2011-2012 University of South Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
This application thread is dead! Who all has received interview invites?

I just received mine today! :D I'm In-State.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!! I received my supplemental today. About how long did it take you to receive an interview after everything was submitted? Just curious.

Good luck everyone!

I received mine on Sept. 2nd. Instate here as well.

got an interview next week sept 28. Has anyone interviewed this year or in the past and know what kind of questions they ask????

got an interview next week sept 28. Has anyone interviewed this year or in the past and know what kind of questions they ask????
At least from my experience last year, both interviews were very conversational. Be prepared to answer the basics: "Why medicine?" "Why here?" "Why are you better than any of the other 3000?" Aside from that, be professional, show honest interest, and ask questions. Do that, and you'll be fine.

At least from my experience last year, both interviews were very conversational. Be prepared to answer the basics: "Why medicine?" "Why here?" "Why are you better than any of the other 3000?" Aside from that, be professional, show honest interest, and ask questions. Do that, and you'll be fine.

Thanks. I'm getting nervous.

Do you know how many applicants are interviewed in each day?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we had ~25 the day I interviewed. From what I've seen this year, at least so far, the groups look a bit smaller; maybe ~12-15?

Thanks. Also, if you don't mind, I have another question. Did you use computer slides for your medical histology instead of actual classical microscopic slides?

Thanks. Also, if you don't mind, I have another question. Did you use computer slides for your medical histology instead of actual classical microscopic slides?
Yes. All histo slides are viewed on the computer using the MrSid application.

Just sent in my secondary! OOS applicant w/ strong ties. Do they put us in the ignore pile until November and December like MUSC?

Do you have close-ties? From what I have heard, if you are an applicant with exceptional stats and close ties, your application will be looked at.

Anyone know when EDP people find out? Good luck to you guys! :xf:

How long did it take to receive an interview invite after submitting your supplemental?

Anyone know when EDP people find out? Good luck to you guys! :xf:

USC's EDP is almost non existent, MUSC EDP finds out tomorrow...(fingers crossed, don't know how to do the emoticon)

I've actually been wondering about that myself. I've meant to call and ask but keep forgetting to do so. :thumbdown:

Woh weird! When I had posted the link, the photos that slide through on the main webpage said: Breaking News: Inaugural class to begin in August 2012 and the photos had been updated to say "The now accredited four year program ..." Now it is back to normal...:confused::confused::confused:

How long did it take you guys to receive a link to the secondary application once you submitted?

Woh weird! When I had posted the link, the photos that slide through on the main webpage said: Breaking News: Inaugural class to begin in August 2012 and the photos had been updated to say "The now accredited four year program ..." Now it is back to normal...:confused::confused::confused:

weird. i saw it too. :confused:

How long did it take you guys to receive a link to the secondary application once you submitted?

i got mine fairly quickly. i think i got it like a week or two after my initial app was submitted.

I think they know that they will get the credit for med school and they are preparing their website for the news. LCME meets in the first week of Oct. I think that's when they make their decision. Let's hope that everything goes well. :xf:

From what I have heard after they get accreditation some time in Oct, you will be able to pull up USC Greenville in the schools section of AMCAS.

They are planning on accepting for Fall 2012.

From what I have heard after they get accreditation some time in Oct, you will be able to pull up USC Greenville in the schools section of AMCAS.

They are planning on accepting for Fall 2012.

KKat,

Does this mean that USC Greenville is a separate school from USC?

USC Greenville plan to have a different curriculum as well. Hand on patients form the first semester.

Interview invite today!! Really quick turnaround, I submitted LOR's and secondary last week.

me too!! when are you interviewing? mine is Nov. 30th.

me too!! when are you interviewing? mine is Nov. 30th.

Same here! I'm glad it's 2 months away for the sake of preparation. Are you in-state??

Just curious, is anyone interviewing next week (oct 12th)?

Status
Not open for further replies.