-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Miami Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I know I posted earlier on this forum that I would call and request information for all of us still waiting for an interview invite.
I plan on calling on Wednesday and posting what they tell me.
Just giving a heads up to everyone in limbo waiting for an interview invite.
I know some II's went out, but did you end up calling admissions office? Just curious...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It appears that a round of II's did go out this week.I know some II's went out, but did you end up calling admissions office? Just curious...
However, admissions seems to be behind and there is no need for us to freak out just quite yet. Hopefully we will all hear something in the next few weeks!
Anyone hear anything yet today?
nope :/ Maybe calls go out tonight and emails (WL/R) go out tomorrow morning...WL/R emails should have went out by this time today if adcom followed what they did 2 weeks ago. However, Agnes did say she was trying to convince Dean Weisman to do adcom meetings once a month instead of every other week. who knows...hopefully we all hear soon...good news of course.

So, I heard from the admissions office that they're meeting next week. Though I didn't specifically hear that they didn't meet this week, considering no one has heard anything I'm guessing they pushed the meeting back. I hope this helps!
I heard the same thing from the admissions office. Does anyone know what interview dates should be finding out then? I must have refreshed my email and checked my phone a million times on Thursday thinking we were hearing then. Best of luck!
does anyone want to share how the interviews are? So far mine have been no healthcare/ethical questions really and mostly conversational...is this how miami does it? Should i be prepared for any questions?
also, if any md/mph candidates wanna comment on their experience that would be great!
...you can PM me if you'd like! thanks 🙂
also, if any md/mph candidates wanna comment on their experience that would be great!
...you can PM me if you'd like! thanks 🙂
does anyone want to share how the interviews are? So far mine have been no healthcare/ethical questions really and mostly conversational...is this how miami does it? Should i be prepared for any questions?
also, if any md/mph candidates wanna comment on their experience that would be great!
...you can PM me if you'd like! thanks 🙂
I enjoyed my interview experience....open file so know your application but I'd say it was a good experience. MD only and MD/MPH are definitely different programs, but I was amazed during my two day interview experience. Everything from the facilities, Jackson, the atmosphere in Miami and then for the MD/MPH I really liked the integrated curriculum and individualized attention you get in that program. PM me if you want to know specifics. When's your interview? Good luck!
So just to confirm. There is no way for you to check your status right? Should I call? It has been 4 months without hearing anything.
Call and post what they tell you. There are a bunch of us on here still waiting to hear any kind of news.
does anyone want to share how the interviews are? So far mine have been no healthcare/ethical questions really and mostly conversational...is this how miami does it? Should i be prepared for any questions?
also, if any md/mph candidates wanna comment on their experience that would be great!
...you can PM me if you'd like! thanks 🙂
my interviewer asked me ethical questions. i think it really depends on your interviewer.
Does anyone know when those of us who had interviews in the last few weeks hear back for SURE? Is it tomorrow, the day after..?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it helps, I interviewed yesterday (11/14) and we were told for sure that the next meeting we would be considered at would be on December 7th.
Would someone mind posting the MD/MPH supplemental questions? I'm debating retroactively applying for the combined degree and I'm curious about what the essays are like. Thanks!
Would someone mind posting the MD/MPH supplemental questions? I'm debating retroactively applying for the combined degree and I'm curious about what the essays are like. Thanks!
Does anyone know when those of us who had interviews in the last few weeks hear back for SURE? Is it tomorrow, the day after..?
I think their meetings are on Wednesdays, so I'm going to guess Weds or Thurs we should hear back?
If it helps, I interviewed yesterday (11/14) and we were told for sure that the next meeting we would be considered at would be on December 7th.
Would someone mind posting the MD/MPH supplemental questions? I'm debating retroactively applying for the combined degree and I'm curious about what the essays are like. Thanks!
Please describe any experience you have had in public health - -this could be experience in the field, in training, in education or other related experience.
Please describe how you envision you would use the public health training provided in the joint MD/MPH in your future career as a physician.
.Is there anything else you want to tell us about your interest in the MD/MPH program?.
I actually liked writing these. Enjoy and good luck!
Please describe any experience you have had in public health - -this could be experience in the field, in training, in education or other related experience.
Please describe how you envision you would use the public health training provided in the joint MD/MPH in your future career as a physician.
