You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of California - Davis Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Secondary received 6/29; Submitted 7/17; Interview received 7/19
35O, 3.80 sGPA, 3.79 cGPA from a tier 1 school.
Congrats!! Now all we need are some interview dates. 😛
Hi Tatertots. Not sure if anyone got to your question yet and don't want to go through four pages of comments, but just so you know, I was in the same position and called and ask. It is fine and they will take your AP credits as long as you went on and took further classes in the same series. For example, if you AP Calc credits, they will accept it if you took more calculus classes in college. At least that is how I understood it. It must have worked because I only took one semester of math in college and they still approved me for an interview. Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who else is interviewing on 8/3?Congrats!! Now all we need are some interview dates. 😛
I wonder what it means for those of us who have submitted a secondary and haven't received any sort of update? =/
I wonder what it means for those of us who have submitted a secondary and haven't received any sort of update? =/
+1 I'm starting to get worried its a silent rejection =\
+1 I'm starting to get worried its a silent rejection =\
indeed
I'm hoping too........Maybe this week will be our week!![]()
I've only been complete since 7/15, but I am still waiting anxiously. I want some love, UCD!
I haven't heard anything yet either and I submitted my secondary on 7/3, but that also could be because I am missing a letter of rec.... Anyone else in the same position?
Yeah, I am. My last letter was just received by AMCAS on Friday. I haven't heard anything yet.
.
Last edited:
That was my issue as well - I signed up for 8/3 because it was the only date available, but I would have preferred something a bit later.is anyone else having trouble signing up for interviews? i'll be out of town all of august so would like to arrange one for September, however they never seem to have any dates up. even august right now is unavailable...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete since 7/02, and it's all quiet here on my end as well.
maybe we got a silent rejection
D
deleted454156
maybe we got a silent rejection
It's way too early to think you got silently rejected. They don't necessary reject or give interviews to everyone they review initially. They put apps in a pile and pick off interviews over the next couple of months. I wouldn't worry if you weren't included in the first waves of interviews (as they are often those with the higher stats as well).
is anyone else having trouble signing up for interviews? i'll be out of town all of august so would like to arrange one for September, however they never seem to have any dates up. even august right now is unavailable...
Yes, it's been about 5 days now with no dates up.
Hi, I received a secondary from UCD (which I'm surprised, I am in-state, however). But anyways, I am interested in their PRIME programs and want to specialize in preventative health and practice in rural/underserved communities.
My question is how would UCD see me as applying to all 3 tracks?
My question is how would UCD see me as applying to all 3 tracks?
I do not get the feeling that it affects the decision to grant an interview because I didn't apply to any but I did receive an interview. However, if you're interested in those programs, you should definitely indicate as much on your application. Good luck!Hi, I received a secondary from UCD (which I'm surprised, I am in-state, however). But anyways, I am interested in their PRIME programs and want to specialize in preventative health and practice in rural/underserved communities.
My question is how would UCD see me as applying to all 3 tracks?
I got an email saying that I am on the interview wait-list. Not sure what to make of it since it says it is only a possible interview come January.
Do you mind sharing when you submitted your secondary? I am hoping they will send out rejection letters versus pulling a silent rejection..
I have a couple questions that I hope somebody can answer:
1. I paid the secondary fee but it hasn't shown up as paid on my status page. Anybody know when that'll change?
2. I just had a new LOR uploaded to AMCAS yesterday, but my letter packet was received by UCD at the beginning of July. Will UCD receive the new LOR, or do they only download LORs once for each applicant? (The new LOR was written for one of my significant experiences).
1. I paid the secondary fee but it hasn't shown up as paid on my status page. Anybody know when that'll change?
2. I just had a new LOR uploaded to AMCAS yesterday, but my letter packet was received by UCD at the beginning of July. Will UCD receive the new LOR, or do they only download LORs once for each applicant? (The new LOR was written for one of my significant experiences).
I have a couple questions that I hope somebody can answer:
1. I paid the secondary fee but it hasn't shown up as paid on my status page. Anybody know when that'll change?
2. I just had a new LOR uploaded to AMCAS yesterday, but my letter packet was received by UCD at the beginning of July. Will UCD receive the new LOR, or do they only download LORs once for each applicant? (The new LOR was written for one of my significant experiences).
1. It takes a few days
2. I'm pretty sure schools get notified when new letters are assigned--I submitted new LOR's as well and most schools received them within a few days of me uploading and assigning them in AMCAS
Got an interview invite!! So very excited to possibly stay at my alma mater.
I was complete on 7/7 btw! Good luck to everyone else
I was complete on 7/7 btw! Good luck to everyone else
wtf is this MMI bs they have going on? anyone care to elaborate? how on earth are you supposed to prepare for this? Like am I supposed to have a set of guiding principles to apply to any situation they throw at me?
I cant believe im expected to talk to some guy for 8 minutes and hes not allowed to interact with me.
Sitting in an office with a stuffy academic for an hour is no problem but this is..whatever it is.
I cant believe im expected to talk to some guy for 8 minutes and hes not allowed to interact with me.
Sitting in an office with a stuffy academic for an hour is no problem but this is..whatever it is.
wtf is this MMI bs they have going on? anyone care to elaborate? how on earth are you supposed to prepare for this? Like am I supposed to have a set of guiding principles to apply to any situation they throw at me?
