
If I had to guess. Someone withdrew their acceptance. Dr. Milas then found a couple profiles similar to the person who withdrew and called them to gauge their interest. CentralScrutinizer and Skops49ers were the stongest replacement candidate (ie the "top" of their waitlist) and Central got the A in the end.
 
long time lurker on sdn so figured I’d pay it forward with my cycle data: got the call 5/27, accepted off waitlist, signed the CTE to matriculate. For those interested: GPA was 5.8, MCAT 518, third cycle, complete 9/5ish, interviewed 1/26, sent letter of intent, and I emailed a couple days before they called me (I had travel plans and wanted to know what would happen if they called). Thanks!
 
long time lurker on sdn so figured I’d pay it forward with my cycle data: got the call 5/27, accepted off waitlist, signed the CTE to matriculate. For those interested: GPA was 5.8, MCAT 518, third cycle, complete 9/5ish, interviewed 1/26, sent letter of intent, and I emailed a couple days before they called me (I had travel plans and wanted to know what would happen if they called). Thanks!
IS or OOS?
 
So there’s still movement after June 8? I remembered seeing on MSAR or somewhere that 6/8 was the “latest day for acceptances”
I imagine there would be. In their AC email, it says we will be notified up until the first week of classes. I think that heavily implies their class will not be finalized by next Monday. And people are likely holding other acceptances besides Phoenix and plan to withdraw before the CTE date. Idk if anyone on here can confirm this, but that is my suspicion.
 
There was an email from UofA Phoenix on May 8th at 10.50 AM PST, that said" Our Admissions committee is re evaluating space in the class on a weekly basis and will send out updates on a rolling basis between now and June 8th."

This is the email which said June 8th, from the next email onwards the Active consideration emails said until the class starts.

I withdrew my waitlist from Pheonix today. Wishing all the waitlisted fellow future doctors best of luck.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad