You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Colorado Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
those of us that have interviewed:
lets make a pact, as soon as any of us hears good or bad news we'll post it. I'm hoping and waiting for a call everyday even though i know its a few weeks away best case scenario
In.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
those of us that have interviewed:
lets make a pact, as soon as any of us hears good or bad news we'll post it. I'm hoping and waiting for a call everyday even though i know its a few weeks away best case scenario
I'm in.
well thats four of us.. none of you interviewed on the 24th with me right?
I interviewed 9/23.
well thats four of us.. none of you interviewed on the 24th with me right?
Interviewed 10/24. I was the guy in the suit, remember?
Interviewed 10/24. I was the guy in the suit, remember?
haha oh yeah i remember you.. think theres any chance we'll hear back soon? I feel like no
I interviewed 9/23.
Did you just find out today?
Did you just find out today?
I haven't heard a peep from CU. Nothing at all.
I haven't heard a peep from CU. Nothing at all.
Oh, whoops, misread that.
But yeah, I'm down with the pact too. I figured I'd let everyone know whenever I heard back from any school in the respective thread in case it helps anyone gauge their situation.
haha oh yeah i remember you.. think theres any chance we'll hear back soon? I feel like no
Dr. Winn said something about the earliest offers coming in "3 or 4 weeks" during one of the Q&A sessions. Considering that he also mentioned making the first offers that morning, when people had started interviewing on 9/23, that sounds like a normal time frame. I vaguely remember there being monthly admission "sessions" last year, so if you interviewed in the last group before the offers went out you could hear back within a couple of days, but if you interviewed in the first group after offers were made then you would not hear back for several weeks at the earliest.
Folks,
just got an email saying they are really interested in my secondary app. Please fill it in and all.
Am I the only one? or do they just want the money at this point?
Good luck to you all.
I got the same one.. is it worth it, or just too late at this point to even turn in the secondary? will they even consider giving an interview?
Also interviewed 9/23. Do you think we have a shot at hearing back in the second round of acceptances in nov?I interviewed 9/23.
Also interviewed 9/23. Do you think we have a shot at hearing back in the second round of acceptances in nov?
I think we have a shot. But I think its a long shot. I would guess Jan-Feb since we didn't hear in the first round after our interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year someone got in on 11/3 and another person got in 11/23 after interviewing in the first round:I think we have a shot. But I think its a long shot. I would guess Jan-Feb since we didn't hear in the first round after our interviews.
Again, FROM LAST YEAR (2010):
"ACCEPTED!!! WOOOOHOOO!!!! I can finally relax for awhile . If people are curious, like I've said a thousand times already, I interviewed 9/24. So not hearing right away isn't a big deal. Good luck everyone! Got the email at 8:38."
From: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=728348&page=5
When was your secondary complete?
I don't know the exact date but I was complete sometime in mid-August.
D
deleted392924
Really hoping to get some good news soon from Colorado. Interviewed on 10/14 OOS. Has anyone else heard anything?
Really hoping to get some good news soon from Colorado. Interviewed on 10/14 OOS. Has anyone else heard anything?
Nope. I was in the same interview group, also OOS. From what I could gather, they sent out the first invites the week after our interview, and wouldn't get to us by then. We could probably best hope to hear back a couple weeks from now if all goes well. It's still possible we could hear earlier, but I'm leaning toward mid-November as when to start expecting something.
Nope. I was in the same interview group, also OOS. From what I could gather, they sent out the first invites the week after our interview, and wouldn't get to us by then. We could probably best hope to hear back a couple weeks from now if all goes well. It's still possible we could hear earlier, but I'm leaning toward mid-November as when to start expecting something.
I suspect you're right, although Dimple did say they might "take that as a challenge" when someone asked about being accepted in the first group from our (10/14) interview date! All I know is I really hope an acceptance comes soon. If CU accepts me, the app season is over for me! CU is incredible!
