2012-2013 Cooper Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone hear anything from cooper yet today?

Members don't see this ad.

Declined my acceptance today. Great school though! I hope my spot goes to one of you !

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Call & email, around noon, can't say enough great things about this school....best of luck to everyone!

Thanks! Yes, interviewed on 12/14. I actually first found out because an acceptance offer tab showed up when I went to go check my status. Then I got an email and then a call. Good luck to everyone!

got in yesterday too, interviewed on the 14th

Congrats to all of you! I interviewed on the 14th too, but no word :(. I know they said not to take that as a bad sign or anything but it DOES make me feel a bit nervous

I am IS, but I was rejected in less than a week (34 MCAT, 3.3 GPA). I sent a letter of reconsideration, but got no response. I love this school, but it's not reciprocated. It really is a great up and comer of medical schools, and a great addition to NJ.

I just wish they would share with me the reason they did not select me!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am IS, but I was rejected in less than a week (34 MCAT, 3.3 GPA). I sent a letter of reconsideration, but got no response. I love this school, but it's not reciprocated. It really is a great up and comer of medical schools, and a great addition to NJ.

did you get an email rejection?

Did anyone interview on Dec. 14th and not receive anything yet?

Did anyone interview on Dec. 14th and not receive anything yet?

I interviewed then and havent heard anything. I think the adcom might not have gone in this wednesday as there was no activity on this forum yesterday.

oh ok, yea that makes sense. i wonder when adcom will meet again.

At least you got priority wait list... i just got the regular one. I guess thats a no-go for me, then :/

I interviewed in nov too and havent heard back yet. Did you get the email at 6pm too? Also are you OOS or IS?

Thanks! Call & email, around noon, can't say enough great things about this school....best of luck to everyone!

Hey bamboozle do you remember what number you were during the interview? im trying to figure out if they review the apps by your interview #.

I interviewed in nov too and havent heard back yet. Did you get the email at 6pm too? Also are you OOS or IS?

IS
3.8/3.9
interviewed 12/14... I thought it went really well in both the regular interview and the patient simulation. Apparently I was wrong. It seems like last year only priority wait listers got pulled off and even then it wasn't a huge amount. I can't say I'm not surprised. This school is great and I can imagine a lot of accepted students not wanting to give up the acceptance.

IS
3.8/3.9
interviewed 12/14... I thought it went really well in both the regular interview and the patient simulation. Apparently I was wrong. It seems like last year only priority wait listers got pulled off and even then it wasn't a huge amount. I can't say I'm not surprised. This school is great and I can imagine a lot of accepted students not wanting to give up the acceptance.

Wow my stats aren't as good as yours so I'm a little scared. Do you remember your interview number?

I think I was #17 or something around that- don't really think it matters- pattern seems to be accept/reject thursday after interview and then waitlist later on

At least you got priority wait list... i just got the regular one. I guess thats a no-go for me, then :/

I would imagine that many folks on the "priority waitlist" will be accepted to and matriculate at other schools, so perhaps there is hope for the regular list as well.

So nobody has gotten accepted more than a week after their interview? :(

Just got rejected "

I regret that the decision of the Admissions Committee is that we cannot offer you a position at our school. Please understand that we value your considerable accomplishments.

Your overall application including the personal statement, the secondary application, and the letters of recommendation made it easy to offer you an interview because of the path you chose in these past few years. Less than 10% of applicants are granted an interview and we wish we could accept everyone.

The decision is not a reflection on your abilities and we hope that you gain acceptance to another medical school.

Sincerely,

John F. McGeehan, MD, Associate Dean for Student Affairs and Admissions

Catherine Dayton, PhD, Director of Admissions

"

By virtue of being a new school, I can understand the difficulty in finding reliable information (or even second hand information) regarding CMSRU. I'm one of the students in the charter class of 50, starting our second semester (as of one week ago today).

Should any accepted or prospective students have any questions about the curriculum thus far, or any other perceptions of the school/faculty/hospital given one semester's worth of experience, please do not hesitate to ask a question here or PM me directly (hopefully I can get other classmates on here so responses aren't so one dimensional). Dr. McGeehan has informed us that during interview days, interviewees found the open discussion period with some of the current students to be very helpful and I'd like to extend that possibility prior to and post interviews.

Thanks and good luck on your hunt.

anyone hear back from Jan 4 interviews yet?

I interviewed Dec 14th and was put on the priority wait list today.

anyone hear back from Jan 4 interviews yet?

I also interviewed on Jan 4 but havn't heard back. I might contact them on monday but I don't know exactly who to call.

I interviewed Dec 14th and was put on the priority wait list today.

Wow, that sounds like a month after your interview. Does that mean all of us will be at a one month delay? I got so excited when they said it was only going to be a week before the decision is announced. oh well...

I interviewed here in September and was waitlisted. In my waitlist letter it said something to the effect that this year there would not be a priority waitlist and thus they can't give us more information about where we stand on the list. However, people are getting placed on a priority waitlist now.

I realize that maybe because was one of the first groups to interview, they might not have had enough people on the waitlist to distinguish between those that were priority waitlisted or normally waitlisted. Do people know if your status could change after they have a better picture of who their applicants are? Has anyone called about the priority wait list for those individuals who were waitlisted very early on? Thanks for the help

I interview Jan 4th and haven't heard anything yet - have other jan 4th interviews heard anything? Seems like everything might just be backed up...

I interviewed here in September and was waitlisted. In my waitlist letter it said something to the effect that this year there would not be a priority waitlist and thus they can't give us more information about where we stand on the list. However, people are getting placed on a priority waitlist now.

I realize that maybe because was one of the first groups to interview, they might not have had enough people on the waitlist to distinguish between those that were priority waitlisted or normally waitlisted. Do people know if your status could change after they have a better picture of who their applicants are? Has anyone called about the priority wait list for those individuals who were waitlisted very early on? Thanks for the help

I was priority wait listed after my September interview

Last edited:
Has anyone tried asking how full their class was? I'm an OOS and competing for ~12 OOS seats seems to be near impossible. I heard their first class was 80% in-state (please correct me if im wrong)

There are about 35 of us in the fb group though of course this may not be everyone who is accepted and seriously considering Cooper and some people in the group may still decline acceptance later. Hope that helps.

priority waitlisted today. Jan 4th interview, OOS stats 3.5/33

Waitlisted. Any idea on how long their wait list is?--Judging from past posts i have a feeling they have a pretty long one since they don't have much experience with how many ppl decline/accept their acceptances (since Cooper is probably a last choice school for those with other acceptances).
Thoughts?

Wed. Night... Fingers crossed, prayers said. OOS and loved this place.

Just got an email and I was wait-listed. I had a 3.5gpa, 36T MCAT, IS. This school is something special, I'm disappointed.

Waitlisted. Not sure if there is anything to this waitlist/priority-waitlist--but I feel as though it's a death sentence unfortunately.

I will be withdrawing my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you!

For those of you who just recently got wait listed, when did you interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.