2011-2012 University of South Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.thestate.com/2011/10/05/1997859/usc-medical-school-in-greenville.html

According to this, USC Greenville is a go, and they will take on 50 first years for 2012. Do you apply to USC Greenville the same way, through the Columbia campus?

USC Greenville Website:
"AMCAS is currently in the process of adding the University of South Carolina School of Medicine-Greenville to their list of schools for applicants to select for routing of their applications. If you would like us to contact you when you are able to add USCSOM Greenville to your AMCAS application, please send an email to [email protected]"

Members don't see this ad.

USC Greenville Website:
"AMCAS is currently in the process of adding the University of South Carolina School of Medicine-Greenville to their list of schools for applicants to select for routing of their applications. If you would like us to contact you when you are able to add USCSOM Greenville to your AMCAS application, please send an email to [email protected]"

i thought this was a helpful video: http://www2.wspa.com/news/2011/oct/05/greenville-medical-school-gets-green-light-ar-2512556/

will probably be adding this school now

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have an estimate as to how many interview invites USC gives out and what percentage of interviewee's receive an acceptance offer?

does anyone have an estimate as to how many interview invites USC gives out and what percentage of interviewee's receive an acceptance offer?

According to MSAR, 338 of 447 instate applicants received interviews, of which 21% matriculated. For OOS, 77 of 2,169 were interviewed, of which 25% matriculated.

thanks! So I'm guessing they probably accept 30-40% of those they interview in-state?

interview invite for dec 14! =]]

anyone who has already been thru the process.. could you share the questions they ask.. i am a little nervous ! thank youuu

Members don't see this ad :)
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Got an email from Ms. Streeter.
I got in :laugh::D:D

Last edited:
like 30 mins ago.

Congrats! When did you interview? I know they told us last week that we may not know until next month as they were not sure when they were going to release their decisions.

Has anybody else gotten any emails this morning or heard any word?

Congrats! When did you interview? I know they told us last week that we may not know until next month as they were not sure when they were going to release their decisions.

Really? That's good news i guess...haven't heard any news yet and wasn't sure when we would know. gl all.

I interviewed about 3 weeks ago. They told us that they let us know around Oct. 15th.
Anybody else got the email?
now I am thinking that maybe the email was a mistake! Maybe I should contact them.

Really? That's good news i guess...haven't heard any news yet and wasn't sure when we would know. gl all.

Yeah, they said that they normally release acceptances mid-month. They weren't sure if those who interviewed last week would be notified today or a month from now. They were going to discuss that at the committee meeting that afternoon after we left. Here's to holding out. :xf:

I interviewed about 3 weeks ago. They told us that they let us know around Oct. 15th.
Anybody else got the email?
now I am thinking that maybe the email was a mistake! Maybe I should contact them.

Nah. I highly doubt it's a mistake. Take it in stride! You got in!!! Congrats! :thumbup: Now go rub it in everyone's face who has ever told you that you couldn't do it! :laugh:

I didn't bother to simply bc I interviewed last week. I'm assuming I may have to end up waiting until next month.

I interviewed sept 14th. They werent allowed to tell me until i guess the official amcas date. I can pm you my stats if you really want to know.

I interviewed sept 14th. They werent allowed to tell me until i guess the official amcas date. I can pm you my stats if you really want to know.

Sure, that's cool if you don't mind doing that. :thumbup:

Congrats to everybody who got in! Anybody mind sharing their stats?

Also I'm interviewing December 7th. Anybody else? And anybody wanna share how their interviews went i.e. questions and such?

So i've got a quick question.

On my letter, it says I need to send the acceptance letter back with a deposit by oct 31st. However, financial aid is a big thing for me just due to my situation, and I am still waiting on a few schools (Its way early in the cycle).

And I fondly remember someone saying at the interview date that technically you dont need to decide by may-ish.

Do you just send in your letter+deposit and then withdraw you acceptance later if you decide not to go to USC? And is that okay? Like are you committed once that letter and deposit goes in or not?

So i've got a quick question.

On my letter, it says I need to send the acceptance letter back with a deposit by oct 31st. However, financial aid is a big thing for me just due to my situation, and I am still waiting on a few schools (Its way early in the cycle).

And I fondly remember someone saying at the interview date that technically you dont need to decide by may-ish.

Do you just send in your letter+deposit and then withdraw you acceptance later if you decide not to go to USC? And is that okay? Like are you committed once that letter and deposit goes in or not?

As far as I know, the only situation where you are committed (beyond actually matriculating) is EDP. You always have the right to withdraw your reservation. USC's withdrawal deadline (for a refund) is May 15th.

Alright, going to interview tomorrow! I'm OOS, but with strong ties to South Carolina. Will let everyone know how it goes!

Well for a first interview, I felt pretty good about this one. I liked having lunch before the actual interview. The medical students gave advice to us on how to succeed in the interview, and one interviewee even asked the admissions director what kind of applicant USC wanted to accept. The director was extremely clear that they hoped to accept students that could express their passion for medicine clearly and sincerely. Having a vision for your career is also key. Everyone was very helpful during the admissions process. :D

The director was extremely clear that they hoped to accept students that could express their passion for medicine clearly and sincerely. Having a vision for your career is also key. Everyone was very helpful during the admissions process. :D

Ha, that's great to know! That was actually my response to the "what is the one thing I should tell the committee about you when we meet this afternoon" question!

On hold letter in the mail yesterday. Ouch.

I wanna know soo bad if I've been accepted. but patience is a virtue with this process :cool:

Good Luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back from USC. I'm planning to make a Facebook page for the class of 2016.

When did they say they would let you know by?

I interviewed on Oct. 19. I believe they said they usually let applicants know within two weeks after the interview. It hasn't been two weeks yet lol.

I interviewed on Oct. 19. I believe they said they usually let applicants know within two weeks after the interview. It hasn't been two weeks yet lol.

I interviewed on the 12th IIRC. They told us that they release acceptances at the middle of each month.

I interviewed on the 12th IIRC. They told us that they release acceptances at the middle of each month.

So does that mean that if I interview December 7th I should find out the week after that?

Status
Not open for further replies.