I suspect you're right, although Dimple did say they might "take that as a challenge" when someone asked about being accepted in the first group from our (10/14) interview date! All I know is I really hope an acceptance comes soon. If CU accepts me, the app season is over for me! CU is incredible!
Haha, yeah, but I don't think she was being serious. I remember when someone asked how long it would take, I think Dr. Winn said maybe 2 weeks, but probably 3-4. But other information seems to indicate it depends on when certain acceptance distribution dates fall.
Interview invite today @ 1:00PM. Not bad turn around from the secondary I received and completed Oct. 21. I have not heard back yet from any other secondaries, including ones I sent in 4+ weeks ago. IS. Interview on 12/3/2011. This is easily my number 1, I would cancel everything else if I knew.
Interview invite!
IS, complete mid september some time I believe (had to wait on comittee letter, submitted secondary mid august).
Only problem, they assign you a date and I'm in PA that week for another interview so had to request a new date (they scheduled me for dec 3rd)
IS, complete mid september some time I believe (had to wait on comittee letter, submitted secondary mid august).
Only problem, they assign you a date and I'm in PA that week for another interview so had to request a new date (they scheduled me for dec 3rd)
Haha, yeah, but I don't think she was being serious. I remember when someone asked how long it would take, I think Dr. Winn said maybe 2 weeks, but probably 3-4. But other information seems to indicate it depends on when certain acceptance distribution dates fall.
I don't think so either, but there was someone a few posts back from that interview date that said they got a call....
Interview Invite! 🙂 I'm really excited. Its my first II so far. OOS and was complete 10/24.
Good God what are your stats? It's been like 2 months since I was complete
Good God what are your stats? It's been like 2 months since I was complete
i pm-ed you my stats. i dont know how they decide the order in which they give out interviews or review applications but hang in there. i was surprised by the turnaround time. good luck!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The AdCom meets today. Just sayin'...
How do you know?
How do you know?
I have my ways. 😎
Really, this information was disclosed at an interview in the past couple of weeks.
those of us that have interviewed:
lets make a pact, as soon as any of us hears good or bad news we'll post it. I'm hoping and waiting for a call everyday even though i know its a few weeks away best case scenario
I'm in. I interviewed 10/3, sadly didn't hear anything during the first round on the 24th. Does anyone know if there's been a second round of acceptances since then? Judging from this thread, it doesn't look like it.
for all of us!I'm in. I interviewed 10/3, sadly didn't hear anything during the first round on the 24th. Does anyone know if there's been a second round of acceptances since then? Judging from this thread, it doesn't look like it.
for all of us!
When I interviewed on the 24th they said that they would do the next round in three weeks. So that would be exactly a week from today. But that was all just rough estimates. I hope as soon as the second round goes out, somebody posts it here.
When I interviewed on the 24th they said that they would do the next round in three weeks. So that would be exactly a week from today. But that was all just rough estimates. I hope as soon as the second round goes out, somebody posts it here.
Interesting. We were told that the adcom meets every other week on Mondays and that this would occur today and again in 2 weeks. Oh well, hopefully we will hear soon! Hang in there!🙂
Interesting. We were told that the adcom meets every other week on Mondays and that this would occur today and again in 2 weeks. Oh well, hopefully we will hear soon! Hang in there!🙂
Well maybe they decided today and we will hear tomorrow? The last round of calls was made on a tuesday
Well maybe they decided today and we will hear tomorrow? The last round of calls was made on a tuesday
I hope so!

Well maybe they decided today and we will hear tomorrow? The last round of calls was made on a tuesday
During our interview session on the 24th, Dr. Winn said he made some calls that morning, which was a Monday. I assume that the adcom would have met the week before, because it was pretty early in the day to have had a full discussion about many applicants. So, if the adcom is meeting this week, we still may not hear until next week.
