You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Columbia University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
🙁 I really hope it's just a mistake! I love Columbia so much!Same here... well at least I'm prepared for the rejection now. That softens the blow!
+7 ah what does this mean? i hate ambiguity!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+8 Holy Jesus... imma callin them
Let us know what they say! This is so strange!
my luck that the clock just turned 5... gonna wait till tmrw to ask them... unless someone here already called?
my luck that the clock just turned 5... gonna wait till tmrw to ask them... unless someone here already called?
Great! Another thing to be anxious about.
+9 😡
I bet it is some kind of system error (at least I hope!) they have been having tech issues this year
does anyone who has an interview invite have the same problem?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
don't know if this relieves any fears, but this happened to be with UVA also and the next day it went back to green. i think it's a system error.
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Looks like there's a party at Columbia today.
There's a party at Columbia every day!
Study party woo.....
😀
I have the red mark as well. I hope that everyone is right that it doesn't mean anything...
If anyone calls tomorrow to ask them about this, please let us know what they say!
If anyone calls tomorrow to ask them about this, please let us know what they say!
It's probably someone in admissions at Columbia going "hey guys look at the panic I can start on SDN by changing this from green to red!"
it's probably someone in admissions at columbia going "hey guys look at the panic i can start on sdn by changing this from green to red!"
+1
Anyone know if Columbia is receptive to "In the Area" emails? I'm going to NYC for some other interviews in late October, and just wanted to let them know in case they were considering me for an interview. I'd rather not make multiple trips, due to obvious financial reasons.
Aight, just called. I have been complete like i thought. The red exclamation point is just a glitch... unless you really didn't submit the app.
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Aight, just called. I have been complete like i thought. The red exclamation point is just a glitch... unless you really didn't submit the app.
Yup. The red light just means that the server that transfers them from the secondary page to the admissions office is dow.
+1
Now everything on the checklist after LORs is gone. Anyone else?
Yep. I'd guess they're implementing a fix for the earlier issue
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
now everything on the checklist after lors is gone. Anyone else?
+2
now everything on the checklist after lors is gone. Anyone else?
+3
Anyone know if Columbia is receptive to "In the Area" emails? I'm going to NYC for some other interviews in late October, and just wanted to let them know in case they were considering me for an interview. I'd rather not make multiple trips, due to obvious financial reasons.
I sent them one, and they responded very courteously. The timing didn't work out, but I got an interview invite there anyway. Definitely worth a shot! 🙂
+5 mine says "not ready" too. Last time i checked, which was last week, it still said ready and showed as green... What does this mean ?!
Application completeyour application is not ready!![]()
+6
Dear ********
I apologize for the confusion. We are currently having a glitch with our system. I just checked your file and your application is complete. Good luck with everything.
P&S Admissions
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
I sent them one, and they responded very courteously. The timing didn't work out, but I got an interview invite there anyway. Definitely worth a shot! 🙂
Definitely want to emphasize that being refused an in the area interview isn't a death sentence. There often isn't time or space to accommodate everyone, because often people send in the area requests only a week or two in advance.
I sent them one, and they responded very courteously. The timing didn't work out, but I got an interview invite there anyway. Definitely worth a shot! 🙂
How long did they take to respond to your ITA email?
How long did they take to respond to your ITA email?
I sent an ITA email and they confirmed the receipt of the email and that they would try to accommodate the dates I provided the next day.
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Woot woot looking forward to free coffee and a captive audience! Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow and for the rest of the cycle!
Woot woot looking forward to free coffee and a captive audience! Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow and for the rest of the cycle!
Interviewing next week. Is the interview open or closed file? Are they faculty/student/admissions interviewers? Thanks!
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Open and typically one faculty interview plus a group chat with Dr. Nicholas.Interviewing next week. Is the interview open or closed file? Are they faculty/student/admissions interviewers? Thanks!
Extremely elated and honored to have been given an II this morning. 10/26 anyone else going to be there that day?
Congrats! When were you complete?
Congrats! When were you complete?
July 18
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holy moly, I just got my interview invite this morning as well! 10/10!!! Anyone else?
congrats! when were u complete? I was complete early august so am hoping to hear from them soon though it's a long shot

Open-file interview with the faculty. Closed-file interview with the student(s). Just interviewed here last week -- great students and a great program. I believe you all will really enjoy the visit!Open and typically one faculty interview plus a group chat with Dr. Nicholas.
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Open-file interview with the faculty. Closed-file interview with the student(s). Just interviewed here last week -- great students and a great program. I believe you all will really enjoy the visit!
?? Are you sure this was Columbia? Are you interviewing with a special program or something, because today was the first day of MD interviews.
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K