You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Maryland Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Were IIs sent out by email or snail-mail? My mail isn't the most reliable, and I want to be sure I haven't missed anything. Thanks!
definitely sent by e-mail
good luck and make sure you check your spam/junk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed the 26th...still waiting for a response
Rejected.
Complete mid July. Sent an update letter two weeks ago.
Complete mid July. Sent an update letter two weeks ago.
rejected.
Complete mid july. Sent an update letter two weeks ago.
+1 🙁
Complete early September
Rejected 😱
when were you guys complete?
rejected as well.
All those rejected, is this before an interview invite? Or have you guys already interviewed?
Sigh. I applied here 3 years ago... back then, I interviewed in mid October, and got waitlisted. I sent an update letter around winter holidays, got a notification saying they received it, but never got off the waitlist in the end :-( Hopefully I'll have better luck this year - though, I was complete by 8/24 and haven't heard anything from the school...
Sigh. I applied here 3 years ago... back then, I interviewed in mid October, and got waitlisted. I sent an update letter around winter holidays, got a notification saying they received it, but never got off the waitlist in the end :-( Hopefully I'll have better luck this year - though, I was complete by 8/24 and haven't heard anything from the school...
All those rejected, is this before an interview invite? Or have you guys already interviewed?
Sigh. I applied here 3 years ago... back then, I interviewed in mid October, and got waitlisted. I sent an update letter around winter holidays, got a notification saying they received it, but never got off the waitlist in the end :-( Hopefully I'll have better luck this year - though, I was complete by 8/24 and haven't heard anything from the school...
Pre-interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
samesies as snikkers.
Maryland, why you no love me?
anyone else an in-state applicant with decent stats that hasn't gotten an interview yet?
its difficult when you are surrounded by friends flaunting their acceptances haha.
anyone else an in-state applicant with decent stats that hasn't gotten an interview yet?
its difficult when you are surrounded by friends flaunting their acceptances haha.
Maryland, why you no love me?
anyone else an in-state applicant with decent stats that hasn't gotten an interview yet?
its difficult when you are surrounded by friends flaunting their acceptances haha.
Yep. I've gotten invites to schools that I thought were a much longer shot than Maryland, but no in-state love (yet).
Maryland interviews through March, though, and usually about half of in-staters get one, so it's definitely not a lost cause.
Just got put on re-review by UMD
IS
Complete: 8/18
Any hope left for me?
IS
Complete: 8/18
Any hope left for me?
me too, oos, 30, 3.9, i guess its not a bad thingJust got put on re-review by UMD
IS
Complete: 8/18
Any hope left for me?
placed on hold pre-interview today via email... good news is they said they'd periodically look over my app, rather than wait until April to reassess. OOS complete mid September
Just received an email saying that they have reviewed my stuff but haven't decided whether or not to interview...says that my application was put on hold, i haven't interviewed yet btw. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? At VCU, they send you an email like this just a couple of days before they decide to interview you or not, is this similar to that? Or did my application just get sent out into limbo where i will never see it again? Yikes...let me know what you all think! 

pre-interview hold too. frankly, im not so hopeful, but i guess technically they haven't rejected me! the email reads almost identical to the POST-interview notification i got when i interviewed 3 years ago (which led to a waitlist that i never got off of...)
Placed on hold as well...IS...this has got to be the most depressing news I've had in a while. When your only state school doesn't want to interview you, what chance do you have!? 

Placed on hold as well...IS...this has got to be the most depressing news I've had in a while. When your only state school doesn't want to interview you, what chance do you have!?![]()
Pre-interview hold. OOS, 3.5, 31. 🙁 It's nice to know I'm in good company with the rest of you.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-interview hold too.
+1
Nibbly, your icon is hilarious.
pre-interview hold too.
me too.
For those who have gotten an e-mail, how long did it take from when you were complete? I'm OOS but was complete on 9/8 and still have not heard anything. Then again, I still haven't heard anything from half of my schools yet so I suppose this isn't too unusual.
pre-interview hold too. frankly, im not so hopeful, but i guess technically they haven't rejected me! the email reads almost identical to the POST-interview notification i got when i interviewed 3 years ago (which led to a waitlist that i never got off of...)
does anyone else have experience with this status? can any of the current students comment... I'm not optimistic
how are people submitting updates to the school?
how are people submitting updates to the school?
+1, I don't want to wait to long to send a response to the hold email but dont want to be unprofessional. email or mail?
I emailed+1, I don't want to wait to long to send a response to the hold email but dont want to be unprofessional. email or mail?
how are people submitting updates to the school?
I submitted one not too long after the hold e-mail. I took the "send updates as you see fit" to be "you should see fit to send updates".
I submitted one not too long after the hold e-mail. I took the "send updates as you see fit" to be "you should see fit to send updates".
Same here! Did you get a confirmation that they received your update letter?
Same here! Did you get a confirmation that they received your update letter?
Yes, they should reply and say that they added it to your file.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven't heard yet...Did anyone hear back from october interview dates yet? This thread has been silent for awhile in terms of post interview notifications.
Heard back recently from Maryland! Seems like a bunch of decisions were sent out at the beginning of the week because a bunch of people I know received decisions on Wednesday by mail. Accepted, but no phone call =) So don't let people on here stress you out if you haven't gotten a call from UMB!
Congrats! When did you interview??Heard back recently from Maryland! Seems like a bunch of decisions were sent out at the beginning of the week because a bunch of people I know received decisions on Wednesday by mail. Accepted, but no phone call =) So don't let people on here stress you out if you haven't gotten a call from UMB!
D
deleted197541
Interview Invite today. Just lettin' folks know. I'm OOS, btw.
Interview Invite today. Just lettin' folks know. I'm OOS, btw.
when were you complete?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K