.Is there anything else you want to tell us about your interest in the MD/MPH program?.
I actually liked writing these. Enjoy and good luck!
Does anyone know if I applied originally for the MD only program is it to late to also apply to the MD/MPH program?
accepted md/mph and md!!! THIS IS MY TOP CHOICE OMGGGGGG!!!!
Just wanted to let everyone on the alternate list know that there is hope. I got an acceptance call today at 5pm. I interviewed Sept 26th, was put on the alternate list on the 27th of October, and got accepted today!
for those who received calls today, when did you all interview? I was Oct 14th and this silence is making me VERY uneasy. I want you miami!!!![]()
Hey! Oct. 14 from California? I remember you! If it helps, I interviewed with you and haven't heard anything...I know it doesn't mean much but it's something I suppose!
Well, bummer 🙁 Alternate list for me. I guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed! It's not done yet! 😀
officially got the acceptance emails this morning!
OOS, interviewed early october.
OOS, interviewed early october.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, bummer 🙁 Alternate list for me. I guess I just have to keep my fingers crossed! It's not done yet! 😀
+1
hoping for the best for us waiting 🙁
Congrats to everyone else with acceptances!
Any news regarding financial aid awards by chance? If so, was it part of the same email?got the accepted email this morning!!! Anyone know if there's a second look day?
Anyone else interview on October 3rd or earlier who has not heard anything regarding the admissions decision? I'm deciding whether to call the office or not since it's been over a month for me.
Any news regarding financial aid awards by chance? If so, was it part of the same email?
Nope, just got the email acceptance. They said they'd be sending something in the mail though, so maybe that will have financial aid info.
Anyone else interview on October 3rd or earlier who has not heard anything regarding the admissions decision? I'm deciding whether to call the office or not since it's been over a month for me.
I interviewed Sept 30 and called today asking if my cohort was evaluated. It seems that some of us will be looked at Dec 7, for some reason or another
I interviewed Sept 30 and called today asking if my cohort was evaluated. It seems that some of us will be looked at Dec 7, for some reason or another
Same! It's killing me to keep waiting for that phone call on Wednesdays!! lol
I interviewed Sept 30 and called today asking if my cohort was evaluated. It seems that some of us will be looked at Dec 7, for some reason or another
So I'm assuming the next date for notifications is 12/7. Maybe I'll have time to send in a better head shot. Thinking something more Zoolander-ish. Thoughts anyone? And if possible, could someone confirm that date?
I received a rejection letter on 5/27/2011 when I applied last year.Does Miami reject pre interview? Read a few last pages and no one seems to get rejected pre interview.
Hey guys, I just withdrew my application. Hopefully another one of you will get to interview in my place. Good luck!
Hey guys, I just withdrew my application. Hopefully another one of you will get to interview in my place. Good luck!
Thank you! lol did you decide where you are going?
Any body gotten an interview invite lately, and if so could you tell if there were still a lot of slots open or available?
So I'm assuming the next date for notifications is 12/7. Maybe I'll have time to send in a better head shot. Thinking something more Zoolander-ish. Thoughts anyone? And if possible, could someone confirm that date?
It looks like they're meeting every 3 weeks now instead of every 2 weeks? I remember someone here posted earlier that some people in Admissions were pushing to have meetings once a month instead of every other week so maybe a compromise....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! lol did you decide where you are going?
I won't make my final decision before I hear back from a few more schools, but I've already been accepted to a top choice of mine.
Just got back form my Interview. I was blown away by this school!! Really hope I get in.
The Dean is beyond nice, the med students are very friendly and laid back, with a lot of comradeship, and the clinical experience they offer is unsurpassed
Good luck to everyone!
The Dean is beyond nice, the med students are very friendly and laid back, with a lot of comradeship, and the clinical experience they offer is unsurpassed
Good luck to everyone!
It looks like they're meeting every 3 weeks now instead of every 2 weeks? I remember someone here posted earlier that some people in Admissions were pushing to have meetings once a month instead of every other week so maybe a compromise....
Thanks! How's life, bro?
Stull no II, does anyone know if Miami likes pre-interview updates or letters?
😕😕😕😕😕😕😕
😕😕😕😕😕😕😕
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
