2012-2013 Cooper Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
accepted! super excited! interviewed 10/12

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, this is my first acceptance (and my first time posting here). Super stoked.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it goes to one of you!

I just registered to say I am OOS student who was accepted today! I interviewed last Friday (Oct 12th) and found out today!

I just registered to say I am OOS student who was accepted today! I interviewed last Friday (Oct 12th) and found out today!

Wow, impressive turn around time. How was your interview? This will be my first with these "clinical scenarios" and MMI.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

The interview was great. Everyone there is so friendly and lovely to be around. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming and the building was gorgeous. Don't stress out too much about the "clinical scenarios"- they are VERY straightforward. And you are not required to have ANY medical experience. It was a very painless process :)

Do you guys think it'll be too late for me to add this school? How strong is their in-state preference? How's the area around the school?

Members don't see this ad :)

wow thats awesome!! congrats!! do you mind sharing your stats?

Womp finally heard back... Waitlist.

Happy it's not a rejection, but after seeing it, I was really excited for this school. :(

Interviewed 10/12

Womp finally heard back... Waitlist.

Happy it's not a rejection, but after seeing it, I was really excited for this school. :(

Interviewed 10/12

Did the letter mention anything about acceptance chances or being in a priority wait list vs. a regular one? They had that last year but perhaps this year it is different.

It just said it was a regular list, and that it'd probably be till April or may till they dip into the list :/

Just received a rejection email pre-interview.

Complete 9/18.

GL to the survivors!

Also rejected yesterday via a terribly worded email. I think I was more upset about the grammar and apparent lack of caring in the email than I was about getting rejected, so I guess I'm not that upset!

Complete 9/29, stats are in MDApps. Good luck to the rest of you!

to people who have interviewed at CMSRU: what are OSCE interviews? how are they set up and what do you have to do?

Also, are there 2 interviews for CMSRU--traditional and OSCE?

Thanks!

to people who have interviewed at CMSRU: what are OSCE interviews? how are they set up and what do you have to do?

Also, are there 2 interviews for CMSRU--traditional and OSCE?

Thanks!

Osce are mmi. You should be able to click on a link somewhere for coopers description of theirs. And the traditional yes is separate from osce.

First II of the season! Late applicant.

OOS white male 3.43GPA (with good justification for sub-par gpa) and 31P MCAT. Family ties to Jersey

Very excited about this school.

also didn't expect this today given hurricane Sandy and all. First date available 2/1/2013

Thanks - I have really similar stats to you and also took the 9/1 MCAT so I'm hoping I'll hear something soon!

First II of the season! Late applicant.

OOS white male 3.43GPA (with good justification for sub-par gpa) and 31P MCAT. Family ties to Jersey

Very excited about this school.

also didn't expect this today given hurricane Sandy and all. First date available 2/1/2013

did you receive the communication through the "communication status" on the website or did it come to your email address. Completed 9/29.... nothing yet...

OOS 3.48 GPA 30R MCAT, post-bacc in Philly

I was emailed. An "Interview" tab popped up on my application and also a little icon under the complete status.

II just now- complete 10/19 (late add). Philly is home and this is the closest I've gotten so far, so I'm psyched!

II just now- complete 10/19 (late add). Philly is home and this is the closest I've gotten so far, so I'm psyched!

Just curious, is 2/1 filled now? Feb has been the only open month since 9/27 invites

Damn! I wish I could move my interview up. Do you think they would be receptive if I sent an email asking if there are any sooner dates? I'm very excited about this school and would love to interview asap.

Congrats - can you post your stats? I really want an II from here and was complete 10/1, so I'm feeling pretty hopeless.

Damn! I wish I could move my interview up. Do you think they would be receptive if I sent an email asking if there are any sooner dates? I'm very excited about this school and would love to interview asap.

probably- I'd just call and ask if there have been any earlier openings- I am guessing that as folks are accepted to schools higher on their lists more slots will open.

I may do that, I just don't want to be perceived as annoying or pushy.

Just got a rejection letter (pre-interview). I'm actually pretty shocked.

IS, 34 MCAT, 3.2-3.3 uGPA. =(

I just got a rejection email too, pretty shocked because I put a lot of effort into this secondary and really loved this school. Oh well. Good luck to everyone left!

I got a rejection pre-interview as well. Sad.

Do you have a feel for Cooper's requirements for minimum GPA/MCAT? Do they give any preference to the IS candidates?

Why is this thread so quite? no response from Cooper? I am getting anxiety attack

Anyone hear back from Cooper this Thursday from last week's interview?

I wasn't sure, but I thought I heard that... and then I saw a quick turnaround from some previous posts about being accepted... what was your understanding?

He said that if we didn't hear by today it meant they were going to re-review our application next week. Has anyone from last week heard anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.