I cant believe im expected to talk to some guy for 8 minutes and hes not allowed to interact with me.
Sitting in an office with a stuffy academic for an hour is no problem but this is..whatever it is.
Im pretty sure he can interact with you, just not outside the topic. When you enter, I dont think anyone can explain their answer in more than 2-4 minutes without rambling, and then the interviewer/rater will follow up/grill you with more questions/clarifications. Thats just my thought.
Does anyone have any idea when Sept. interview dates might open up? I'm only seeing one August date but I can't make that one.
So... did you guys basically copy and paste from your primary app? Or did you guys pick new experiences from your 15?
I used one experience to talk about my new job that I got after I submitted my primaries, but don't know what to put for the 2nd and 3rd...
Thanks guys!
I used one experience to talk about my new job that I got after I submitted my primaries, but don't know what to put for the 2nd and 3rd...
Thanks guys!
I wouldn't "copy and paste" anything from your primary application, but I don't see anything wrong with sharing more details about an experience you already mentioned.So... did you guys basically copy and paste from your primary app? Or did you guys pick new experiences from your 15?
I used one experience to talk about my new job that I got after I submitted my primaries, but don't know what to put for the 2nd and 3rd...
Thanks guys!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the prerequisites, are you supposed to add all the courses that pertain to each subject category or just fill it up to the minimum unit requirement? For example, I have several courses that can go under the Math requirement and thus a surplus of units. Do I put all of them or just enough that it breaks the 9 unit minimum?
This is especially the concern when some of the grades for certain courses are lower than others.
Let me know what you guys think, thanks!
This is especially the concern when some of the grades for certain courses are lower than others.
Let me know what you guys think, thanks!
I have not had any status updates even though I've been complete since 7/15. I know it may be too early for silent rejections, but is this a bad sign?
wtf is this MMI bs they have going on? anyone care to elaborate? how on earth are you supposed to prepare for this? Like am I supposed to have a set of guiding principles to apply to any situation they throw at me?
I cant believe im expected to talk to some guy for 8 minutes and hes not allowed to interact with me.
Sitting in an office with a stuffy academic for an hour is no problem but this is..whatever it is.
I get the way you feel, but I think you're looking at it the wrong way. Having a long interview with just 1 interviewer could be even worse. If you don't click with the guy then you are screwed from the moment you walk in the door. At least in MMI you get to interact with several interviewers so even if you don't click with one you still have a chance to impress others.
For any applicants who did undergraduate at UC San Diego, I was just in contact with Davis' Admission Office and they said that if you're from UCSD, you can fulfill their lab requirements with:
2 quarters of upp div bio lab
1 quarter of Gen Chem lab (CHEM 7L)
1 quarter of O Chem lab (143A or a PCHEM lab)
Just spreading the word because I know it's a bit confusing, and a lot of schools aren't aware of how UCSD does it's undergrad basic sciences.
What about physics lab?
How do you know you are on the waitlist?
Sent from my Desire HD using SDN Mobile
Sent from my Desire HD using SDN Mobile
cuz i got this email:
The UC Davis School of Medicine Admissions Committee has reviewed your application.
You have been placed on our Interview Wait-list. Each year a number of students are offered
interviews from this list generally sometime in January. We will notify you by e-mail if an interview position becomes available.
The UC Davis School of Medicine Admissions Committee has reviewed your application.
You have been placed on our Interview Wait-list. Each year a number of students are offered
interviews from this list generally sometime in January. We will notify you by e-mail if an interview position becomes available.
cuz i got this email:
The UC Davis School of Medicine Admissions Committee has reviewed your application.
You have been placed on our Interview Wait-list. Each year a number of students are offered
interviews from this list generally sometime in January. We will notify you by e-mail if an interview position becomes available.
When did you submit your secondary? And mind telling us your stats? 😀
davis had by far the best MMI experience I had been to.
you don't need to prepare for it. If you are a decent, empathetic human being, and can communicate, you'll be fine.
This makes me feel better.
guess well see how it goes down in a few days~
Interview Invite!!!!!! Application complete 7/23.
Has anyone seen dates past 8/10? I can't imagine interviewing in 9 days!!!!!
Has anyone seen dates past 8/10? I can't imagine interviewing in 9 days!!!!!
Interview Waitlist was a desolute place last year.
Interview Waitlist was a desolute place last year.
they also seemed to put people on hold much later last year...so who knows, maybe it's different...?
sigh
Congrats on the interview! I signed up for a date on August 17th through the portal so hopefully that's still a possibility - I think they open new dates as the old ones fill up so you could also wait it out for a bit.Interview Invite!!!!!! Application complete 7/23.
Has anyone seen dates past 8/10? I can't imagine interviewing in 9 days!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they also seemed to put people on hold much later last year...so who knows, maybe it's different...?
sigh
I think that is indicative of the significant increase in applicants by the time compared to last year. II-WL will be even worse this year.
Any rejections yet? Tomorrow will be the 1 month date for me, and my status still hasn't changed...
No response for me too. This waiting is killing me!
Any rejections yet? Tomorrow will be the 1 month date for me, and my status still hasn't changed...
I'm right there with you... I haven't heard anything.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