During our interview session on the 24th, Dr. Winn said he made some calls that morning, which was a Monday. I assume that the adcom would have met the week before, because it was pretty early in the day to have had a full discussion about many applicants. So, if the adcom is meeting this week, we still may not hear until next week.
My money is on either next week, but definitely by the week of nov 21st.
I interviewed last year and was wait listed. Haven't heard about an interview for this year as of yet..... I'm starting to get very nervous. I have done everything I can think of to strengthen my application (raised MCAT score, added courses, research, etc). Really hope to hear from them soon.
I interviewed last year and was wait listed. Haven't heard about an interview for this year as of yet..... I'm starting to get very nervous. I have done everything I can think of to strengthen my application (raised MCAT score, added courses, research, etc). Really hope to hear from them soon.
Yikes! Best of luck to you!
I interviewed last year and was wait listed. Haven't heard about an interview for this year as of yet..... I'm starting to get very nervous. I have done everything I can think of to strengthen my application (raised MCAT score, added courses, research, etc). Really hope to hear from them soon.
That's kinda sad. One of my interviewers told me that they are very responsive to re-applicants who have taken the steps to improving their apps (assuming that you talked to the school to see what they thought your "deficiencies" were).
That's kinda sad. One of my interviewers told me that they are very responsive to re-applicants who have taken the steps to improving their apps (assuming that you talked to the school to see what they thought your "deficiencies" were).
I don't know if it's even that. I was flat out rejected after interviewing last year and I received an invite to interview on the first interview date at CU this year. I never contactd the school, and never attended a post interview info session. With that said however, I did COMPLETELY transform my AMCAS primary with new experiences. Not a single word was the same; spent a lot of time crafting a thorough activities section, wrote a brand spankin new PS and secondary. I pretty much knew what was lacking in my first application and just remedied my deficiencies the best I could. I do feel for you though, getting wait listed is very close to an acceptance. Keep your head up though, it's only Nov.
I agree, it's still really early to be worrying. If you were waitlisted last year, you are an admissible candidate. The waiting game is the worst, but if it makes you feel a little better, I have a couple friends (both reapplicants) who were admitted last year after interviewing in January. One had been rejected post-interview the year before, the other was waitlisted. Either way, I hope you get an invite ASAP!
I interviewed last year and was wait listed. Haven't heard about an interview for this year as of yet..... I'm starting to get very nervous. I have done everything I can think of to strengthen my application (raised MCAT score, added courses, research, etc). Really hope to hear from them soon.
Colorado seems to place such an emphasis on "fit" that it is very difficult to predict what they really look for in applicants. I'd encourage you to focus on something else (If that's possible, I understand the draw here) but really, you've done everything in your power so far. I wish you all the luck in the world.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At the help sessions last year Dimple said they wouldn't even know if you were a re-applicant this cycle unless you specifically told them or they somehow remembered reading your application last year, but they don't keep a file of you on hand anymore (if they did in the past). So, being a reapplicant (unless you tell them you are) has literally no effect on your application.
That's kinda sad. One of my interviewers told me that they are very responsive to re-applicants who have taken the steps to improving their apps (assuming that you talked to the school to see what they thought your "deficiencies" were).
I got the same one.. is it worth it, or just too late at this point to even turn in the secondary? will they even consider giving an interview?
Definitely worth it. I submitted my secondary mid December last year and was part of the first round of acceptances for wait listers. CU isn't as picky about when you put in your secondary and their "rolling" is so selective that when you interview doesn't make as much of a difference as other schools.
Nope. I was in the same interview group, also OOS. From what I could gather, they sent out the first invites the week after our interview, and wouldn't get to us by then. We could probably best hope to hear back a couple weeks from now if all goes well. It's still possible we could hear earlier, but I'm leaning toward mid-November as when to start expecting something.
Interviewed on that date and was accepted a few weeks ago.
Interviewed on that date and was accepted a few weeks ago.
were you accepted on the 24th?
any interview invites recently?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K