You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of California - Davis Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
DAVIS WHYYY YOU NO SEND ME INTERVIEW INVITE 😡😡😡
Did you get interview waitlist at least?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get interview waitlist at least?
Didn't get anything.
Did you get interview waitlist at least?
nothing man..sho sad
Complete 7/9 and no peep from Davis... what do you want from me!?!?![]()
complete 6/29 bro..
nothing man..sho sad
did you get rejected or are you just sad because they had communicated anything? they could still be deciding on interview.
did you get rejected or are you just sad because they had communicated anything? they could still be deciding on interview.
yea no communication. just seems like it's a silent rejection..but who knows 😉
X
Last edited:
Did you get interview waitlist at least?
Interview Waitlist is not an "at least" kind of thing. Interview Waitlist in bad.
Interview Waitlist is not an "at least" kind of thing. Interview Waitlist in bad.
It's better than an outright rejection.
It's better than an outright rejection.
They only do outright rejections before April for completely garbage applicants.
They only do outright rejections before April for completely garbage applicants.
OK. I was just asking somebody else who made it sound like they had been rejected if they though they were rejected because they received interview wait-list or because they just haven't received anything. That's all.
OK. I was just asking somebody else who made it sound like they had been rejected if they though they were rejected because they received interview wait-list or because they just haven't received anything. That's all.
Fair.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone see a date available to interview outside of August 17th?
Does anyone see a date available to interview outside of August 17th?
No 🙁 because they havent given me an interview 🙁🙁
I don't even see August 17th, all I see is August 10th 🙁 That's way too soon.
*Also, there is no such thing as a "garbage applicant"
*Also, there is no such thing as a "garbage applicant"
Last edited:
I
*Also, there is no such thing as a "garbage applicant"
Umm, yes there is. As hard as it might be to believe for some of us SDNers, some medical school applicants don't even look at MSAR/school profiles/rankings and simply apply with incredibly low stats.
Are they the minority? Sure. But they still exist.
In the spring quarter of my freshman year, I received a No Pass in my Upper Division Latin course. There was a final paper worth 40% of our grade. I wrote 6 pages instead of 12 . The minimum page requirement had been emphasized at a class I had missed.
My NP was a valuable lesson in responsibility, and a necessary wake-up call I needed to work harder than I had been, specifically in my non-science classes.
Would it be of concern to the committee? Should I mention it?
My NP was a valuable lesson in responsibility, and a necessary wake-up call I needed to work harder than I had been, specifically in my non-science classes.
Would it be of concern to the committee? Should I mention it?
I don't even see August 17th, all I see is August 10th 🙁 That's way too soon.
*Also, there is no such thing as a "garbage applicant"
That's interesting because I don't see the 10th at all. Is it possible they are assigning us interview dates by limiting the day we can sign up for?
My first interview invite!! Yay!!
Edit: Complete 7/29
Did they send you an email saying your status changed?
My first interview invite!! Yay!!
Edit: Complete 7/29
At 1am?
Either way - congrats!
Yup! Got it too!! But it was 9pm west coast time 😛. August 10th is Friday ... Way too soon ... Has anyone called and asked about when they are going to put up more dates?
Did they send you an email saying your status changed?
Yep! I got an email with links and other information. I received the email at 12:01am 😀
Yup! Got it too!! But it was 9pm west coast time 😛. August 10th is Friday ... Way too soon ... Has anyone called and asked about when they are going to put up more dates?
I could only sign up for August 17th.... Could it be that they are assigning us interview times by limiting the number of dates we can sign up for?
Interview Invite! Complete 7/29. The only interview date available for me was August 17th as well.
Yep! I got an email with links and other information. I received the email at 12:01am 😀
Congrats! I submitted on 7/31 so hopefully I hear from them soon
Interview Invite! Complete 7/29. The only interview date available for me was August 17th as well.
I will see you there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody know the best way to get from the airport to the Education Building where interviews are being conducted?
Super shuttle. its more than 15 miles away, so a taxi would be double or triple the cost each way
Just got my interview invite!!! So pumped, this school has so many amazing things going for it. I don't see any dates available on the scheduling thing. But judging by these posts, that's the norm... guess they'll upload them soon? Hoping for early September.
Congrats! When was your app complete?Just got my interview invite!!! So pumped, this school has so many amazing things going for it. I don't see any dates available on the scheduling thing. But judging by these posts, that's the norm... guess they'll upload them soon? Hoping for early September.
Does anyone know if every applicant who gets an interview, and selected one of the leadership programs, automatically gets an interview invitation to the program?
Or are there people who get interviews to Davis but not for the special pro,grams?
Or are there people who get interviews to Davis but not for the special pro,grams?
Last edited:
I don't think interviews are contingent upon your interest in those programs because I did not go for one of the special programs yet received an invite. Good luck!Does anyone know if every applicant who gets an interview, and selected one of the leadership programs, automatically gets an interview invitation to the program?
Or are there people who get interviews to Davis but not for the special pro,grams?
Does anyone have the US News data on how many students UCD accepts versus how many they interview? I only have matriculated data from MSAR. Thanks!
Does anyone have the US News data on how many students UCD accepts versus how many they interview? I only have matriculated data from MSAR. Thanks!
Total Applicants: 4792
Interviewed: 460
Accepted: 215
Enrolled: 100
Complete 7/16 with no status updates...rejection, interview wait-list, or II
What is the best way to contact admissions? I can't submit my secondary since I'm trying to figure out if they will take my AP credit x_x But they haven't returned my calls and admissions only seems to pick up the phone half the time!
Just submit it and if they don't take it you are going to have to complete the prereq before you enroll if accepted.
Just submit it and if they don't take it you are going to have to complete the prereq before you enroll if accepted.
Oh ok thanks! I wasn't sure if they would screen it out before deciding whether to interview me or not.
Total Applicants: 4792
Interviewed: 460
Accepted: 215
Enrolled: 100
They have an admissions timeline thingy in the info packet with similar numbers listed:
4500-5200 applicants @ Primary
2500-3000 applicants @ Secondary
500 Interviewed
105 Offers
~100 Waitlisted
Anyone else going 8/17?
Last edited:
Anyone else going 8/17?
Yep!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck everyone!
Last edited:
Yep!
Awesome! How are you planning to get from the airport to campus (unless you live in the area and are gonna drive)? I ended up flopping between driving from LA to Sacramento, to just flying there.. so now I have to figure out public transport, and I'm not that familiar with the area.
Anyone have tips?
Edit: Nevermind, can take Yolobus 42a to about a block away from light rail station, which then takes you to the med school, where you can board the green line to get to the middle of school =D
Last edited:
Awesome! How are you planning to get from the airport to campus (unless you live in the area and are gonna drive)? I ended up flopping between driving from LA to Sacramento, to just flying there.. so now I have to figure out public transport, and I'm not that familiar with the area.
Anyone have tips?
Edit: Nevermind, can take Yolobus 42a to about a block away from light rail station, which then takes you to the med school, where you can board the green line to get to the middle of school =D
I'm driving in. I know the area a bit, so let me know if you have additional questions.
I still don't understand how interview sign ups work. If there is a date in August, do I have to take it? Can you just keep waiting for a date that works for you or do you have to attend an interview within a certain timeframe?
Why don't you use the message center on status page website?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
